Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Suggestion 2: Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Suggestion 2: No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Last thread before I go. Title says above.

Suggestion 1: bonus points per kill depending on the opponent's level
Let's say a game of skywars gives 3 points per kill. Bonus points add more to that depending on the opponent's level in the server. Here's a suggested list of bonus points awarded upon killing an opponent within these level ranges.

Level 0-11: +0 bonus points
Level 12-21: +1 bonus point
Level 22-31: +2 bonus points
Level 32-41: +3 bonus points
Level 32-51: +4 bonus points
Level 52-61: +5 bonus points
Level 62-71: +6 bonus points
Level 72-81: +7 bonus ponts
Level 82-91: +8 bonus points
Level 92-95: +9 bonus points
Level 96-99: +10 bonus points
Level 100-103: +11 bonus points
Level 104-107: +12 bonus points
Level 108-111: +13 bonus points
Level 112-115: +14 bonus points
Level 116-119: +15 bonus points
Level 120+: +16 bonus points

Special case: If a player kills another in eggwars, the bonus applies only to the final kill (i.e. when the victim permanently dies), but since farming is allowed in eggwars, we can have that bonus apply to each kill. We have 2 options here for this special case.

Example: Suppose I am level 20 and I kill a level 92 opponent. Referring to the list above, I get the usual 3 points and an extra 9 points, for a total of 12 points for killing that player. The kill message would show the following if I kill him:

+12 points (3 + 9 bonus)
[Opponent's name] was killed by [my name].

But if he kills me, it would show the following:
+4 points (3 + 1 bonus)
[my name] was killed by [opponent's name].

Suggestion 2: compensate for false ban
Provide a small compensation for falsely banned players, possibly worth equivalent to a medium daily challenge reward. People who got unbanned from an appeal when the punishment was rightfully issued do not benefit from compensation. Basically, the compensation shouldn't be worth too much, but worth less than if a player played the same amount of time as he was banned for. For people exploiting this, it wouldn't be profitable as they would be better off playing the same amount of time as the ban to earn much more in-game items.

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
I don't really agree with either of these. First of all, experience isn's based on skill, only how long they have been playing for the most part, which means you are gaining more points for killing someone who has been playing longer, not someone who is better. As of the compensations, you will never really know if you have been banned falsely or not, and it isn't the staff's entire fault. most "false" bans come from Sentinel, so compensating these players could be tricky. People could also start trying to get banned then appeal just for the compensation reward

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I don't really agree with either of these. First of all, experience isn's based on skill, only how long they have been playing for the most part, which means you are gaining more points for killing someone who has been playing longer, not someone who is better. As of the compensations, you will never really know if you have been banned falsely or not, and it isn't the staff's entire fault. most "false" bans come from Sentinel, so compensating these players could be tricky. People could also start trying to get banned then appeal just for the compensation reward
That's why the compensation reward is designed to be much smaller relative to the rewards gained from the amount of time playing (e.g. compensation for 1 day false ban is always smaller than playing for 1 day) to discourage farming that.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Suggestion 1:
Someone's level doesn't necessarily say how skilled someone is. It just shows how much of a life someone doesn't have. I can take myself as a example. I've been playing on Cubecraft since 2014. Before the leveling system was implemented. And today I'm still lvl 49 while some people play on Cubecraft for like 10 months and already are close to lvl 100. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty skilled in both 1.8 and 1.9 combat though my level isn't high.

That's why a better idea is to reward players with a higher level with bonus points instead of rewarding players for killing someone with a high level. Curently leveling has no purpose. Cubecraft doesn't reward players for reaching certain levels, which sucks imo. Besides how big is the chance that you'll be playing with a lvl 100 player.

Suggestion 2:
Someone will eventually reply to this with the long answer. Too tired to write it.

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
That's why the compensation reward is designed to be much smaller relative to the rewards gained from the amount of time playing (e.g. compensation for 1 day false ban is always smaller than playing for 1 day) to discourage farming that.
Bans are supposed to stop cheaters/rule-breakers. I think an unban is enough reward for proving their innocence

Reactions: Despacito 2

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
That's why a better idea is to reward players with a higher level with bonus points instead of rewarding players for killing someone with a high level. Curently leveling has no purpose. Cubecraft doesn't reward players for reaching certain levels, which sucks imo. Besides how big is the chance that you'll be playing with a lvl 100 player.
I don't think high level players should get more points. The last Skywars update finally gave me a reason to spend all my points and I am 70k points short of buying all of them. It would be pretty boring if I got more points making them useless again even quicker. The only way to spend unlimited points that I know of is armor in FFA, but I guess most high level players won't want to stoop so low. They could get some other reward but I doubt anyone wants even more hats or trails.
I am not really sure about the original idea. Most likely it would be something I wouldn't even notice at the time I get a kill. If I am in a longer game such as Skywars, I am more concerned about winning the game than about 15 points. It might provide an incentive to target high level players which might be a good thing if games start to get boring for them, but I think I'd completely ignore that bonus.

I like the second idea, even though I don't care about points/exp too much, definitely not about the amount the daily challenge gives. It could serve as an apology for the caused inconvenience rather than an actual compensation. I don't think an unban is a reward for proving your innocence, the normal case should be not getting falsely banned. When you get back on the server after getting unbanned, you could get a small special reward in the reward chest with an apology note. After all the situation was caused by a mistake either the moderator or the anti cheat developer made.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Bans are supposed to stop cheaters/rule-breakers. I think an unban is enough reward for proving their innocence
Legitimate players shouldn't be banned to begin with. That's like saying, "hey, we'll take away a couple days of your time by force and we won't give you anything for waiting even though you're innocent." Those guys aren't pretty happy getting false banned to begin with, and an unban--that has to be given out if the accused was innocent--without anything else is like a slap to the face. An unban is not a reward in this case.

Reactions: Max ♠

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Suggestion 1:
Someone's level doesn't necessarily say how skilled someone is. It just shows how much of a life someone doesn't have. I can take myself as a example. I've been playing on Cubecraft since 2014. Before the leveling system was implemented. And today I'm still lvl 49 while some people play on Cubecraft for like 10 months and already are close to lvl 100. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty skilled in both 1.8 and 1.9 combat though my level isn't high.

Suggestion 2:
Someone will eventually reply to this with the long answer. Too tired to write it.
Hey I have a low level and I don't have life

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I would have to agree with both additions, Having bonus points for killing players depending on their level group would be a nice addition. The same goes for falsely banned players. I believe they should get a compensation for not being able to play on cubecraft because of a mistake, but not something big. good luck on your additions and have an amazing day :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Unpopular opinion, but I believe false bans should be rectified with compensation. The process of getting unbanned, at least through Sentinel, can take upwards of twenty-four hours. This is of course, assuming they believe it was a false flag, and don't just decide to keep you banned. By the time you've been unbanned you've already done a portion of the punishment, which will obviously leave a bad taste in people's mouths. Giving them say, 100 points and a cubelet, would be a way of saying "Sorry about that, no hard feelings friendo?"

A

A pigeon

I've been false banned before (by some mod , since retired) . At least issue a small apology message

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't really agree with your ideas.
1. Points are really easy to get, I have about 2000 - 5000 points a day, so I think when you get 10 points for one kill for example, you can have 10K points a day.
2. It's nice if you get a apologise message or something, but I don't know if some points, xp or cubelets will make your day much better.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Top Bottom