Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How much FPS do you usually have on Vanilla 1.9?

• 0-10

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 21-30

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
DxDiag exert said:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/1/2016, 17:42:41
Machine name: <hidden>
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160223-1728)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 10132
BIOS: IEKT17AUS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4010MB RAM
Page File: 3397MB used, 6244MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 32bit Unicode

TheAsdfDude

Apr 8, 2016
NJ
www.youtube.com
What specifically does VBO or Vsync do? What are their noticable effects other than optimization?
VBO and Vsync are two completely different things. VBO stands for vertex buffer object. Basically, its a new way to render the game. It puts less strain and usage on your RAM and saves visual data on your video card memory, which is there for exclusively displaying things you graphics card puts out. Since your GPU also has fast memory, in some cases faster than RAM, it could potentially increase the FPS because the game doesn't need to reload to refresh the frame that is displayed, and the game is rendered/displayed all in one component. Vsync, or adaptive Vsync, is a way to reduce screen tearing between frames. Screen tearing happens when your FPS in game is higher than the refresh rate on your monitor, and your monitor has to catch up to the increased frames. This results in the display showing half of one frame and half of another. I believe its is exclusive to Nvidia's graphics cards. AMD released something called 'Freesync', which I assume is basically the same thing.

TheAsdfDude

Apr 8, 2016
NJ
www.youtube.com
Also, people like to rush the FPS in minecraft, which is a slight pet peeve of mine. Running the most optimal frames per second isn't the best for the game's stability, computer hardware, and display. As I've stated above, it results in screen tearing. Match your FPS with your monitors refresh rate (its the number in Hz) and you'll be surprised in the smoothness. Don't be ashamed if your monitor can only display 30 Hz, which means you should run the game at 30fps, because up until 2015, YouTube videos ran in 30fps and nobody minded.

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
K, First of all, can you not keep posting?
Instead just edit your message? as it is making it more confusing to be look at.

Ok, now
Want to fix the lag?

Tips
1. Buy a better laptop / Pc.
Since you won't do this, i have another suggestion
2. Play at the lowest Chunk View Possible (4 (?))
3. Use optifine for 1.9 (Idk if it is out yet or not)
4. Decrease all the animations to decreased (If you still want to play with visual, which, we know that is not really a part of reason why we play minecraft, unless for particle effect for stupid invis :v) or to none
5. VBO On
So, You don't want to use optifine although it is free? :v fine, tips
6. Degrade to 1.8 and stay there until mojang fix the lag

You might think they are not working their hardest just to fix the lag. Even i am annoyed, but for me personally, all i hate is the anti Hax on this server
And just because we (Community) does not reply in a moment of an hour or so, doesn't mean we are Deliberately not answering your question.
Probably because, we just do not know how to help you, and or it just slipped :v

To add
Also, people like to rush the FPS in minecraft, which is a slight pet peeve of mine. Running the most optimal frames per second isn't the best for the game's stability, computer hardware, and display. As I've stated above, it results in screen tearing. Match your FPS with your monitors refresh rate (its the number in Hz) and you'll be surprised in the smoothness. Don't be ashamed if your monitor can only display 30 Hz, which means you should run the game at 30fps, because up until 2015, YouTube videos ran in 30fps and nobody minded.
Who dares to defy Youtube? :v Youtube is bae, the only, most popular video that is legit safe (I guess :v), So duh, besides, 30 fps is amazingly epic already, who needs 60 anyway, your eyes won't even notice much anyway, 59 fps would look like 30 fps anyway :v and 180 fps would only look like 60 anyway, so meh

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
2. Play at the lowest Chunk View Possible (4 (?))
3. Use optifine for 1.9 (Idk if it is out yet or not)
4. Decrease all the animations to decreased (If you still want to play with visual, which, we know that is not really a part of reason why we play minecraft, unless for particle effect for stupid invis :v) or to none
5. VBO On
So, You don't want to use optifine although it is free? :v fine, tips
Tried that ages ago. Didn't work. Does 1.9 have some weird new rendering system? Why is the main menu lagging?

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
You have a Lenovo laptop or desktop? Also, go ingame, hit f3 (or fn+f3 if nothing happens) and screenshot the info that pops up, and post it. It has your graphics, cpu, and memory info on the top right corner. Should look somthing like this: http://prntscr.com/aple0o
Desktop
lagging on the main menu sounds like a bug with the runtime. you have the latest java?
Well, back in the 1.8 days, I also used to lag a lot (including main menu). Updating Java did nothing to help. I finally figured it out by turning off the resource pack. However, now in 1.9, I don't have any installed. I'll try the Java, though :).

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Desktop

Well, back in the 1.8 days, I also used to lag a lot (including main menu). Updating Java did nothing to help. I finally figured it out by turning off the resource pack. However, now in 1.9, I don't have any installed. I'll try the Java, though :).
Ok
I Think i know how to ffix this
When you open the minecraft launcher, edit your minecraft player thing (bottom left corner) and choose the one you usually play and click edit profile.v
Below you can see Java Setting
On the 2nd one, check on the box (if it is already checked, then don't need to click it)
You will see something looks like this : "-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M"

See the one that is bolded, you can change the number (1, or even half as default) and you can change it to 2 [Note that, it is forcing your PC / Laptp to work hard with the RAM, i mean, if you only have 2 Ram, only make the number at max to 2, and not 4]

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Ok
I Think i know how to ffix this
When you open the minecraft launcher, edit your minecraft player thing (bottom left corner) and choose the one you usually play and click edit profile.v
Below you can see Java Setting
On the 2nd one, check on the box (if it is already checked, then don't need to click it)
You will see something looks like this : "-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M"

See the one that is bolded, you can change the number (1, or even half as default) and you can change it to 2 [Note that, it is forcing your PC / Laptp to work hard with the RAM, i mean, if you only have 2 Ram, only make the number at max to 2, and not 4]
I've allocated 3 out of 4 GB, doesn't work.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
:v odd
Try 4, lol
And try to delete some screenshot or un used and unnesesarry things on your PC / Laptop (Such as minecraft screenshot (Used to have 450 of them .-. rip laptop) Because minecraft run on memory by a lot
I doubt that will help as it didn't work when I last had a lag issue:
Well, back in the 1.8 days, I also used to lag a lot (including main menu). Updating Java did nothing to help. I finally figured it out by turning off the resource pack. However, now in 1.9, I don't have any installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom