Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've never done this before so I'm kinda noob haha, but how do you play a 1.8 skywars game on Cubecraft? I wanna give it a go, thanks. :p

D

Deleted member 309509

In 1.8 all you need to do is aim and spam click, i personally like to combo with a rod but that's up to you.
You don't need to break your mouse.
There are many hackers.
Most of the times, in 1.8 is op and no projectile.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Just connect to the server with a 1.8 client and play skywars as you would in 1.9, only difference being no shields and good hits don't need to be waited for.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
7c3dc4aeb4581d3d3933a88f31399003.jpg

Reactions: Lilleh__

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
But I all seriousness here is a guide I wrote for someone else.

There are 3 main steps to having fun in 1.8.
Step 1, play on a hardcore server, not any specific gamemode just a really sweaty server. Aka anything aside from CubeCraft, overhyped sickle and mineplex, generally avoid minigames servers. I personally recommend badlion, granted it is 1.7 but the 2 versions are pretty similar. But the main pros of badlion are the large amount of players and quick lobbies. I also recommend if you do badlion that you play UHC meetup. You ussually can fight someone every 30 seconds and even more if you get kills. The fights ussually last around 30 seconds as well.
2. Play on that server until your kd is above 0.75. I am not talking about overall kd all I am talking about is until you consistently get kills. I am not dissing you, I don't think I have a positive kd on badlion. You may die over and over again and get mad, the important part is you are improving. I make the mistake of getting mad myself, many people do, but as a friend told me learning from your mistakes ultimately makes you better, think about what you did wrong rather than saying "stupid game", don't blame the game blame yourself (unless the opponent is cheating).
3. Play whatever fun gamemode you want to, this could be BedWars, skywars, eggwars 1.8 or just anything you actually find fun. If you followed the steps above then you should be able to destroy 60% of players (the other 39% are cheaters). Have fun destroying everyone, if you find the game getting too easy or repetitive play something else more challenging. Or you can always keep playing against sweaty minemen on badlion if you would like.

Tips:
Play very aggressive. Players on hypixel all the time say this word called "gamesense" which translates into English to "playing like a pussy". While playing like this may pay off in the short run, it certainly isn't going to get you better at the game. Don't play too aggressively however, if you are at half health, don't go charge a team of 2 people, you should be smart enough.

Set up your inventory, as I've seen on eggwars and skywars setting up the hotbar is not very important, you have what, a pickaxe, food, sword, blocks and healing maybe a pearl. However in build UHC kits, you have swords, blocks, 2 types of healing, lava, water, a bow and the fishing rod. Some things are clearly more important than others but all should be used, I'm assuming you keep your sword in 1? I am going to go down a general priority list of items, depending on your playstyle you may obviously want more things in different places.
Tier 1(couldn't think of creative names):
These are the most important, you switch between all the time in dire situations.
Sword and fishing rod. Keep these in slots 1-3, I find slots 1 for sword and 3 for rod works best for me; my middle finger on W gets in the way of the 2 button I find. If you decide to not have rod in 1 - 3 I recommend either 9 and scroll or to use a different button to hotkey.
Tier 2:
More important items that might be very useful.
Blocks and water.
Pretty self explanatory. I recommend having these as close to 1 as possible, water in case you get set on fire an blocks to block off liquids or to just get around normally.
Tier 3:
Everything else.
Lava and healing. It's definitely important to have these convenient but it's usually not necessary to be absolutely quick about it.
Pretty self explanatory.
Bow can go anywhere lol.
So what is my set up?
1 - Sword
2 - Blocks
3 - Fishing rod
4 - Bow
5 - Lava
R - Water (I press R to go to 6th slot).
7 - Golden Heads
F - Lava
9 - Golden Apples

Sorry that last section was long, onto how to use the rod.
It's pretty simple,
1, hit enemy with rod
2, enemy gets hit back and up a bit
3, because they get hit upwards they have to look down to hit you. Because of this, their hits are slightly shorter.

Rods let you get the first hit if used properly. I highly advise not to rod spam, still play aggressive, if you miss a rod running back a bit may let them get free hits on you, charge onwards.

That's all I can think of for now, ask me any questions if you need to, I'm going to go back and finish building my teleporter.

Top Bottom