Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
🧑‍🌾 Farm Improvements ⚒️
I designed the track of the Tower Defence map Farm over a year ago and as with all creations, there's some bugs and room for improvement. In this thread I'd like to address 2 bugs and share a schematic file with various tower spot improvements.

Caste Guards' Line of Sight
Grounded troops damaging the Castle are most of the time in a blind spot for the Castle Guards, this highly affects your chance of surviving or winning. Therefore it's fairly important that the current Castle Guard design gets adjusted or replaced with a new one.
Castle Guards' Line of Sight.png

Spot Improvements
Below you can find screenshots of the current Farm map, the adjusted version with the changed parts marked and a complete adjusted version. I'll explain the improvements made using alphabetical reference also seen in the marked screenshot.

A. The added 3x3 spots will make it easier to fit in the 4 towers of the standard "start of the track defence" (Ice, Quake, Mage, Poison)
B. Those removed spots will contribute to a more balanced front/back row spot ratio
C. The previous 5x5 spots looked dull and didn't allow much strategising with Ice, Mage and Quake. The new 3x3 spots will be perfect for towers such as Ice, Mage and Quake
D. The added spots will contribute to a more balanced front/back row spot ratio
E. This change will both help with the 5x5/3x3 ratio and front/back spot ratio. It allows for slightly more back row 3x3 towers to be placed.
F. This change makes strategising and tower placements more important and interesting
G. The adjusted Castle Guard spot size helps with an improved Line of Sight. The removed 5x5 spots and new unique 3x3 spots make the close to Castle defence much more interesting
H. Adjusted Castle Guard as mentioned at "G.". The old 5x5 spot has been moved for better potential and one has been added to make sure the row fits and looks clean

Farm Changes.png
Improved Farm.png
Farm Original #2.png

Farm Original #1.png

The adjusted track fits 98% in the current map and can be replaced with minimal effort, it can be downloaded here.
Please react with :agree:Agree if you think these improvements should be implemented. If you don't and react with :disagree:Disagree, please explain your reason in the comments below.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I definitely agree! As I'm not too familiar with tower defense, I'd love to know about why there are spots behind the guard for sector G marked in the picture. I can't think of any map that has those spots right now as 3x3's? might be wrong as I'm a tower defense dummy

Reactions: Shotgun

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
I definitely agree! As I'm not too familiar with tower defense, I'd love to know about why there are spots behind the guard for sector G marked in the picture. I can't think of any map that has those spots right now as 3x3's? might be wrong as I'm a tower defense dummy
That indeed hasn't been done before, The end of the track definitely lacked back row spots, I wanted to implement a few and due to the map already existing, it limited my options in a way. This was both a good solution plus a unique addition that makes the track just a bit more interesting and fun to play on!

tbh i think the split should be removed as most people dont like the split, if the split was removed the track would be shorter so more towers can be added behidn the 1 row spots
If Team CubeCraft does decide to mark this thread as planned or implement it in the future, we could have a poll for this. However, it does require Team CubeCraft to do more designing on their end as removing a part of the track leaves undesigned spots behind and might mess with the overall look of the map.

I did mess around a bit already and made two "no split" versions shown in the spoiler below. Let me know what you think!
A standard option and one designed for a pond below the bridge with floating spots.
Farm no Split #1.png
Farm no Split #2.png

Reactions: Blom

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
That indeed hasn't been done before, The end of the track definitely lacked back row spots, I wanted to implement a few and due to the map already existing, it limited my options in a way. This was both a good solution plus a unique addition that makes the track just a bit more interesting and fun to play on!

If Team CubeCraft does decide to mark this thread as planned or implement it in the future, we could have a poll for this. However, it does require Team CubeCraft to do more designing on their end as removing a part of the track leaves undesigned spots behind and might mess with the overall look of the map.

I did mess around a bit already and made two "no split" versions shown in the spoiler below. Let me know what you think!
A standard option and one designed for a pond below the bridge with floating spots.
View attachment 209622View attachment 209623
third one looks good, with more spots behind the middle part imo

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom