Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do We Need Answers?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
There's literally no way to stop every single hacker. This is like going to the police and complaining that crime still exists. Just as every criminal in real life is not dealt a death sentence, we don't believe in banning someone forever for a single crime. Yes, some hackers come back and hack again, but the vast majority either learn their lesson or lose interest in the server after 7 days. This doesn't even factor in the scads of public accounts we're banning every day, which makes up 50% of the players we ban (statistic based on the ~30 reports I just did), which people don't bother to appeal (Why would you send an appeal in for an account that's not yours?) These accounts are being eliminated by the hundreds each day, and fairly soon, they'll all be receiving a permanent ban. The new system has been out for a while and we're already seeing great results from it. Playerside, you're not going to see much of a difference because there's always going to be hackers, but when you can see the big picture and get insight into exactly how many accounts are being eliminated (as I'm writing this, I just banned 271 different accounts linked to one player) the results are quite promising and hopeful.
Of course there's no way to get rid of the hacker problem, but you can reduce it. If Cube doesn't IP ban (do they IP track to begin with?), then how will you guys efficiently get rid of hackers every day? Hundreds out of 160k+ players per day is a very small number - that's less than 0.5% of the entire playerbase and probably only a small fraction of the total hackers on the server.

Without doing any math (sigh, lazy to do permutations at the moment and for the sake of simplicity), there's "infinitely" many MC accounts and a good amount can be alts. So, from that bold point, are you going to say there's always a hacker in every game as it currently is now? This was NOT the case prior to the new punishment system or even when the new 1.9 clients were coming out.

iProsecute

Sep 11, 2016
Being that you really don't have an inside look at exactly how the new system works, I don't believe you are in much of a position to say anything. The system seems to be working decent. Yes, reports take time to be looked at, but as Taco said, in real life...Crimes don't exactly get solved/fixed the second they are reported. Everything takes time. Though, the perpetrator may cause more damage in the time that it takes for a report to be reviewed, everything takes time.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Being that you really don't have an inside look at exactly how the new system works, I don't believe you are in much of a position to say anything. The system seems to be working decent. Yes, reports take time to be looked at, but as Taco said, in real life...Crimes don't exactly get solved/fixed the second they are reported. Everything takes time. Though, the perpetrator may cause more damage in the time that it takes for a report to be reviewed, everything takes time.
I'm actually aware of how it works. All the punishments are recorded onto the player's record for staff to see when the player makes an appeal. I actually made a thread on it almost last month when hackers came back to the server. I know they're not fixed right away - there's a trial to prove them guilty or innocent before they get the sentence.

For reference, here is my old thread explaining why Cube has a weak system: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bring-back-the-old-punishment-system-with-some-tweaks.140275/

iProsecute

Sep 11, 2016
I'm actually aware of how it works. All the punishments are recorded onto the player's record for staff to see when the player makes an appeal. I actually made a thread on it almost last month when hackers came back to the server. I know they're not fixed right away - there's a trial to prove them guilty or innocent before they get the sentence.

For reference, here is my old thread explaining why Cube has a weak system: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bring-back-the-old-punishment-system-with-some-tweaks.140275/

While I was in the midst of typing my response, you posted yours. I had made it for the poster of this thread and was not meant as a reply to your reply. Sorry if I confused you, but my response was not aimed at you. Yes, I should've tagged the person I was replying too, but my bad.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
While I was in the midst of typing my response, you posted yours. I had made it for the poster of this thread and was not meant as a reply to your reply. Sorry if I confused you, but my response was not aimed at you. Yes, I should've tagged the person I was replying too, but my bad.
Same here. Sorry about that. Mac's quote is from page 4 of my thread.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
If Cube doesn't IP ban (do they IP track to begin with?), then how will you guys efficiently get rid of hackers every day? Hundreds out of 160k+ players per day is a very small number - that's less than 0.5% of the entire playerbase and probably only a small fraction of the total hackers on the server.
If you didn't know yet, we don't IP ban because there's no way we can prove whether a certain account is an alternative account of a hacker.
You'll probably never get rid of hackers, every server has them. I've been told anti-cheat is very hard to code, which would be the reason for it not to be finished within like a month or something.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
If you didn't know yet, we don't IP ban because there's no way we can prove whether a certain account is an alternative account of a hacker.
You'll probably never get rid of hackers, every server has them. I've been told anti-cheat is very hard to code, which would be the reason for it not to be finished within like a month or something.
I do know Cube doesn't IP ban, just like Mineplex.

minucci

Aug 10, 2016
There's literally no way to stop every single hacker. This is like going to the police and complaining that crime still exists. Just as every criminal in real life is not dealt a death sentence, we don't believe in banning someone forever for a single crime. Yes, some hackers come back and hack again, but the vast majority either learn their lesson or lose interest in the server after 7 days. This doesn't even factor in the scads of public accounts we're banning every day, which makes up 50% of the players we ban (statistic based on the ~30 reports I just did), which people don't bother to appeal (Why would you send an appeal in for an account that's not yours?) These accounts are being eliminated by the hundreds each day, and fairly soon, they'll all be receiving a permanent ban. The new system has been out for a while and we're already seeing great results from it. Playerside, you're not going to see much of a difference because there's always going to be hackers, but when you can see the big picture and get insight into exactly how many accounts are being eliminated (as I'm writing this, I just banned 271 different accounts linked to one player) the results are quite promising and hopeful.

Thanks, Tacosbefriends :D
Finnaly someone answered with actual information XD

I think that if this reply you made was in a more visible spot, less threads about hackers would be made. -just my opinion tho-

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom