Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hi there,

we're all agreeing on the fact that a vanity update is needed, people are stocking up their vanity points but have nothing to spend them on. Most of the vanity sections are pretty brainless (not saying they're not cool, just that they don't need much brainstorming before you have a bunch of ideas).
In the past I've suggested some gadget ideas (they were accepted but never got implented for some reason) and gadgets are probably my most used vanity items so I wanted to come up with some more ideas as out of all of the vanity sections, a gadget update is what I'd like to see most :).

I spent some time on brainstorming and building the gadgets so I could showcase them and for now I'm done, I came up with 15 gadgets I feel like all would suit the Cubecraft lobbies and in this thread, I'll be showcasing and explaining them :).
Some of the gadgets are either old ideas by me or variations on it.

First I'll be showcasing you every gadget and after that I'll explain what the idea of each gadget is and go a little bit more into how it would work on Cube. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory though :p

Showcase:

The Gadgets:

This is an old trick in minecraft, if a bunch of chickens are spawned on the same block they'll form a cirkle, if then the cirkle block gets broken the chickens will slowly fall down and explode all over the place when they hit the ground.

Very simple but actually very fun! The Rocket Boots allow you to jump around with jumpboost, most gadgets are time-based but I think this could just be a thing that you turn on and can then use in the lobbies.

*A variation on this could be boots that boost you up extremely high once, showing you the entire lobbymap.

Both of those variations can be made cooler with fire particles boosting out of the shoes of the player when he jumps.

Spawns a tree right in front of the player that uses the gadget, I know its extremely random but its fun to have trees popping up in lobbies when you run towards a sign or something. The trees will get removed after a couple of seconds.

Spawns a spaceship a couple of blocks above the ground and tp's the user into it. After a couple of seconds the spaceship disappears and thus the player falls back down, It'd be really fun to see spaceships popping up in lobbies every now and then (same as with the three).

Spawns a small parkour in the middle of the lobby added a cake up top like the parkours in minerware, maybe a point given to the one that hits it first or something? I know there are already parkours in every lobby but this is just a super tiny one that'll only be around for 7 seconds or something.

The name is a reference to a series called The Lone Ranger for whoever knows that, could also be called 'Horse' or 'Rider' or something. Basically spawns a horse for you to ride on, disappears after 5 seconds.

Player recieves a bow, when the player shoots he gets teleported to the projectile every game tick (@hgbf tried to help me with this from his phone, he said something with a bowStat scoreboard could work. Didn't manage to fix it in the showcase but I'm sure its possible to make). You can basically teleport through lobbies with this thing which is pretty cool.

Spawns a commandblock with a pressureplate underneath and a sign saying something that would want to make you press the commandblock. I came up with ''Gives OP'' but could say a lot of things. Then, whenever the player steps onto the pressureplate a text pops up in the Titel Bar saying ''Nice Try...''. It's a pretty funny troll.

Spawns 4 iron doors around a pressure plate for someone like @komododragon 2002 to step into, after 5 seconds it disappears again. A really old school technique of trapping mobs or players but still very fun :D lobbies are often full of people so one of them will probabl step in and... be stuck for a couple of seconds :)

Similar to the rocket boots the piston launcher spawns a piston in the lobby that then extends and launches you up in the air. However it'll be lower than the rocket boots. Just a weird, simple gadget which could be pretty cool :)

This one is one of my favorites :) it's reference to the asdf movie for whoever never saw those. The gadget gives you a potato named ''Throw Me'' and spawns a wooden pressure plate on the ground, the player throws the potato onto the pressure plate and BOOM! Down goes the potato.

A cloud of particles gets summoned and the user turns invisible for 5 seconds, pretty simple but actually really cool to see or perform yourself. Trying this one out really gave me the feeling of a magician :D ''Badaboom badabeem im gone!''

Spawns a source of water and a fence around it so that the water can spread within the boundaries of the fence (I went with a 3x3 but this works with bigger sizes too). After the water filled up the area a Falling sand dry sponge falls down onto the sourceblock, soacking up every bit of water within the area, after that the fence and sponge get removed.

Yet another really simple but nifty gadget, changes a 3x3 (could be bigger) area into 9 different woolblocks which then get changed up for 7 times. After that the floor becomes normal too. A flashing lamp or something up top could add to this one.

Spawns some coloured concrete powder (Ordened in the colour order from a rainbow) which then fall down on the ground and on top of eachother. After that a bit of water is spawned next to the highest concrete block which will then fall down, concretizing all the powder (concretizing... BestWord2k17). After that the pole stays there for some seconds and then gets removed.

Those were all my gadget ideas for now, if this thread gets appreciated I'll be sure to try to come up with some more. It's really not that hard to be honest...

If anyone is interested into how I got some of these gadgets to work make sure to ask, I'll be happy to explain them :)

Special thanks to @Pandaa__ , @komododragon 2002 , @hgbf and my brother for helping me command, demonstrate and brainstorm for idea's.

That's it for now,
Cya

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
11/10 Gadgets.

But I think the Grappling Hook one should actually be called Ender Bow. <- Used to be a Old Cubecraft gadget.
I do believe there should be another gadget called Grappling Hook.
It could a be fishing rod. You shoot the rod and then when you click again to get it back it will shoot you in the direction it landed.

The Heyy Hoo gadget would kinda ruin the point of Mounts. A suggestion I've made a month ago.
But if they don't implement my suggestion, they could always implement this one. I don't really see a problem.

The nice try one is honestly the funniest :,)

Reactions: RPoule

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
"Spawns 4 iron doors around a pressure plate for someone like @komododragon 2002 to step into, after 5 seconds it disappears again. A really old school technique of trapping mobs or players but still very fun :D lobbies are often full of people so one of them will probabl step in and... be stuck for a couple of seconds :)"

Come one! I was trying to find a new house for my death bush!...

Anyways, it was really fun to took part in (Although, what did i actually do?) I would also love to see those 'Totally Spies' gadgets getting added! Who doesn't like new gadgets?!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Chickenbomb > This is an old trick in minecraft, if a bunch of chickens are spawned on the same block they'll form a cirkle, if then the cirkle block gets broken the chickens will slowly fall down and explode all over the place when they hit the ground.
I don't like this, because it's just pretty useless.

Rocket boost > Very simple but actually very fun! The Rocket Boots allow you to jump around with jumpboost, most gadgets are time-based but I think this could just be a thing that you turn on and can then use in the lobbies.

*A variation on this could be boots that boost you up extremely high once, showing you the entire lobbymap.

Both of those variations can be made cooler with fire particles boosting out of the shoes of the player when he jumps.
What about boots and jump while wearing them, you just boost up really high like 20 blocks or so? I love this idea!

Tree! > Spawns a tree right in front of the player that uses the gadget, I know its extremely random but its fun to have trees popping up in lobbies when you run towards a sign or something. The trees will
I find this gadget really, really useless. Sorry, but no.

Spaceship > Spawns a spaceship a couple of blocks above the ground and tp's the user into it. After a couple of seconds the spaceship disappears and thus the player falls back down, It'd be really fun to see spaceships popping up in lobbies every now and then (same as with the three).
I find this gadget less useless and it's a but funny.

Parkour > Spawns a small parkour in the middle of the lobby added a cake up top like the parkours in minerware, maybe a point given to the one that hits it first or something? I know there are already parkours in every lobby but this is just a super tiny one that'll only be around for 7 seconds or something.
Well, I like this idea, but we can also give the player a very little reward if he/she finished the parkour? Like for example 10 experience? The parkour has to disappear after 3-5 seconds though.

Hey Hoo > The name is a reference to a series called The Lone Ranger for whoever knows that, could also be called 'Horse' or 'Rider' or something. Basically spawns a horse for you to ride on, disappears after 5 seconds.
Funny gadget. Maybe last it a little longer? 10 seconds? 15 seconds?

Grappling Hook > Player recieves a bow, when the player shoots he gets teleported to the projectile every game tick (@hgbf tried to help me with this from his phone, he said something with a bowStat scoreboard could work. Didn't manage to fix it in the showcase but I'm sure its possible to make). You can basically teleport through lobbies with this thing which is pretty cool.
I love, love, love this gadget. I say yes to this one definitely.

Nice Try > Spawns a commandblock with a pressureplate underneath and a sign saying something that would want to make you press the commandblock. I came up with ''Gives OP'' but could say a lot of things. Then, whenever the player steps onto the pressureplate a text pops up in the Titel Bar saying ''Nice Try...''. It's a pretty funny troll.
Meh, don't really find this gadget useful. I don't agree with this one.

Come in Please > Spawns 4 iron doors around a pressure plate for someone like @komododragon 2002 to step into, after 5 seconds it disappears again. A really old school technique of trapping mobs or players but still very fun :D lobbies are often full of people so one of them will probabl step in and... be stuck for a couple of seconds :)
Could be funny indeed when there are many people in a lobby, but will it also work if you have your settings on ''FRIENDS + PARTY ONLY''?

Piston Launcher > Similar to the rocket boots the piston launcher spawns a piston in the lobby that then extends and launches you up in the air. However it'll be lower than the rocket boots. Just a weird, simple gadget which could be pretty cool :)
I find the rocket boost cooler. So a no to this one.

Dieee Potato > This one is one of my favorites :) it's reference to the asdf movie for whoever never saw those. The gadget gives you a potato named ''Throw Me'' and spawns a wooden pressure plate on the ground, the player throws the potato onto the pressure plate and BOOM! Down goes the potato.
This is a pretty useless gadget, so I don't agree with this one.

The Vanishing > A cloud of particles gets summoned and the user turns invisible for 5 seconds, pretty simple but actually really cool to see or perform yourself. Trying this one out really gave me the feeling of a magician :D ''Badaboom badabeem im gone!''
I really like this one.

Water!!! Oh.. > Spawns a source of water and a fence around it so that the water can spread within the boundaries of the fence (I went with a 3x3 but this works with bigger sizes too). After the water filled up the area a Falling sand dry sponge falls down onto the sourceblock, soacking up every bit of water within the area, after that the fence and sponge get removed.
I don't like this gadget as it's pretty useless. Sorry, but no.

Disco > Yet another really simple but nifty gadget, changes a 3x3 (could be bigger) area into 9 different woolblocks which then get changed up for 7 times. After that the floor becomes normal too. A flashing lamp or something up top could add to this one.
It's maybe weird, but I really like this one!

Rainbow > Spawns some coloured concrete powder (Ordened in the colour order from a rainbow) which then fall down on the ground and on top of eachother. After that a bit of water is spawned next to the highest concrete block which will then fall down, concretizing all the powder (concretizing... BestWord2k17). After that the pole stays there for some seconds and then gets removed.
This one isn't that useless, but I don't know if I'd use it. So a yes and a no.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I don't like this, because it's just pretty useless.

What about boots and jump while wearing them, you just boost up really high like 20 blocks or so? I love this idea!

I find this gadget really, really useless. Sorry, but no.

I find this gadget less useless and it's a but funny.

Well, I like this idea, but we can also give the player a very little reward if he/she finished the parkour? Like for example 10 experience? The parkour has to disappear after 3-5 seconds though.

Funny gadget. Maybe last it a little longer? 10 seconds? 15 seconds?

I love, love, love this gadget. I say yes to this one definitely.

Meh, don't really find this gadget useful. I don't agree with this one.

Could be funny indeed when there are many people in a lobby, but will it also work if you have your settings on ''FRIENDS + PARTY ONLY''?

I find the rocket boost cooler. So a no to this one.

This is a pretty useless gadget, so I don't agree with this one.

I really like this one.

I don't like this gadget as it's pretty useless. Sorry, but no.

It's maybe weird, but I really like this one!

This one isn't that useless, but I don't know if I'd use it. So a yes and a no.

Tbh all gadgets that are already on the server are pretty useless... the entire vanity system is pretty useless. But it's cool, that's why it's here!

Thanks for your feedback tho, if I ever try to make more gadgets I'll be sure to add more that actually do something for the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This is an old trick in minecraft, if a bunch of chickens are spawned on the same block they'll form a cirkle, if then the cirkle block gets broken the chickens will slowly fall down and explode all over the place when they hit the ground.
I feel like this one could lag some people out, as entities are a huge source of lag for people with a low-end computer.

Very simple but actually very fun! The Rocket Boots allow you to jump around with jumpboost, most gadgets are time-based but I think this could just be a thing that you turn on and can then use in the lobbies.

I like it, but only if it were Emerald+/Obsidian. This could get you to places where /fly is supposed to get you to.

Spawns a tree right in front of the player that uses the gadget, I know its extremely random but its fun to have trees popping up in lobbies when you run towards a sign or something. The trees will
"The trees will-"
I think you forgot to end your sentence there.
I like it, but I think structure based gadget should stick to 1 or 2 blocks in height, as it could almost become unusable because of the space it needs. Usually you would only be able to place them in the center between the game boards, info board & spawn platform. I don't think people want to constantly run into trees.
IF it were added however, Make it an obsidian only thing. Obsidian rank can get some love!

Spawns a spaceship a couple of blocks above the ground and tp's the user into it. After a couple of seconds the spaceship disappears and thus the player falls back down, It'd be really fun to see spaceships popping up in lobbies every now and then (same as with the three).
I think I'd like it more if it were to give all of the players underneath the spaceship a levitation effect, so that it simulates players being "abducted". I like this one!
Again, obsidian only as it interacts with players & the lobby a lot more than the average gadget.

Spawns a small parkour in the middle of the lobby added a cake up top like the parkours in minerware, maybe a point given to the one that hits it first or something? I know there are already parkours in every lobby but this is just a super tiny one that'll only be around for 7 seconds or something.
I don't think this one is a great idea. It takes too much space, and would almost become unusable in half of the lobbies.

The name is a reference to a series called The Lone Ranger for whoever knows that, could also be called 'Horse' or 'Rider' or something. Basically spawns a horse for you to ride on, disappears after 5 seconds.
I myself prefer a mount addition to the vanity items, but this could work if they don't add a mount system.

Player recieves a bow, when the player shoots he gets teleported to the projectile every game tick (@hgbf tried to help me with this from his phone, he said something with a bowStat scoreboard could work. Didn't manage to fix it in the showcase but I'm sure its possible to make). You can basically teleport through lobbies with this thing which is pretty cool.
I've got the same response as @Dotsially :
"But I think the Grappling Hook one should actually be called Ender Bow. <- Used to be a Old Cubecraft gadget.
I do believe there should be another gadget called Grappling Hook.
It could a be fishing rod. You shoot the rod and then when you click again to get it back it will shoot you in the direction it landed."

Spawns a commandblock with a pressureplate underneath and a sign saying something that would want to make you press the commandblock. I came up with ''Gives OP'' but could say a lot of things. Then, whenever the player steps onto the pressureplate a text pops up in the Titel Bar saying ''Nice Try...''. It's a pretty funny troll.
Seems a bit impractical, and doesn't really do anything compared to other gadgets.

Spawns 4 iron doors around a pressure plate for someone like @komododragon 2002 to step into, after 5 seconds it disappears again. A really old school technique of trapping mobs or players but still very fun :D lobbies are often full of people so one of them will probabl step in and... be stuck for a couple of seconds :)
I've got the same response as mine about the tree.
(This may annoy others a lot)

Similar to the rocket boots the piston launcher spawns a piston in the lobby that then extends and launches you up in the air. However it'll be lower than the rocket boots. Just a weird, simple gadget which could be pretty cool :)
Instead of this, I think a "trampoline gadget" would work out better.
The only problem with that, is that it's on basically every server in existence that makes use of gadgets. They may add a twist to this in order for it to be more unique.

This one is one of my favorites :) it's reference to the asdf movie for whoever never saw those. The gadget gives you a potato named ''Throw Me'' and spawns a wooden pressure plate on the ground, the player throws the potato onto the pressure plate and BOOM! Down goes the potato.
I kind of like the name "Hot potato!" more, as it makes sense that way.
I like the "subtle" asdfmovie reference though!

-------12 went missing in the "[QUOTE" code somewhere...
12 could be cool, but what exactly happens? My guess is that they get the invisibility effect.
If so, heck yes! Cool gadget!

Spawns a source of water and a fence around it so that the water can spread within the boundaries of the fence (I went with a 3x3 but this works with bigger sizes too). After the water filled up the area a Falling sand dry sponge falls down onto the sourceblock, soacking up every bit of water within the area, after that the fence and sponge get removed.
This could be a nice one, and it's similar to the sheep one by size comparison. I like it! (obby rank)

Yet another really simple but nifty gadget, changes a 3x3 (could be bigger) area into 9 different woolblocks which then get changed up for 7 times. After that the floor becomes normal too. A flashing lamp or something up top could add to this one.
Could be cool, but maybe cover a larger area? a 4x4 would seem more "grand" & generally look cooler in lobbies.
Since it interacts with the world, Obsidian rank is the way to go.

Spawns some coloured concrete powder (Ordened in the colour order from a rainbow) which then fall down on the ground and on top of eachother. After that a bit of water is spawned next to the highest concrete block which will then fall down, concretizing all the powder (concretizing... BestWord2k17). After that the pole stays there for some seconds and then gets removed.
I think you're looking for the word "hardening"
Anyways, this could work if Cube were 1.12+
For the meantime, they can just do it with colored wool & maybe a colorful particle explosion at the end to make it disappear.
(Don't use firework particles, as vanilla players can't disable those in the video settings unlike us players with optifine (was written on a thread a week or so ago))

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hi there,

we're all agreeing on the fact that a vanity update is needed, people are stocking up their vanity points but have nothing to spend them on. Most of the vanity sections are pretty brainless (not saying they're not cool, just that they don't need much brainstorming before you have a bunch of ideas).
In the past I've suggested some gadget ideas (they were accepted but never got implented for some reason) and gadgets are probably my most used vanity items so I wanted to come up with some more ideas as out of all of the vanity sections, a gadget update is what I'd like to see most :).

I spent some time on brainstorming and building the gadgets so I could showcase them and for now I'm done, I came up with 15 gadgets I feel like all would suit the Cubecraft lobbies and in this thread, I'll be showcasing and explaining them :).

First I'll be showcasing you every gadget and after that I'll explain what the idea of each gadget is and go a little bit more into how it would work on Cube. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory though :p

Showcase:

The Gadgets:

Spawns a tree right in front of the player that uses the gadget, I know its extremely random but its fun to have trees popping up in lobbies when you run towards a sign or something. The trees will

Those were all my gadget ideas for now, if this thread gets appreciated I'll be sure to try to come up with some more. It's really not that hard to be honest...

If anyone is interested into how I got some of these gadgets to work make sure to ask, I'll be happy to explain them :)

Special thanks to @Pandaa__ , @komododragon 2002 , @hgbf and my brother for helping me command, demonstrate and brainstorm for idea's.

That's it for now,
Cya
The gadgets seems very fun!
Can't wait to use it if it gets added in!
Personally like Space ship and Rocketboots the best :)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Chicken bomb: would lag way to much
Rocket jump: okay I guess
Tree: why?
Spaceship: okay right here no to all the ones that spawn blocks since they could break the lobby by doing so
Parkour: spawns blocks; no just do normal parkour
Hay Hoo: okay? I guess maybe
Grappling hook: interesting so sure
Nice try: okay if it doesn't spawn blocks and just says nice try
Come in please: spawns blocks; no and would just generally be annoying for players
Piston launcher: isn't this basically the same thing as rocket jump just with a piston
Die potato: if it was just a throwable explosive potato that sure
The vanishing: no teleportation in it? Than absolutely
Oh water: I know this 1 spawns blocks but it is in a similar way to a current 1 so I know it will work
Disco: absolutely I love this 1
Rainbow poll: you could get someone stuck in it, so no

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

Hi there,

Showcase:

The Gadgets:

That's it for now,
Cya

I like all of them except tree and parkour, they in my opinion are useless, yes I read there purpose but I still do not like them as a gadget, but I would like to suggest another gadget/vanity thing.
Vanity perk name: ( Cant come up with a name) So basically the vanity perk will let you edit the size and shape of your player model, let it be big or small, this gadget though only Diamond+.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Thanks for all the great feedback so far! Less spawny stuff, more action :D. I also fixed the spoiler problems I could spot.

To answer @Gainfullterror I was actually hoping for the majority of these to be buyable with vanity points, were stocking up on them and need something to spend them on. I guess they could be pretty expensive giving the obsidian people more items to buy because they're getting more vanity points.

Exull

Jan 3, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
I actually like all of them except the Tree one and the Diee Potato one because I think that those gadgets are just too simple, they don't have anything special. A gadget needs to be a bit more advanced in my opinion.
Anyway, nice suggestions! ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom