Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe

🏗️ TD Bug / Balance Update ⚖️

The suggestions in this thread are primarily to fix / balance the stuff that went wrong in the previous TD update.

🗼 Towers

The Ice Tower got her by the description promised "Ice Damage". However, it seems like something went wrong with the coding. The intended damage was meant to be dealt once per tower. So to clarify, with the current 4 damage output, 5 Ice Towers would do a maximum and total damage of 20. In their current state, the Ice Towers have no limit and deal 4 damage per second. This results for people being able to execute new tactics such as Ice Tower spam which defends any amount of waves consisting of Blaze III.

TLDR: Ice Towers now deal 4 dps, the towers are not supposed to hit the troops more than once per tower.
As you might know, the difference between Path I and II of the Sorcerer Tower is supposed to be at the amount of troops it attacks. I believe the point at which Path I starts to be more effective than Path II is at 3-5 troops. To be safe my suggestion is gonna be based upon 3 troops.

Changes to Sorcerer Path II
Level III & IV:
Damage per animal: 10
Fire Rate (in seconds): 2

These statistics are changed for both levels because the real difference between them is the animal counts which goes from 3 to 4.
In the update only the coin cost was updated but nothing was yet done for the damage output
1622801725757.png

Here's the changes which I suggest, iirc I have been told that the chain damage of the first path is calculated from the first hit. That's why I put the numbers of them between "Cumulative" and "Damage".
I researched this a long time ago so I can't give exact numbers. Though back then it appeared Quake Level IV had less stun and damage than Quake Level III. This was caused by a mistake in Fire Rate and Cooldown. Cooldown? Yes, the Quake Tower appears to have two different factors that influence how often the tower hits the troops. The cooldown here messes things up. I recommend the devs to look at these numbers.

🐛 Bugs

Previous update included a new feature which allowed you to mess around with your hotbar slots. However, the saving of your set up doesn't work like it should.
1622802334955.png

This was removed due to an infinite win bug but never brought back.
Since the health of Giants was updated, we noticed the Giant's health is capped at 9999. This causes Giant Level III to be the best version you can get.
Since last update, the Inferno suddenly started to accept player's stacking their damage. Inferno's already have an insane damage output, making them stack breaks the game.

🗺️ Maps

When following this link, 3 schematics can be found. A new track has been crafted for Oceana to replace the current one, which is one of the most hated among TD players. For Farm and Dwarven I fixed some imbalanced tower spots and track parts which caused troops to get stuck. For Farm I want to add that the gates need to be slightly widened and heightened to fix certain aerial troops getting stuck.

Note: for Dwarven only one side is in the schematic, the other can be mirrored and the blocks replaced to fit the theme.

Last edited:

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Finally, someone with clout in the TD community made a detailed thread about this. I strongly agree:agree:!

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Shotgun,

We have had a very in depth discussion about your suggestion with everyone involved in the server team. We have come to the conclusion to mark your suggestion as denied for now.

We are worried about promising things that might never end up happening. When talking about your suggestion, we definitely felt like this would be something we should eventually do, if there is time for this. Currently, our focus lies on updates that will retain our players or bring new people to our server. Unfortunately, we are afraid that your suggestion will not reward the server with enough of both, especially seen the other plans we have.

Like we previously mentioned, we do want to implement your suggestion eventually, but we can't make any promises. If we decide to create an update that fits well with your suggestion, we will try to take it into account and implement it, but this is likely not in the foreseeable future.

As for the bug part, we are aware of all these bugs. Bugs are handled different within the team compared to game updates, as we continuously try to fix them. Our bug board is based on different priorities, so it can take a while before these bugs are fixed, depening on the urgency of it.

We are sorry to disappoint you with our message, but we hope that this does not discourage you from interacting with our platforms and from creating suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom