Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think PVP is too based around combos?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is fine as it is.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No, I think it is based more around knockback

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abyssal

Feb 7, 2022
A lot of the time, when you PVP in vanilla Minecraft, combos aren't really important and just diminishes your opponents health. But in CubeCraft and especially games like SkyWars where there is void or Survival Games with the border, if you get a combo, you have won a fight. Even in full diamond armor and you fighting a poor guy who just found some chainmail boots, he can legit just throw you off the map and still have 8 hearts. Why?! I have lost too many Skywars games to a guy who comboed me off the map. And during a combo you can't even get out of it because the guy has you 5 blocks away and just knocked you off your spawn island. I feel like nerfing combos (and knockback maybe?)would make the pvp experience more fair and fun to play.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
A lot of the time, when you PVP in vanilla Minecraft, combos aren't really important and just diminishes your opponents health. But in CubeCraft and especially games like SkyWars where there is void or Survival Games with the border, if you get a combo, you have won a fight. Even in full diamond armor and you fighting a poor guy who just found some chainmail boots, he can legit just throw you off the map and still have 8 hearts. Why?! I have lost too many Skywars games to a guy who comboed me off the map. And during a combo you can't even get out of it because the guy has you 5 blocks away and just knocked you off your spawn island. I feel like nerfing combos (and knockback maybe?)would make the pvp experience more fair and fun to play.
I disagree because combos are a way to fight above loot level as otherwise in your example the diamond guy will win 9/10 due to better armour and sword. It’s important and combo creates knockback so saying it’s based around either directly links it to the other anyway. Otherwise people with better armour and sword will nearly always win, so I prefer the ability to be able to take on any player regardless of loot with combos.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Well, to win in PvP games, skill is the most important part because you will need to land more hits on the enemy than they do on you. The more hits you land on the enemy without being hit is called a combo. Comboing others is an easy way to get the kill as long as you are able to maintain it and especially if the void is behind your enemy.

While I myself am not a fan of vertical knockback PvP, it still is possible to combo in non vertical knockback PvP servers and I believe that knockback is important when it comes to combos, which is why I voted the third option.

Edit: To respond to the suggestion, I'm against nerfing the amount of horizontal KB you take, but I agree with nerfing the vertical KB

Last edited:
Reactions: Silco

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Wait, I thought it was lag based? As in the more you lag without being too laggy, the more you win?

All jokes aside, combos are way better and more fun to play with, especially as there is skill involved to get one and strategy to avoid or hold one.

• Haha
Reactions: Silco

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
i think what you are complaining about is lag reach.. combos should be fine as they are but lag reach must be fixed imo

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
You can always try to break their combo, starting a combo doesn't guarantee you the victory.

Reactions: Iridinox

La J

Novice Member
Mar 21, 2021
Italiaaa
if a guy can combo he is good , but u can always stop their combo, if someone knows how to combo he is just good and that’s skill levels work on games 🤷

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I don't think the issue is combos, the issue is you don't know how to stop or start them. A couple of tips:

- Place blocks in between you and your opponent, this will ruin their strafing pattern and they will drop the combo
- if you have enough space, turn around and sprint away
- use projectiles, if you throw a snowball or use a bow/fishing rod on the opponent they will instantly drop the combo

Saying combos are not a vanilla Minecraft PvP mechanic is outright wrong. Combos are in every well-maintained server in Minecraft. It's either you learn to start and stop your own combos, or you lose.

Jul 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it’s more based around knockback bc if someone has a ton of armor, then you would have to break their armor which would be a really long combo (of have a good weapon). So in my opinion, it would be best to knock them off the map.

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom