Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 352903

I've to agree with something the CubeCraftRevolution people said

Most of the YouTubers with YT rank (at least spanish YouTubers) play 1.8.
Now I know CubeCraft is a 1.9 server, but yesterday I played 1.8 and it's actually full of people (most of them are spanish).
I think games like MinerWare and Arcade should be updated to 1.8.

DanoMC's and these other people's main complaint is that you completely forgot about 1.8. I'm not saying I fully agree with them, but I think you really should update more games to the 1.8 version.

CubeCraft's playerbase would increase if you cared more about 1.8

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, I guess they can "update" some games to 1.8
But they should also update to 1.13, if they listen to some other people
I've got an idea!
Maybe like a server IP that goes like 1.13-cubecraft.net?
And when you join 1.8, you just join the games that are available (which hopefully are more than we have now, like you suggested)
Is that something good?

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I've always agreed with more 1.8 game modes, I've suggested it quite a few times in the past myself :p the problem was for a long period of time it was completely shut down by members who didn't want it. It eventually just got tiresome arguing for 1.8... the longer it went on the less worthwhile it felt.
The other problem I see is that all the people spamming #CubecraftRevolution don't really know much about what's going on, I mean the forums have always been here and giving the players a voice is the whole intention for why the forums exist. The forums do need to advertised more in my opinion because most players just don't know what they are.

So yeah, I agree with adding more 1.8... PVP, SG as there are only PvP games that involve floating in the sky at the moment... it would be nice not to have to worry about that. Minerware maybe, maybe a 1.8 version of the arcade, I know there are games that won't be possible to create in 1.8 in the arcade but it would be nice to have a version maybe.

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
If you think about it, whenever we convert one of our games to be 1.8 compatible that's not an update rather a downgrade. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to even want a game to be downgraded to a lesser version. CubeCraft has always had 1.9 as the primary supported version. Hopefully in the future we'll update the entire network to support newer versions such as 1.13, completely dropping support for outdated versions like 1.9. Saying "update to 1.8" doesn't make any logical sense since it's a downgrade to an out-dated version. Though, the community for 1.8 certainly hasn't been forgotten as we recently added Lucky Islands to the 1.8 network.

Reactions: LanceDaniels

Tutitos

Aug 4, 2017
If you think about it, whenever we convert one of our games to be 1.8 compatible that's not an update rather a downgrade. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to even want a game to be downgraded to a lesser version. CubeCraft has always had 1.9 as the primary supported version. Hopefully in the future we'll update the entire network to support newer versions such as 1.13, completely dropping support for outdated versions like 1.9. Saying "update to 1.8" doesn't make any logical sense since it's a downgrade to an out-dated version. Though, the community for 1.8 certainly hasn't been forgotten as we recently added Lucky Islands to the 1.8 network.
the 1.9 onwards is the worst that has existed in minecraft you know that thanks to that version and the bad staff that is in the network cubecraft is dying ...

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Call it an update or a downgrade, at the end of the day there are people who still like the version of pvp :p I'm not trying to sound rude there by the way, I'm just saying what I feel. I see 1.8 as a different game in a way rather than a different version, it's a completely different meta pvp wise at least.
the 1.9 onwards is the worst that has existed in minecraft you know that thanks to that version and the bad staff that is in the network cubecraft is dying ...
Everyone has a preference and opinion dude, you have to respect that. Wether you like 1.8 pvp or 1.9, it's just a preference. And the staff aren't anywhere near bad, something just needs to be brought to make a community inclusion again. Not sure what that could be but

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Call it an update or a downgrade, at the end of the day there are people who still like the version of pvp :p I'm not trying to sound rude there by the way, I'm just saying what I feel. I see 1.8 as a different game in a way rather than a different version, it's a completely different meta pvp wise at least.

Everyone has a preference and opinion dude, you have to respect that. Wether you like 1.8 pvp or 1.9, it's just a preference. And the staff aren't anywhere near bad, something just needs to be brought to make a community inclusion again. Not sure what that could be but

They changed the PvP system with a valid reason. I, personally, hope that CubeCraft drops support for all out-dated versions 1.8, 1.9, 1.10 etc, eventually updating to the latest versions 1.13+ as these are the ones supported by the game developers.

I don't agree with keeping 1.8 support, it's an out-dated version that will never have new content added. The new content of future versions (1.13+) will allow CubeCraft to be more creative with our updates, new games, and things we can do to make the network more fun. Take the Elytra for example, there are countless games we could create using the Elytra mechanics which simply could not function on out-dated versions such as 1.8. Updating to new versions allows for more creativity and more options in the future.

I feel it's kinda silly to want to play on an out-dated version of a video game that'll never see new content or support from the game development studio. The fast majority of our player base also comes solely from the 1.9+ network. Though, even considering that 1.8 is an out-dated version, we have added support for 1.8 on some of our games such as BlockWars.

Reactions: LanceDaniels

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
I agree with the silliness, and that's it's pretty lame to do this. But we've gotta think about what our players want. And it's clear the majority of the online Minecraft prefer 1.8. That's just how it is. So I wouldn't call it a downgrade, but neither an upgrade. This is just giving back what we took from them. Nothing more.

CubeCraft has been primarily a 1.9 version network for the people who enjoy the new 1.9 mechanics. CubeCraft isn't known for being a 1.8 network, it shouldn't be either. That's not what we were established to be. There's a lot more potential for CubeCraft to develop on newer versions than older ones.

Reactions: KellyBoo

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
CubeCraft has been primarily a 1.9 version network for the people who enjoy the new 1.9 mechanics. CubeCraft isn't known for being a 1.8 network, it shouldn't be either. That's not what CubeCraft was established to be and . There's a lot more potential for CubeCraft to develop on newer versions than older ones.
Cubecraft was actually a lot more known before 1.9 :) I know that was a lot time ago now but... " Cubecraft being known for 1.9" hasn't always been the case. Obviously it's the case now but with also the steady decline... I'm not saying 1.8 would save that but removing 1.8 wouldn't exactly help anything either, all it would do is possible remove 1/3 of the current player population.
I've always liked both versions of Pvp and that's what this discussion is about at the end of the day, preference of pvp and like I said and what we are witnessing is people still do enjoy the version of pvp. It is obvious that 1.13 has more mechanics, it's the pvp version that is the point at the end of the day.
And calling it silly to play an outdated version of a game isn't exactly point, people always play older games and in some cases hate the later versions of the same games and do end up playing the versions they like wether it's old or not.
It's like... just because Pokemon releases a new game it doesn't mean the older games were bad or unplayable or there was anything wrong with them, they may have some outdated functions but it's not sickening to go back and play them, the same with games like Cod. I know I'm going off now onto different games but... I like Pokemon, actually haven't played it in a while though :?

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
1.8/1.7 PvP has always been my favourite style of PvP but it's honestly not worth fighting for anymore. 1.9 Dominates CubeCraft and always will.

Anthoony

Oct 6, 2017
Ecuador
In this they have, reason should update some games so that players of the 1.8 are more entertained by other games, and by the theme of 1.9 - 1.11 -1.12 - 1.13 it is true that CubeCraft Domine in those versions, should update some games in the 1.8 watch remember, do not abandon the 1.8 I always play and I love the 1.8 more than the recent verions.

Reactions: _MrAnthonyTV_

KellyBoo

Sep 2, 2015
Ibiza, Spain
Exactly.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom