1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ϲопcernɩռɡ Ʀandom Unɩᴄoᑯ℮ Ꮪyмbᴑls (New and rational idea)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OddBean14, Jun 19, 2016.

?

What are your thoughts on this?

1. I agree that this would be a good idea

2. I think it might work, but I do not really care

3. I do not like this idea (Explain why, or your vote is pointless)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

Hello CubeCrafters, you might have seen my other thread called Ϲопcernɩռɡ Ʀandom Unɩᴄoᑯ℮ Ꮪyмbᴑls, and you might have found it annoying (but really, make a rational argument next time), but here is my new idea that CubeCraft staff might like:

My idea is: That with the purchase of a certain level rank, you would be able to use random and useful Unicode symbols alike, besides for the basic keyboard.

This would work for CubeCraft, because people like me might be more inclined to buy a rank, it would work for people like me who like using random Unicode symbols, as long as we have a few dollars to spare, and it would work for the people who find any Unicode symbol besides for the basic keyboard annoying (I honestly cannot understand why), because not everyone would be using them.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    I don't find this necessary at all, we don't need Unicode symbols...

3. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

Letters, numbers, and basic keyboard symbols like A, B, 1, 2, period, comma, and question mark are ALL Unicode symbols, so saying that "We do not need Unicode symbols" is saying that we do not need those.

4. Snodia

Snodia Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

I feel that things that are on the basic keyboard are enough for chat. I don't think that any player needs special permissions to bypass a filter that is in place and be able to copy and paste or somehow put something that isn't on the basic keyboard into the minecraft chat box.

TheZigbot9000 likes this.
  5. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

Some symbols on the basic keyboard like ` or | are rarely ever used, and some Unicode symbols could be quite useful.

I mean CubeCraft could at least include symbols like the british pound sign. :p

6. Snodia

Snodia Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

The point of some/most unicode being blocked in the first place is because players would use it to spam. Yes, I know it's just as easy to spam with basic random letters or numbers on the keyboard but you can't rightfully block the basic letters and numbers because they are used to create words. With which you can use to communicate with others on the server. I've only seen a rare few that even really care about unicode that isn't accessible via the basic keyboard. So, I still don't think that chat permissions need to be altered so that the non-basic unicode can be used. Also, to me, most unicode looks weird and unreadable anyways.

7. ͘L͘yz

͘L͘yz Member

Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
  8. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

Well, you do have a point about other Unicode symbols looking weird in Minecraft, but even if only a few people care, CubeCraft would be able to make a little extra money (I would be much more inclined to buy a rank if I could use any Unicode symbol supported by Minecraft then), and, as far as spamming, CubeCraft already has filters in place to prevent spamming.

9. ͘L͘yz

͘L͘yz Member

Yes unicode symbols, would be very nice, no one will get offended right?

*sarcasm level over 9000* do you really think ccg cares if you are gonna buy a rank or not? + the vord "cape" is blocked, no problems right?

but vhen unicode symbols come in this happends
    ᑕᗩᑭᕮ

see?

10. A Christmas Hangar

A Christmas Hangar Member

Home Page:
    Ask this to Mojang :p. As far as I know, Minecraft does not allow UNICODE

11. Buuuddy

Buuuddy Member

You can use them in single-player worlds so Mojang does allow it. Cubecraft doesn't.

12. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT BASIC KEYBOARD SYMBOLS LIKE A, B, 1, 2, COLON, PERIOD, AND QUESTION MARK ARE UNICODE?!!!??
    Besides, WHY WOULD I BE MAKING THIS THREAD IF THEY WERE NOT?!!!?? YOU THINK THAT I AM STUPID OR SOMETHING?!!!??

13. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

I have already said that PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE WORDS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED WILL FIND A WAY TO DO IT ANYWAY!!!!

BTW, I think you meant "cape is not allowed" as a hypothetical. Please make things like this clear next time. Also, are you German or something? Please learn English; V and W are not interchangeable.

14. Buuuddy

Buuuddy Member

As long as people do not use inappropriate language, you shouldn't judge them on their grammar.

Then why are you complaining? You can already use unicodes, but not all of them.
    Trollface_emoticon.png
    You probably want to use these things: (◕︵◕) ┐(‘~`;)┌ or just 60$, 50€ etc.
    I don't see the point of removing those smileys ( ^ ) from the chat filter as they are not necessary. In my opinion, those smileys just annoy me most of the time...
    If someone asks you something like: 'How much does this cost? How much does that cost?', you could easily change the $ / € symbol to letters. ( dollar and euro )

15. YounB

YounB Mod Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If you allow unicodes, not only will the chat be filled with useless stuff, it will make it look more messy.

16. zRinne

zRinne Mod Staff Member Moderator

NEET
    Home Page:
    It will also make chatting unnecessarily hard to read. Your header for example.

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    People would spam random emojis in the chat, and would make it very unreadable, amking this very useless.

18. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

Shut the hell up. I do not care if people use swear words, as long as they use grammar.

In my opinion, anything you say just annoys me most of the time, so maybe anything you say should be censored.
    My Idea involves people with high enough ranksbeing able to use Unicode symbols not included on the basic keyboard, so you would not be annoyed all the time from people using them (even though some Unicode symbols not included on the basic keyboard are much more useful than some that are, like, what does anyone use ` or | for?), because fewer than half of the people on CubeCraft have ranks, and fewer than half of the people who do would probably even use random Unicode symbols most of the time.

19. ͘L͘yz

͘L͘yz Member

Could you please respect the forum rules. No = no.

Why is this not locked yet?

20. OddBean14

OddBean14 Member

I can spam random emojis in the chat anyway, like
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.