Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think that mental health issues get overlooked on the server?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 347571

I usually don't post anything serious stuff anymore but i want to point something out. I think it's a really important aspect and overlooked in a lot of situations. I won't type an entire bible because i know nobody cares!

Mental health is really important especially if you care a lot about your time online hence is why i'm writing this so cubecraft could possibly improve this in the future. There is a thread made about it even though it feels like the server doesn't care about it.

I'll give an example, some people probably who i'm talking about and some won't so i'll call him X. X got network-banned for making a huge mistake, for me that's normal since he did something wrong but then you're expecting that the staff-members will remove X even though they're his best-friends. What happeend to "Stay in touch with people - Discord, friends, family, parents." Everyone deserves to get help from their friends, it doesn't matter what you did at this point. When this happened i had to stay awake until 5 AM to make sure he wasn't going to do anything stupid. It's not like cube is offering these people help, you're just putting them in a black hole, you don't have to agree with me but if someone in this situation would kill themself then you'd probably change your mind in less than a minute and as i said EVERYONE deserves the help they need.

The community is also playing a big part in this, the insane amount of alts trying to harm others (doxxing, catfishing or bullying) is disappointing.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Tbh you got a bit of a point. I think it would be fair to ask of staff that they avoid talking about how they’re such great friends with network banned players since like who knows what they did and since like staff are supposed to be rolemodels for the community it’d be a bit weird for them to start talking about how person who is potentially a criminal is such a great friend. But I don’t think it’s fair to ask them to completely cut off contact with network banned people, I think they should be allowed to decide about that for themselves

edit: I don’t, however, see how alts are relevant to this thread in any way?

another edit cuz i can never make up my mind before posting: I think it’s also a bit unfair to say cube doesnt care about mental health at all because of this, we are talking about a nw banned player after all, the reason staff isn’t supposed to be friends with them is their network ban, something they could have prevented, I still agree with you, but it’s not like staff are told to stop being friends just to hurt someone’s mental health.

D

Deleted member 347571

edit: I don’t, however, see how alts are relevant to this thread in any way?
Because people will never dox & do bad stuff to someone on their main acocunt since they care about their rank / "image". There are some times where people will do this on their main but thats why i'm mentioning it because it can harm people as well.

but it’s not like staff are told to stop being friends just to hurt someone’s mental health.
It wouldn't change anything at all if they remove the banned player or not, it will only make things worse for the player and the staff-member. Sometimes a staff has been friends with certain people for years and now they should remove him instead of trying to get his life on the rails?

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
said no as I don't think that mental heal has anything to do with cubecraft

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I usually don't post anything serious stuff anymore but i want to point something out. I think it's a really important aspect and overlooked in a lot of situations. I won't type an entire bible because i know nobody cares!

Mental health is really important especially if you care a lot about your time online hence is why i'm writing this so cubecraft could possibly improve this in the future. There is a thread made about it even though it feels like the server doesn't care about it.

I'll give an example, some people probably who i'm talking about and some won't so i'll call him X. X got network-banned for making a huge mistake, for me that's normal since he did something wrong but then you're expecting that the staff-members will remove X even though they're his best-friends. What happeend to "Stay in touch with people - Discord, friends, family, parents." Everyone deserves to get help from their friends, it doesn't matter what you did at this point. When this happened i had to stay awake until 5 AM to make sure he wasn't going to do anything stupid. It's not like cube is offering these people help, you're just putting them in a black hole, you don't have to agree with me but if someone in this situation would kill themself then you'd probably change your mind in less than a minute and as i said EVERYONE deserves the help they need.

The community is also playing a big part in this, the insane amount of alts trying to harm others (doxxing, catfishing or bullying) is disappointing.

I'm pretty sure some staff members talk to network-banned players regardless of the rules in place. I personally have talked to at least 1 of these players before becoming a helper and I had to stop talking to him. It felt wrong because he had been my friend for over 4-5 years.

As of now, there are 2 members I talk to because I've known them since I've been on the server or even before then. I know them very well, and I trust myself as an adult to make the right decision. One of them made a bad mistake a long time ago, he got help, and he is a different person. Another one didn't even do anything. At least from a situation that I observed. I mean I even talked to @Marieke2001 when she was network banned and y'all know how that ended lol.

But regarding, it is appropriate for Cube to remove people who seriously violate the rules entirely from the network and remove their connections. Players shouldn't be in contact with most of these people because of what they do. I am absolutely not promoting that you should seek out these individuals or talk to them, what I am doing is considered dangerous. It isn't the server's responsibility to help these people, but to protect its young player base from being exposed to their terrible actions. These individuals, most, are beyond help, especially whatever a Minecraft server could provide. I do think Cube should provide more awareness and internet safety articles and discussions. We should strive to have a close and safe community where no one is afraid to speak up or out.

human being

Jan 23, 2022
just to be clear the story is that x got banned and then you stayed up until 5 am to make sure that he didn't do anything stupid as a result of mental health issues stemming from the ban right

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello,

Before I get into the details, I want to mention that at CubeCraft, we take mental health and player safety seriously. We have safeguarding in place for our community and team, and we provide support for users to have better security & safety themselves, by supporting articles and suggestions. We also direct people in the right direction to get the best mental health support.

There might have been a bit of miscommunication here. We haven't told or forced our team to remove/block this X network-banned player. We recommend/suggested they do so, as the reason they were network banned was serious, and we didn't want our team exposed to that behaviour. This was to better protect our team. They were network banned to protect our community, and the team was informed, to protect themselves.

Network bans are very serious, and yes in the past we have told our team to straight up block them and remove a user, as the reasons behind the network ban were extreme to the point the police were involved. Again, this was to protect our team, and it would be extremely inappropriate to allow them to continue speaking to this user.

As mentioned above, we care about mental health, for our community and team. I myself have been mental health trained with the Saint Johns Ambulance services. We provide the best support we can, with our safety articles and posts. Sadly we can only recommend and direct users in the direction of getting help, we cannot give the user specifically, as we are not trained to do so. I'm trained, but for adults and employees, not children or the community. For network-banned users, of course, we hope they get the mental health help they need, but we aren't responsible for that.

Friends and family can help with mental health, but so can organisations that have been trained for it. We recommend that people that need mental health support, not just reach out to loved ones, but reach out to organisations too. We also have player safety reports, and they are reviewed often, for severe causes of bullying or rule-breaking on our network.

Hope this clears some things up :D

Cam.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
yes in the past we have told our team to straight up block them and remove a user,
does this mean you wouldn’t do that anymore? or was it just not the case now because there was no police involved?
it would be extremely inappropriate to allow them to continue speaking to this user.
in the second case, i very much disagree with this. if u want to advise ur staff team to protect themselves by not talking to a person, that’s totally fine. as i said before, i also think it would be fair to stop them from talking about the person in public. i don’t, however, think it is your choice to decice if a staff member is allowed to speak to someone in private, if they choose to do so

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
does this mean you wouldn’t do that anymore? or was it just not the case now because there was no police involved?

in the second case, i very much disagree with this. if u want to advise ur staff team to protect themselves by not talking to a person, that’s totally fine. as i said before, i also think it would be fair to stop them from talking about the person in public. i don’t, however, think it is your choice to decice if a staff member is allowed to speak to someone in private, if they choose to do so
We haven't told our team to block network banned users for a while; in this case, we didn't as the case wasn't extreme, to the point law enforcement was involved. In the future, if a case did appear where the police were involved, we would need to make sure our team sadly cut ties with the user. As we are a business at the end of the day, we're responsible for our teams' safety, and we need to protect our team, some of which are still minors. This would be advice from law enforcement.

Allowing our team (again, some are minors) to continue to have connections to a dangerous user would be irresponsible. If they would like to continue, that's fine, but they would sadly need to leave the team, as we cannot have the attitude that CubeCraft allows its team to speak to dangerous users.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
I got the feeling that this thread is more focused on the fact that Player X got banned & has no longer contact with staff members. But that might be my point of view.

Anyways, regarding to the mental health part.

I am an ex CCG player who used to had mental health issues.
I NEVER had the feeling that 'CubeCraft' didn't care.
If I had an issue / problem or struggle, I could talk to anyone, from staff members to normal players to forum members.
The only solution that CubeCraft can offer is a small talk. They're not professionals who can 'solve' the issues.
Keep in mind that like 75% (when I was playing) was going through their own struggles that they experienced in their puberty.

I do can understand that there are ALOT of people who has mental health issues and use the online world to escape.
Whoever you can not except from an online company that they can support help like professionals can.

As @Camezonda mentioned:
We provide the best support we can, with our safety articles and posts.

So they already do the maximum effort to provide help / support towards their players.
I do know from experience that one staff member is more open than another, but that is fine.

When it comes to ur message about alt accounts, that is correct. It is disappointing if someone makes a second account to keep on bullying Player X. So that should be looked at, or reported so staff can look into that.

Reactions: Egg🥚 and Hoshi
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom