Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I believe that both 1.9 and 1.8 PvP requires some degree of skill. 1.9 teaches you to time your attacks, as well as being able to actually land them. 1.8 is pretty much who can get the better combo, and who can strafe the best.

But as mentioned above, there is already a 1.8 proxy which you are able to join on. Only Skywars and Eggwars are available though, but I believe that they are going to make every PvP minigame into 1.8. :)

and that is why i don't play 1.8 pvp because i can't do either of those things ;)

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
For all the other players out there who like to pvp then u will know what im talking about.
PvP use to take a degree of skill (talking about 1.8.9 and lower)
U use to get awesome combos on people and have to keep them going with skill, some people say jitter clicking is easy and doesn't take skill when it actually does(many of u will disagree with that).
As many of u have noticed in the recent updates in PvP/fighting you have to now hit opponent and then wait a second
(ok maybe not that long but when ur fighting it feels like that)
before u can swing again to hit the person.
Yes I know u can still jitter click but this makes ur weapon deal little to no damage in OP pvp.
I remember In 2012 and 2013 when that's how noobs would fight "swing.....pause...swing..." and for using that tactic they would be rightfully punished(get rekt by some1 who had skill) sense it such and easy tactic to master......well now that being able to combo and jitter is kinda gone its basically letting the noobs take out skilled pvp'rs, and they don't get the chance to build up their skills.
The new pvp doesn't completely but limits the effectiveness of strafing, now trying to run around a guy whos also doing the same thing and having one swing per second makes it nearly impossible to 1v1 some1(im sure u other PvP'rs have been in this situation, running in circles now not being able to land a hit on the other guy that will do a heart of damage.)
So I just thought I would bring this to the Staff's attention that maybe there should be two separate kinds of pvp, 1.8 and 1.9?

Yeah I know there are other servers out there who do 1.8 pvp and believe me I've been on them and played... but I also like this community and I know others do and also feel the same way about the recent pvp update(b/c Ive heard others complain about it)
I understand If you guys wont do it, actually I know u probably wont make the change seeing that the pvp community isnt the largest on here, but thought that if I feel this way and so do other pvp'rs I would bring it to ur attention.
Thank u for ur time and have a wonderful day/night
Really the only "skill" is which one clicks faster and who gets the first hit. The reason why this is so dumb is that there IS skywars for 1.8 and eggwars for 1.8 and the fact that 1.9 actually takes a lot of skill. Do you even know how hard it is to strafe, jump, and hit a person? In my opinion, it's much more realistic (I don't think anyone can just swoosh a sword as fast as 1.8 pvp), takes more skill. Also, it's easier to fight a hacker in 1.9 pvp (which is why I like it a lot) and if you get snuck on, a person in full iron gear can be killed by a guy with just a wooden or stone sword. Next, the golden apples are intense and with gapples, it is nearly impossible to die. Well that's my opinion but keep in mind that we do have separate pvp clients.

Reactions: xXNiChO_29Xx

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Really the only "skill" is which one clicks faster and who gets the first hit. The reason why this is so dumb is that there IS skywars for 1.8 and eggwars for 1.8 and the fact that 1.9 actually takes a lot of skill. Do you even know how hard it is to strafe, jump, and hit a person? In my opinion, it's much more realistic (I don't think anyone can just swoosh a sword as fast as 1.8 pvp), takes more skill. Also, it's easier to fight a hacker in 1.9 pvp (which is why I like it a lot) and if you get snuck on, a person in full iron gear can be killed by a guy with just a wooden or stone sword. Next, the golden apples are intense and with gapples, it is nearly impossible to die. Well that's my opinion but keep in mind that we do have separate pvp clients.
hi did say
many of u will disagree with that
so you can't really say that because he pointed out both sides of the arguement

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."

I love it