Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Over the past few weeks I have been thinking of an idea for a completely new PVP game that could be implemented onto the server. Some things in this thread I will go into a lot of detail because I have thought this through a lot so parts might get confusing, feel free to ask any questions about those parts. Also bare in mind I have no idea how hard this would be to create :p The small details I'm going to go into are very picky.

( Sorry for this thread being so long :p )

What is the game?
The game will be based quite simply around FFA/Teamed last man/team standing.

The twist is mobility
Each player will get an item that gives them the ability to shoot a rope/grapple towards some kind of solid block which will attack its self so you can either winch yourself in through the air towards the connection point on the wall or swing from an overhang/around a corner. With this item you will be able to move around any environment quickly.

------------------------------------

How would you use this item?
There are 2 kinds of movement for this item.
The first movement would be when you hold lets say right click to shoot the grapple out, if you carry on holding right click you would be pulled in towards where the grapple hit the wall. This would be the main method of travel around the map for speed.
The second movement would be if you let go of the right click you would move with where gravity takes you, this would result in a swinging motion around what you are attached to. This would mean if you are attached to something over head you will swing in a forwards direction and if you were attached to say the corner of a wall you would swing around in almost a circle motion to go around a corner. While moving through the air when using it you would be able to move side to side.

You can attach the grapple to anything solid or entity wise. You could attach it to the wall, structures above, the floor to dive down and other players. If you manage to hit another player with it, it should do a small amount of damage as well as you are able to pull yourself towards them.

The grapple will only be able to reach so far though (about 30 to 40 blocks maybe)

(P.S. I know it's possible to code a plugin for a grapple, I've looked around on servers and websites and there are already plugins with it out there.)​

What will PVP be like/What will I be able to do?
Now you may be thinking "If we are constantly flying through the air using these grapples how will we ever kill eachother?".

Well one disadvantage of using this gadget is that if you get hit in the air while using it you will be instantly killed, this will make fights a lot quicker in some cases and a lot riskier. If you hit each other at the same time in this way you will both be killed.

There will also be a ways to force the opposing players to the ground, you do this by interfering in any way with the grapple ropes. This means if you shoot them, hit them, swing yourself through them or make your ropes collide with them, the rope will break and the gadget with be unusable for 15-20 seconds. This will force the fight to the ground for anyone who prefers

to fight that way.
(The gadget will also break if it hits any block for 5 seconds)
If you manage to attach your grapple to the player it will give them 1 heart of damage and you will also be able to pull yourself towards them. This will help with chases because the player won't be able to constantly run away if you manage to pull this off.

Now because this game will be very "in the air" based, fall damage will be a problem. To combat this problem I have thought of a couple solutions. Now bare in mind i have no idea how hard some of these would be to code :p
I'll list:

1 - Fall damage is reset every time you use the grapple and you are given a pair of feather falling boots.

2 - (This is my personal favorite or the 2) You are able to boost yourself upwards and forwards slightly in the direction you move (so you hover for a second) and doing this resets fall damage. The double jump will also reset every time you use the grapple. Baring in mind if you do this high in the air you will take the amount of fall damage you would take from the point you used the jump.

For the teamed version of this game you will be able to right-click on your team mate and you will placed sitting on their head so you can move around riding them (like the cowboy gadget), one member using the grapples and the other either on the look out for people to kill with sword or to shoot opposing players or players ropes with a bow.

Kits/Classes
For now I have only thought up of a few and some are very generic. If anyone has any more ideas to add for these it would help out a lot.

Swordsman:

With this Class you get:
- Full Iron
Armour
- Diamond sword
- Bow
- 3 Arrows
(Once used they regenerate over time, for this class 3 arrows is the max you can regenerate to)
- Stone Axe
- Shield (Removable)
- 10 Team colored Clay blocks (Regenerates slowly over time)
*Solo Mode everyone gets the normal colored clay blocks*

------------

Axe-man:

With this Class you get:
- Full Iron Armour
- Wooden Sword
- Bow
- 3 Arrows

- Iron Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Sniper:

With this Class you get:

- Full chain Armour
- Iron Sword
- Power 1 Bow
- 6 Arrows
- Wooden Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Griefer:

With this Class you get:
- Full Leather Armour with Blast protection and Fire protection and Protection 1
- Stone Sword
- Flame 1 Bow
- 2 Arrows
- 5 TNT to start (ignites when placed)
(regenerates back but only regenerates to 1 once they have been used)
- 3 Creeper Eggs + Flint and Steel
- Stone Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Builder:
These players are the only players that will be able to break blocks in the game. They can only break blocks that have been placed during game time though.

With this Class you get:
- Half Chain half Iron Armour (Chain Helmet and leggings, Iron Chest-plate and Boots)
- Stone Sword
- Bow
- 3 Arrows
- Efficiency 1 Stone Pick-Axe
- Stone Axe
- Shield (Removable)
- 20 Team colored Clay blocks (Regenerates faster than the other classes)

And all wearable items (Armour, bow and sword) are unbreakable in these Classes.

I'd like to add to this section that once the game has gone on for say 10 minutes or it comes down to the last 3 players/teams, each player/team member gets given either a compass pointing to the nearest player or a map showing where all the teams are.
Also with placing blocks, I know people would be able to just block themselves in and camp the game so what I think will stop that is if players don't move at least a distance of 8 blocks in 30 seconds they start to take damage until they do start moving or they are eventually killed.

Power-Ups
These power-ups will give you/your team temporary in game boosts to help your chances of winning.
A few I have thought of are:

- Upgrades Armour/Team Armour by 1 tier (Leather Protection 1 to Gold, Iron to Diamond)
- Upgrades Main Class Weapon/Team Weapon by 1 tier (Wood to Stone, Iron to Diamond)
- (Only if you have chosen Griever Class) You/your team are given 2 TNT and 1 Creeper Egg
- Gives you/all team members a random temporary good potion effect (Speed for 20 seconds, Strength for 25 Seconds)
- Boosts double jump distance.

De-Buffs
These De-buffs will be placed into your hot-bar as an item like an Armour Stand or a water bottle and will effect all other players in solo mode and in team mode you will get to choose which team it effects. You will be able to do this by right-clicking on the item, this will bring a menu up of all the teams and you will be able to click on the team you want it to effect.

What these do are pretty much the opposite of Power-Ups:

- Downgrades Armour/Team Armour by 1 tier (Removes protection on Leather, Iron to Chain)
- Downgrades main class Weapon/ Team Weapon by 1 tier (Iron Axe to Stone Axe, Iron Sword to Stone Sword)
- Gives temporary bad potion effects to players/ All members of chosen opposing team (Mining Fatigue for 10 Seconds, Slowness for 8 seconds)
- Breaks Grapple gear for 15 seconds

Maps
Last thing I would like to talk about is maps and its just a couple things I think would be essential.
In these in my opinion there will have to be a lot of over-hangs, tall organics to attach to. This would make it easier to use the grapples. Sharp corners to swing around would be a good addition on the maps to help maximize mobility.

Thank's for reading through :p I know a lot of it seem's crazy and will only be possible as an idea but I thought it would be a good idea to write it all out anyway.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
It does sound cool and fun, I just really don't know how the actual gameplay would be/feel like :v

Reactions: Jaistrix

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
The twist is mobility
Each player will get an item that gives them the ability to shoot a rope/grapple towards some kind of solid block which will attack its self so you can either winch yourself in through the air towards the connection point on the wall or swing from an overhang/around a corner. With this item you will be able to move around any environment quickly.
Reminds me quite a lot of Attack On Titan (A show) XD. I like it though :)
You can attach the grapple to anything solid or entity wise. You could attach it to the wall, structures above, the floor to dive down and other players. If you manage to hit another player with it, it should do a small amount of damage as well as you are able to pull yourself towards them.
Rather than being able to use the player similar to a structure, why not make it damage the player instead? With having bonus affects. Hitting a player in the leg will give them slowness. In the arm will limit how much they could use their 3D maneuver gear ;) . In the head may freeze them temporarily.
Now because this game will be very "in the air" based, fall damage will be a problem. To combat this problem I have thought of a couple solutions. Now bare in mind i have no idea how hard some of these would be to code :p
I would like to add the one thing you removed from the source back :P . Add the gas tank ;) If you constantly use the grapple your gas tank will eventually run out making you unable to continue. To refill it you have to be on the ground or steal it from a player by killing them :)
Last thing I would like to talk about is maps and its just a couple things I think would be essential.
In these in my opinion there will have to be a lot of over-hangs, tall organics to attach to. This would make it easier to use the grapples. Sharp corners to swing around would be a good addition on the maps to help maximize mobility.
I think maps should have giant structures like buildings, giant walls, pillars etc.

Additions I would like to add about grappling.
-Grappling towards weak objects will break the block and will damage your grapple (Grapple should be able to regain durability by being on a flat surface). Weak objects may include Glass, blocks affected by gravity, dirt, wool etc.
-If a player shoots or hits your grapple hook using any item, your grapple will fall on the floor and will get damaged.
-The more durability you loose the weaker your grapple may hold on to objects.
-The gas tank I mentioned which would limit how much you could use your grapple hook

A

A pigeon

I want a titan killing mode too . This is a legitimate thread , this would be the best minigame ever . Idc how long it takes , pls make this come true. Maybe use custom resourcepacks for this game as well . Im looking forward to it.

A

A pigeon

Attack on titan money walls map

Attack on titan FFA map

Attack on titan minigame

Attack on titan assassins

We need all these

CaptaiinAmerica

Oct 19, 2016
rubik_cube_man's house
Over the past few weeks I have been thinking of an idea for a completely new PVP game that could be implemented onto the server. Some things in this thread I will go into a lot of detail because I have thought this through a lot so parts might get confusing, feel free to ask any questions about those parts. Also bare in mind I have no idea how hard this would be to create :p The small details I'm going to go into are very picky.

( Sorry for this thread being so long :p )

What is the game?
The game will be based quite simply around FFA/Teamed last man/team standing.

The twist is mobility

How would you use this item?
There are 2 kinds of movement for this item.
The first movement would be when you hold lets say right click to shoot the grapple out, if you carry on holding right click you would be pulled in towards where the grapple hit the wall. This would be the main method of travel around the map for speed.
The second movement would be if you let go of the right click you would move with where gravity takes you, this would result in a swinging motion around what you are attached to. This would mean if you are attached to something over head you will swing in a forwards direction and if you were attached to say the corner of a wall you would swing around in almost a circle motion to go around a corner. While moving through the air when using it you would be able to move side to side.

The grapple will only be able to reach so far though (about 30 to 40 blocks maybe)

(P.S. I know it's possible to code a plugin for a grapple, I've looked around on servers and websites and there are already plugins with it out there.)​

What will PVP be like/What will I be able to do?
Now you may be thinking "If we are constantly flying through the air using these grapples how will we ever kill eachother?".

Well one disadvantage of using this gadget is that if you get hit in the air while using it you will be instantly killed, this will make fights a lot quicker in some cases and a lot riskier. If you hit each other at the same time in this way you will both be killed.

There will also be a ways to force the opposing players to the ground, you do this by interfering in any way with the grapple ropes. This means if you shoot them, hit them, swing yourself through them or make your ropes collide with them, the rope will break and the gadget with be unusable for 15-20 seconds. This will force the fight to the ground for anyone who prefers
to fight that way.
(The gadget will also break if it hits any block for 5 seconds)

If you manage to attach your grapple to the player it will give them 1 heart of damage and you will also be able to pull yourself towards them. This will help with chases because the player won't be able to constantly run away if you manage to pull this off.

I'll list:

1 - Fall damage is reset every time you use the grapple and you are given a pair of feather falling boots.

2 - (This is my personal favorite or the 2) You are able to boost yourself upwards and forwards slightly in the direction you move (so you hover for a second) and doing this resets fall damage. The double jump will also reset every time you use the grapple. Baring in mind if you do this high in the air you will take the amount of fall damage you would take from the point you used the jump.

For the teamed version of this game you will be able to right-click on your team mate and you will placed sitting on their head so you can move around riding them (like the cowboy gadget), one member using the grapples and the other either on the look out for people to kill with sword or to shoot opposing players or players ropes with a bow.

Kits/Classes
For now I have only thought up of a few and some are very generic. If anyone has any more ideas to add for these it would help out a lot.

Swordsman:

With this Class you get:
- Full Iron Armour

- Diamond sword
- Bow
- 3 Arrows
(Once used they regenerate over time, for this class 3 arrows is the max you can regenerate to)
- Stone Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Axe-man:

With this Class you get:
- Full Iron Armour
- Wooden Sword
- Bow
- 3 Arrows

- Iron Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Sniper:

With this Class you get:

- Full chain Armour
- Iron Sword
- Power 1 Bow
- 6 Arrows
- Wooden Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Griefer:

With this Class you get:
- Full Leather Armour with Blast protection and Fire protection and Protection 1
- Stone Sword
- Flame 1 Bow
- 2 Arrows
- 5 TNT to start (ignites when placed)
(regenerates back but only regenerates to 1 once they have been used)
- 3 Creeper Eggs + Flint and Steel
- Stone Axe
- Shield (Removable)

------------

Builder:
These players are the only players that will be able to break blocks in the game. They can only break blocks that have been placed during game time though.

With this Class you get:
- Half Chain half Iron Armour (Chain Helmet and leggings, Iron Chest-plate and Boots)
- Stone Sword
- Bow
- 3 Arrows
- Efficiency 1 Stone Pick-Axe
- Stone Axe
- Shield (Removable)
- 20 Team colored Clay blocks (Regenerates faster than the other classes)

And all wearable items (Armour, bow and sword) are unbreakable in these Classes.

I'd like to add to this section that once the game has gone on for say 10 minutes or it comes down to the last 3 players/teams, each player/team member gets given either a compass pointing to the nearest player or a map showing where all the teams are.
Also with placing blocks, I know people would be able to just block themselves in and camp the game so what I think will stop that is if players don't move at least a distance of 8 blocks in 30 seconds they start to take damage until they do start moving or they are eventually killed.

Power-Ups
These power-ups will give you/your team temporary in game boosts to help your chances of winning.
A few I have thought of are:

- Upgrades Armour/Team Armour by 1 tier (Leather Protection 1 to Gold, Iron to Diamond)
- Upgrades Main Class Weapon/Team Weapon by 1 tier (Wood to Stone, Iron to Diamond)
- (Only if you have chosen Griever Class) You/your team are given 2 TNT and 1 Creeper Egg
- Gives you/all team members a random temporary good potion effect (Speed for 20 seconds, Strength for 25 Seconds)
- Boosts double jump distance.

De-Buffs
These De-buffs will be placed into your hot-bar as an item like an Armour Stand or a water bottle and will effect all other players in solo mode and in team mode you will get to choose which team it effects. You will be able to do this by right-clicking on the item, this will bring a menu up of all the teams and you will be able to click on the team you want it to effect.

What these do are pretty much the opposite of Power-Ups:

- Downgrades Armour/Team Armour by 1 tier (Removes protection on Leather, Iron to Chain)
- Downgrades main class Weapon/ Team Weapon by 1 tier (Iron Axe to Stone Axe, Iron Sword to Stone Sword)
- Gives temporary bad potion effects to players/ All members of chosen opposing team (Mining Fatigue for 10 Seconds, Slowness for 8 seconds)
- Breaks Grapple gear for 15 seconds

Maps

Thank's for reading through :p I know a lot of it seem's crazy and will only be possible as an idea but I thought it would be a good idea to write it all out anyway.
Can and a fun amazing idea. But, who are we going to have testing the gamemodes just incase.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Yeah that's something I'm not completely sure on either. Things like game length and how long fights are, I can't really say I know how they would turn out.
Yeaa, I'm not sure how long something like this would take to create, but if the developers would have time to create a small version to let staff test the gameplay that would be nice :p

Reactions: CaptaiinAmerica

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Yeaa, I'm not sure how long something like this would take to create, but if the developers would have time to create a small version to let staff test the gameplay that would be nice :p
A simple method would be just having the old CC lobby buildings and adding a ready made mode (an example).
Will take very little effort and you can get an example of the gameplay
EDIT: Or download a map with lots of tall structures.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I can see it taking the most time to create the gear because it would somewhat have to be from scratch. The rest of the game we kind of already have.
The power-ups and de-buffs could be similar to the coding used for the wing rush drops. Kits are in every game. After that the cowboy gadget is already on the server. Team plugin is on the server.
Having all of that thrown together would kind of make a mock up of what it could be.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Top Bottom