Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should cubecraft just be removed after the last update ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 150344

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
I'm pretty much done with this newest update of Cube. Please say I can trust it anymore at all, no, I can't :'D Next up they'll remove a game I've been using days, months on like they did on BlockWars, (I've used months on Tower Defence, I don't want to lose my progress one day) and perhaps not giving any sorta refund on the players who have used effort on the loosen games. (Someone might've used months on their builds on Freebuild, example.) Was the update really worth it if I may ask? - You successfully made yourself to be a meme. Yes, the games were death. But was it really the game, the aspect and the idea of the game, or the bad updates, the mini-game kept getting :thinking:

I'd like to explain myself a bit more. But then I ask myself again, is it really a deal to use effort on a server who is barely taken seriously anymore

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Would've been nice to see this enthusiasm for our dead games before they got remove
Yes, the games were death. But was it really the game, the aspect and the idea of the game, or the bad updates, the mini-game kept getting :thinking:
We updated BlockWars and it was still dead. We updated Arcade and, unfortunately, it was still dead. We added nothing but community suggestions, mostly from Thefty and other big SG players of the time, and it somehow became more dead than it already was. There's no necromancing dead games back to life. People simply lose interest.

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Would've been nice to see this enthusiasm for our dead games before they got remove

We updated BlockWars and it was still dead. We updated Arcade and, unfortunately, it was still dead. We added nothing but community suggestions, mostly from Thefty and other big SG players of the time, and it somehow became more dead than it already was. There's no necromancing dead games back to life. People simply lose interest.

Wish it to be true; Of course it partly is. But the right updates, right choices would've perhaps saved up something. The games obviously had potential, I can guarantee it.

Anyways, thanks for your reply

I'll EDIT here; That the community suggestions doesn't mean that they're suggesting good updates, good suggestions. I didn't mean that updates made due management conversations and decided by managements are bad; I was talking about the updates overall. - Server's community can suggest bad ideas too; The thing just is, that for sure people would've played the games if they only had the right features to keep them in there. At least, in my opinion

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Yeah I’m sorry but the Block Wars update was The Worst update I’ve seen after this “big update”

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016

Small updates were the problem. You need bigger updates. Here comes all these threads.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
People were pushing all the time for Blockwars updates and making guides and more, people only stopped suggesting after they new nothing will ever get added that they want.

And the premise of "updating it" means absolutely nothing unless the update actually does something, Blockwars had no maps, useless kits and absolutely nothing new to add.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018

Seriously? I'm gonna mention 2 games I played a lot, which are Bingo and Minerware. These games always started easily. Isn't the most enthusiasm playing the game itself?
And there were lots and lots of threads/suggestions about the forementioned games, that isn't enthusiasm too?
I can understand that some hard choices have to be made, but claiming that there was no enthusiasm is just not true.

There's no necromancing dead games back to life. People simply lose interest.

That's funny, considering Cubecraft kept trying to necromance Battle Zone back to life.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
The game was pretty popular for the first few updates, the only update that was an attempt to save it was reducing to 50 players, which was a highly requested player suggestion.

I feel like it was already dying / dead when Cubecraft started adding the new guns and traps and endless new locations, but I could be wrong about that. I have no actual data of the player counts.

I still feel like the unbalanced guns (first Assault Rifle and after that Shotgun) may have caused it to die.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I feel like it was already dying / dead when Cubecraft started adding the new guns and traps and endless new locations, but I could be wrong about that. I have no actual data of the player counts.

I still feel like the unbalanced guns (first Assault Rifle and after that Shotgun) may have caused it to die.
I think the game itself was pretty fun, we just dont have the player count for it and most kids are so impatient that they dont want to wait 6 minutes for 50 players to gather.

Reactions: Shallidor

Shinte

Novice Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finland
Small updates were the problem.

My thoughts explained even further, let this clarify my vision of the update as well, since I completely agree.

Seriously? I'm gonna mention 2 games I played a lot, which are Bingo and Minerware.

Bingo has/had perhaps Cube's most humble community playing out there, that's why I liked it. Didn't realise that BETA games were removed too. Now this makes me even more upset to be honest..

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

What about Minerware? That game was far from dead? Always people playing, more then I usually see in Tower Defense.

Anyway, topics like this are fine, but don't add polls like this. It's dumb, not funny and pointless.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Dont. Dont remove the update, is a new base.
Start upgrading the server with this base.
wekenly updates like in the very old cubecraft.
I want the play server like when i start, i hope in the staff

Reactions: God.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom