• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
If one of them break the rules, players won't know who they are and though we could check, they might change their name to something else before we do.
There are many other reasons but .
I think it (don't want to label you sorry) thinks that YouTubers should get some sort of /nick <Hi>. I think this would be nice.

Jan 13, 2017
I think it could be a really good idea but it should be for certain YouTubers that actually need it when people target them and the developers could include a code that will still put the tag of "YouTuber" and there real IGN for high level staff so it will solve your problem @zRinne .

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
As mentioned by @zRinne YouTubers will be able to change their name which makes them able to avoid punishments as we do not know their real ign if they change it.

This will not be implemented as how you currently suggested it due to the reason stated above.

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Ok i see what the mods are saying but what about this so let's say Stampylongnose was on cubecraft and he had been using ign disscuise and that Ign had been reported for hacking or bad language BUT what if when you do the reports if you report that person and it's vaild and they're caught and let's say stampy used my name and hacked the next time he'd try to use the disscuse it would say you've been suspected of hacks so you may no longer use ign disscuser if you feel this is wrong please contact (add some link here)

and then this message for me (since he used my name and I might of hacked)

your account has been suspected of hacking but a YouTuber with disscuise has also used your name we aren't going to ban you but if you are reported again you will be banned

sorry staff for spam but i feel like maybe if you say no again I promise I'll stop but I feel like it needed to be said.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
With great power comes great responsibilities.
Sometimes a person can change a little/drastically depending on what kind of abilities/privileges they receive.
I mean I do get it, I like pete and I know he's a fun person and wouldn't do something bad but that doesn't rule out the possibility of someone who may abuse.

That seems like a lot of things to go through @KitKatkels17 and as you know, we wouldn't risk punishing an innocent player so that suggestion isn't really the best (don't think this would work) but I see your point.

Conclusion:
I don't think they would have /nick or /d player - too much risk involved.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
If one of them break the rules, players won't know who they are and though we could check, they might change their name to something else before we do.
There are many other reasons but .
I don't think that this /nick thing is a good idea, but I feel like what you mentioned would be an easy problem to solve. Just save the names used by youtubers in a database and if someone reports them look up the actual player. They shouldn't be allowed to use existing players names anyway so there shouldn't be confusion.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I don't think that this /nick thing is a good idea, but I feel like what you mentioned would be an easy problem to solve. Just save the names used by youtubers in a database and if someone reports them look up the actual player. They shouldn't be allowed to use existing players names anyway so there shouldn't be confusion.

That is one solution however, it's going to inconvenience the community if there is one who abuse as it'll take some time before they are caught.
Honestly imo I think there's more of a - than a + with this suggestion.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
With great power comes great responsibilities.
Sometimes a person can change a little/drastically depending on what kind of abilities/privileges they receive.
I mean I do get it, I like pete and I know he's a fun person and wouldn't do something bad but that doesn't rule out the possibility of someone who may abuse.

That seems like a lot of things to go through @KitKatkels17 and as you know, we wouldn't risk punishing an innocent player so that suggestion isn't really the best (don't think this would work) but I see your point.

Conclusion:
I don't think they would have /nick or /d player - too much risk involved.

Thanks for the feed back I see what you're saying and I'll leave this article alone and I am sorry for being repetative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Sorry that i am late but Happy Birthday!! 🎈
BicolourSine41 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom