Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
So, you're posting on the forums, and you keep on getting this "You must wait 60 seconds before posting!" This is enough to drive anyone crazy! But it's for keeping the spambots out, so I'm not going to suggest to remove it.

Instead, I think the wait time should be shortened for those who have been active on the forums for at least 6 months (or whatever number you choose- doesn't matter) and for staff members. If a user has infractions on their account however, they'll have to wait a little longer. The heavier/more infractions they have, the longer they'll have to wait.

There should also be no wait time for posting on their own profile for anybody (except for those rulebreakers).

Reactions: SmolenDog

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I believe this number must be shortened to everybody for 10-30 seconds since that's enough to stop the spam. Spam is the main reason the "waiting" time was added. +1 from me. :D

D

Deleted member 169486

Although it seems like a good idea, I disagree with lowering it for active players.

There are currently people that seem to post on every thread, although I won't say who, that must have to wait. So even after they hit that time, they will still post on every thread, only faster. I have seen people with accounts made 6-8 months ago that are just now posting stuff and they would already have the timer shortened/removed so sorry, -1.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Although it seems like a good idea, I disagree with lowering it for active players.

There are currently people that seem to post on every thread, although I won't say who, that must have to wait. So even after they hit that time, they will still post on every thread, only faster. I have seen people with accounts made 6-8 months ago that are just now posting stuff and they would already have the timer shortened/removed so sorry, -1.
What's wrong with posting on every thread?

D

Deleted member 169486

What's wrong with posting on every thread?
Nothing is wrong with posting on every thread, it's just that it has little to no purpose or contribution to the topic, and to me it just seems like post farming.

SmolenDog

Dec 7, 2016
Norway :D
So, you're posting on the forums, and you keep on getting this "You must wait 60 seconds before posting!" This is enough to drive anyone crazy! But it's for keeping the spambots out, so I'm not going to suggest to remove it.

Instead, I think the wait time should be shortened for those who have been active on the forums for at least 6 months (or whatever number you choose- doesn't matter) and for staff members. If a user has infractions on their account however, they'll have to wait a little longer. The heavier/more infractions they have, the longer they'll have to wait.

There should also be no wait time for posting on their own profile for anybody (except for those rulebreakers).
I agree, +1 from me :D

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop

That doesn't contribute at all.
Honestly messages do nothing except for statistical reasons.
It's not like they're spamming random things.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
Nothing is wrong with posting on every thread, it's just that it has little to no purpose or contribution to the topic, and to me it just seems like post farming.
I just post on the topics that interest me. If they don't interest me or have already been answered I just ignore it. Forums were made so you can hear the opinion of those who are willing to give it to you, which usually means they have a thought on the topic, which means there is a purpose/contribution to the topic, generally.

D

Deleted member 169486

I just post on the topics that interest me. If they don't interest me or have already been answered I just ignore it. Forums were made so you can hear the opinion of those who are willing to give it to you, which usually means they have a thought on the topic, which means there is a purpose/contribution to the topic, generally.
I realise how I may have been unclear, but the person I was talking about contributed very little, even though they posted on every thread.

Its_Veeds

Novice Member

Not bad idea:D but they do it i asume to reduce spam. But I agree they should reduce the time! But maybe if there rank on the sever they have like no time to wait but stone rank they have to wait like 10 sec. Also that would be a good idea so people will buy more ranks and support the sever, so, they can make the sever even more fun with all the money they get!!! :)

D

Deleted member 169486

Not bad idea:D but they do it i asume to reduce spam. But I agree they should reduce the time! But maybe if there rank on the sever they have like no time to wait but stone rank they have to wait like 10 sec. Also that would be a good idea so people will buy more ranks and support the sever, so, they can make the sever even more fun with all the money they get!!! :)
But this makes it seem like they can trust ranks more. I have seen ranked players hack before.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

As I am pretty close to fact #60, I would like to ask something. Do you all like Minecraft facts or irl facts? I have been posting Minecraft facts for five days for a change. If you want mc facts, I am pretty sure I have a few more. If you all want irl facts, I have no problem in doing that! Although I would have to check the availability of the facts, this would help me post more interesting and fun facts!
Reesle wrote on MCotoulas's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
AnolTongi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Top Bottom