Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What PVP system is better?

• Total voters

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
We all know that during the 1.9 update, something big was going to happen. That was the combat system. Now this is my opinion, but I think this was a good step for Minecraft! For one it gave a big boost for CubeCraft! Not only that, but 1.9 PVP system requires skill other than rapid fire! Still, I do like me some 1.8 PVP. It is a little bit confusing when a wooden axe can be more powerful than a diamond sword. I can also get my fingers there exercise! Alot of servers still use the 1.8 PVP system, but I'm glad that CubeCraft decided to keep its main system as 1.9! In my opinion, 1.9 PVP is better! What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Stealthops19

Feb 17, 2017
Merica
I actually like 1.8 better. Im more of a type of a mouse spammer. Im probably the only one who gets mad when they have to wait for the stupid cool down. Not only has 1.9 gotten confusing but it has added more numbers and stuff. As you said in your post ChillyTree "It is a little bit confusing when a wooden axe can be more powerful than a diamond sword". That proves my point actually, pardon my language but how the hell can a Wooden axe beat a Diamond sword. Well of course you knock them off the island or something. Overall, even though I'm a 1.8 lover and a 1.9 hater, its good that this server actually moved on. It brought up new game ideas like Tower Defense and such! Im pretty sure I have heard of a plugin that allows 1.9 to have 1.8 pvp ,so im looking forward to see that coming soon.

Better for the server = 1.9
The One that I actually like = 1.8

~Steal

Reactions: ChillyTree

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
I love the 1.9 combat system much more because of the skill it requires compared to simply spam clicking a sword hoping you hit someone and kill them. Since you now have to time your swings, if you miss, you die, which adds a bit of risk to PvP now. I just find it more enjoyable, and I love that Cubecraft is going forward with Minecraft! Although that's just my opinion :)
wI4XJ5sINJcQvPueNnrtFq3sPMmNKwrkmWzjw3mFE0Cu9Q33u3kr4afqqHFeJnMF_mRZYZuTyOuYKC8Y37wJQvybK04JdyGvy5MhrttCNn4Hp2Klnu4B52lgKJm8z0oujlFWQvi0

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
If I must explain why yes
It is that 1.9 requires more skill instead of just spam cli...
okay yeah I like it because It firstly makes more logical sense and that is a lot for a game in my opinion especially where a mineral as heady as gold being able to float mid-air
I also just have a reasonable chance in PvP since it feels better not to spam click like that (mind you I use a track pad)

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
A wooden axe isnt more powerful than a diamont sword. Woodenaxe 7 attack damage And diamont sword 7 attack damage And beat 2 times faster. A stone axe can be more powerful.

I like more 1.9, I know @Moooofin you are a 1.8 pvp'er And one of the best of all of cubecraft. But the 1.9 is a lot better. The most people think that they Will lose their skills, But that isnt true. By 1.9 you must to have more skills, By 1.8 If you are attacking And he doesnt see, you win automatically.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I like both really, it's not a matter of one needs more skill than the other because they both require completely different kinds of skill.

1.9 may be considered " more skilful" because you have to take more consideration to time your hits. 1.8 though I feel was a very secondary based version, you didn't have to time how fast you clicked but when you take in using rods, flint and steel and pot PVP those where a few things that did require very good timing to give you an advantage over the other player.

I think I will always prefer 1.8 PVP over 1.9 even though I play 1.9 a lot more. Something about the way you can combo in 1.8 just seems so much more free and fun. There are different ways of getting a combo rather than straight up hitting someone with a sword.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
Sorry but 1.8 getting older, spam click that is really be boring but to each his opinion! :o
1.9 pvp is enjoying increasing popularity and people who play more! But all they own opinion, 1.9 remains in my opinion really much more fun.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
1.8 is just spamming and almost everyone is good in 1.8 because the lack of skill is pretty low. (except rodding that stuff)

!.9 is harder to learn because when it was released, I got confused that people kill me so fast.

If 1.8 is all about spamming and that makes everyone good, why don't you play me ;).

L

Lepzi

I used to hate 1.9, but after a while I started liking it and getting better I used to love 1.8 but now not as much as 1.9.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
As i've said many times, I consider 1.9 PvP "Friendlier" to players. 1.8 was a matter of who got the combo first. I'm not saying you can't get consistent comboes in 1.9, but it can be easily countered, and you don't get as much hits on a player. I loved shredding players with comboes which had 15-20 hits consistent in 1.8, but the change was necessary. They did it mainly to acquire more audience. After all, Microsoft didn't buy Mojang for the fame.

One of the things they forgot about the change to 1.9 PvP was fishing rods - They don't work the same anymore and they are useless in combat. And the fact that it takes the place of more useful items such as swords,blocks,tools and armor.

1.8's combat system was super competent. There were TryHards everywhere, wrecking any player who wasn't competent enough. 1.9 made sure that every player had a chance.

There were styles of clicking, for example jitterclicking,hitterclicking(though it wasn't possible)and butterfly clicking... Some people loved to keep their sensitivities low in order to keep the combo going... it was just complicated. In fact, Minecraft's PvP aspect was something made by the players, and never intended by the creators of the game.

Minecraft was supposed to be a open-world sandbox game. It would help players show what's on their mind and present their creativity. PvP was not touched upon until 1.7. where the knockback was changed a tad. 1.9 had brought the new changes.

I would take 1.8 over 1.9 any day, but 1.9 is the PvP mode that is going to takeover someday.

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
As i've said many times, I consider 1.9 PvP "Friendlier" to players. 1.8 was a matter of who got the combo first. I'm not saying you can't get consistent comboes in 1.9, but it can be easily countered, and you don't get as much hits on a player. I loved shredding players with comboes which had 15-20 hits consistent in 1.8, but the change was necessary. They did it mainly to acquire more audience. After all, Microsoft didn't buy Mojang for the fame.

One of the things they forgot about the change to 1.9 PvP was fishing rods - They don't work the same anymore and they are useless in combat. And the fact that it takes the place of more useful items such as swords,blocks,tools and armor.

1.8's combat system was super competent. There were TryHards everywhere, wrecking any player who wasn't competent enough. 1.9 made sure that every player had a chance.

There were styles of clicking, for example jitterclicking,hitterclicking(though it wasn't possible)and butterfly clicking... Some people loved to keep their sensitivities low in order to keep the combo going... it was just complicated. In fact, Minecraft's PvP aspect was something made by the players, and never intended by the creators of the game.

Minecraft was supposed to be a open-world sandbox game. It would help players show what's on their mind and present their creativity. PvP was not touched upon until 1.7. where the knockback was changed a tad. 1.9 had brought the new changes.

I would take 1.8 over 1.9 any day, but 1.9 is the PvP mode that is going to takeover someday.
Well said. 1.8 does have its ups and downs. I do miss the fishing rods, and I hope in future updates that the 1.9 combat system will make them more valuable!

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
1.9 easily. People make the mistake of saying "1.8 requires more skill" simply because there are more players in 1.8 who are good. The pvp itself requires little skill, its just that you are more likely to fight players who are good at 1.8 which is why some people THINK 1.8 requires more skill when it doesn't.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
At this point, I'm practically face palming myself to death. Personally I never really liked these kind of threads, but you do you.

1.9 easily. People make the mistake of saying "1.8 requires more skill" simply because there are more players in 1.8 who are good. The pvp itself requires little skill, its just that you are more likely to fight players who are good at 1.8 which is why some people THINK 1.8 requires more skill when it doesn't.

Hardly an argument. If it was the other way around, then according to your logic, I can say, "People make the mistake of saying '1.9 requires more skill."

~

I get it, it's your opinion, but the fact that people say 1.8 is all about spam clicking, makes the argument overused and annoying. I can say 1.9 is all about hoping to hit your enemy while charging up your weapon, but then would my statement make a good argument?

What matters most in PvP is aim, that's all there is to it. You can strafe all you want, you can crit all you want, but if you can't aim, it doesn't matter. There's hardly a difference in 1.9 and 1.8. So don't bother saying one another requires more skills.

For those who care: I've recently been getting into 1.9, before I spent a lot of time playing 1.8. My aim is better than most, so I would say I'm equally good in both gamemodes.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom