Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What PVP system is better?

• Total voters

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Neither requires skill and a pinger always wins in both versions . 1.9 just takes time to learn , but its a waste of potential. They couldve easily added spears , clubs shotswords etc

D

Deleted member 324613

This is a pointless debate and just riles people up for no good reason.

Anyway, we all know 1.7 is for competitive pros cause i can get 50000 cps on my jitterclick and rekt kids and every version after it sux thats when minecraft waz ruined. /s xD

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I like 1.9 PvP better
To say 1.9 requires more skill than 1.8 is false in my opinion as I was average in 1.8, while I'm (if I may say so) a skilled 1.9 PvP'er. The problem really is that you have to define 'skill'. I play Minecraft for around 5 years now, so you can say that I have a lot more 1.8 PvP game-time than 1.9 Still I'm better at 1.9 PvP. The thing is that they both need different kinds of skill. 1.8 PvP is more about agility and timing (that might seem strange with the 1.9 combat system requiring timing), while 1.9 is more about tactics. 1.8 you can't afford to back of for a sec and think about what you are going to do next, it requires a lot more of muscle memory and timing. In 1.9 however, you can back of for a second, think about your next move (like placing lava, using your bow, blocking with a shield etc.), making it a game about tactics.

I do have to admit that 1.9 has more depth to it. You have shields to block attacks (blocking with your sword in 1.8 was rather useless), you have food with different kinds of properties, axe vs sword the whole discussion what to do with your off-hand etc.
1.8 has some of those things like roding and lava/flint and steal, but the mechanics don't allow new players to experiment with them without being slaughtered.

The only thing I dislike about 1.9 PvP is eating. You can just eat a golden apple and be full health again, making overpowered, full diamond fights quite boring.

One final thing: An axe does more damage does NOT have a higher DPS (damage per second)!

StrafeMaster

Novice Member
Jun 9, 2017
We all know that during the 1.9 update, something big was going to happen. That was the combat system. Now this is my opinion, but I think this was a good step for Minecraft! For one it gave a big boost for CubeCraft! Not only that, but 1.9 PVP system requires skill other than rapid fire! Still, I do like me some 1.8 PVP. It is a little bit confusing when a wooden axe can be more powerful than a diamond sword. I can also get my fingers there exercise! Alot of servers still use the 1.8 PVP system, but I'm glad that CubeCraft decided to keep its main system as 1.9! In my opinion, 1.9 PVP is better! What do you guys think?
Sorry but I disagree XD I love the 1.8.9 pvp system and I hate the 1.9 because of the delay in pvp. While this tests aim better i hat it cos I cant win XD

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
1.9 is better,
  • Axes have a purpose
  • Bows can actually be effective
  • Strafing is more doable and effective making it more interesting instead of a spam click war
  • I can pwn noobs that can't 1.9 xD
  • Makes games such as SkyWars and EggWars not as knockback driven
  • Hackers are not AS unkillable
  • Critting now has a purpose
  • Golden apples are useful now, used to be just eat one right before a fight now you can eat them mid fight (could be a con I guess)
  • Where food is there is healing between fights, less killing someone at low hp
Here are some cons with 1.9
  • TOverpowered gamemode's pvp can take REALLY long
  • Strength II with fist is better than a normal diamond sword without it.
  • More running away
  • More time for a 1v1 to turn into a 1v1v1 on pvp game modes
That is about all I can think of tell me if I missed anything :D

Spookrijder1

Apr 6, 2016
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
635935373668209930949833_Girl-Meme-Face-Hand-21.png
When you're too late to get ur hands on your friends camera.

PattyHitsNubs

Sep 26, 2019
sorry for necro in advance
I personally think they are around equal, but I do miss the action of 1.8 pvp. I still play it to this day over 1.9, but that's because 1.9 is so slow.
Pros for 1.8:
Much more skill required(in terms of rodding, potting, strafing, clicking, many more)
Fast paced and very satisfying when you get a nice combo on someone else
Axes aren't insanely OP

Pros for 1.9:
Less skill required, but in different areas, much more easy to pick up( Timing, using different weapons at different times, shields, bowing, etc.)
Better for a permanent system
Axes are actually useful now

1.9 would be so much better if they brought back the satisfying combos and fast pace that keeps me in 1.8 to this day imo

Reactions: MadBadJK

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
Personally, I don't have a favorite when it comes to the two systems, I like them both. However, I must say, I am liking the combat test snapshot a lot better than the two. The combat test snapshot combines the two combat systems and makes it work imo... you can spam click without your hits doing less damage, but you also have to time your attacks and weapons.

Btw, to all you saying in the comments that 1.9 is better than 1.8 and vice versa, that's not the case. Comparing 1.8 to 1.9 is basically comparing Hershey's to Reeses; sure they are both chocolate, but they both are unique from each other. The two combat systems have their own skill sets and gaps. 1.9 is more about timing your hits and being patient during battles while 1.8 is more about fast reactions and being able to hit first. The only flaw I can see in these two is that they are two different combat systems, which caused The Major Split. That's why I said that I prefer the combat test snapshot better than the two... because it has the best of both worlds.

AceGodz

Oct 15, 2019
adding the cooldown timer was just a bandaid fix to try and improve the pvp. combos in 1.8 were highly dependent on ping and not really a true "mechanic"

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom