Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should freebuild be put into maintenance again to get fixed?

• Yes.

• No (Pleas e explain why)

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
As most of you might know, freebuild is the creative server of cubecraft. It was hyped like crazy, but it died after only a few weeks. The reason for this is not because there is no interest in the server, but because the game was disappointing.

In 2015, freebuild were 3 gamemodes: Factions, Skyblock and Creative. In September, the games were so broken they had to be put into maintenance mode. After a while, we started to wónder what happened to these games. The release was promised to be in December 2015, but most of us know that never happened. After this, the staff team didn't want to give us any date for the release. One day, @Mac gave us a promise. It would be released by the end of the summer 2016. The months went by, and when the day finally came, we got a freebuild that was different for every other creative servers out there. I'll also mention that skyblock and factions did not make it to this release. Here's what was said about that in an info thread:
I know it’s been a hard and long time for this update but trust me, there has been constant work. You may have also noticed that I said we will be releasing Creative but haven’t mentioned SkyBlock or Factions. For us the main thing we want to release is our new system for handling plots. The way we’re doing Creative is completely different than any other server has done. It has to be able to handle hundreds, even thousands of players everyday! This means we’re releasing Creative to make sure all of this works 100% before releasing SkyBlock. Factions will make a comeback at some point but that is a completely different system all together.

Now to the point of this thread; why freebuild failed. The first things that we noticed were the facts that the plots were not connected and that there was a new system to promote good plots. Nothing too bad, right? Wrong.

The first of these things, the disconnected plots, are not really that big of a deal. Some people love it, some people don't. In my opinion, they are not that good. Flying around the plotworlds and viewing others plots is fun and can often give you inspiration for your plot. But again, this is probably not the reason why freebuild failed.

The diamond system, however, was (and still is) a big problem. Why? People only cared about getting diamonds. Making a good plot was not important. If you played freebuild at the release, you will remember that you could barely chat due to all the "Come visit my plot and don't forget to give it a DIAMOND" spam (check the spoiler below if you don't believe me). Freebuild used to be a mix of chatting with friends and building. Now it was just building. This also lead to some horrible plots being on the best plots list. Some of them are still in the list of Hottest plots.
2016-10-16_09.55.51.png

Not too long after this, we began to notice that there were no world-edit. This was another massive disappointment. World-edit makes building a lot easier and more fun, and it is something you would expecet on a server this big. But no, no world-edit. This was later promised to come out later, but it's been months now since the release, and no updates have been released.

Some of these above-mentioned things are bad, but what really destroyed it for me is that there are a lot of bugs. For example, take my plot. After hours upon hours of building, it got reset. This happened to a lot of other people too. Later, this same exact plot got reset again. Another bug is that your friends often go invisible while building on your plot. There is no way to know if they are there. Lightning bugs were annoying too. Now, later, creative is just as broken as before. Actually, it is more broken than before. Vanilla terrain is generating, floating grass and leaves can be seen, you can fly without any boarders etc. Even the chat system is broken...
This is my plot now.
2017-03-14_13.36.00.png

Plots can in this freebuild be upgraded. Most players could not afford to upgrade the plot to the maximum size, 123x123. I did, however. 16k points. In my, and most other peoples opinions, that is way too much for two max size plots.

When freebuild was released, competitions would, according to the staff team, be frequent and fun. We have only seen one competition since the release.

There are also a few other, minor, reasons, but I don't want to make this thread too long.

Before any of you say "Maybe it would have been better if you didn't pressure the developers to work faster", I will defend everyone who were hyped about freebuild (including myself) with the simple fact that it took over one year. ONE YEAR. And yet, neither skyblock or factions were in the release. It had so much potential, but you didn't use it. Now freebuild is dead. It's just the game in the menu everyone ignores. There were 3 players playing while I made this thread. 3 players.

Here's my advice for you; Put freebuild back into maintenance. Yes, you heard me right, put it into maintenance. The game is even more broken than the last version. No one plays it, so it won't make a difference.

I am looking forward to what you have to say to defend freebuild :)

And, finally, sorry about the long post. Much love to you all <3

TL;DR: Freebuild is broken and I think it should be put back into maintenance.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I agree.
I lost all my points when I tried to reset my plot.
It didn't even reset properly
I don't think we need fancy and complicated stuff. Only somewhere we can express our creativity. I've seen smaller networks with more people playing Creative and it being better than Cube's.
Simply 1 click of a button on google and I find multiple servers with a decent Creative gamemode.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Also I think the enforement of spam mutes in freebuild kinda killed it :P every popular creative server I go on has a lot of spam in the chat for advertising plots :P You can't really have a large dedicated without allowing players to advertise their roleplays, parkour, various competitions, ect. to the extent where they can get enough players to join them :3 The lack of World Edit one of the main reason I don't play but also the lag is too much for noteblocks which is what i like to do on creative servers :( I don't really see freebuild becoming a success without a complete overall. If someone really wants a creative server they can easily search up creative servers and find one with bigger plots, less lag, world edit (for voting probably), and a much more active community if you just want to mess around with other people rather than creating your own plot :P Inability to change your gamemode is another reason I don't play freebuild as well but it doesn't have that as much of an effect as the other reasons

WellArentYouSweet

Jan 7, 2016
Tiphon, The Frontier
Entré un par de veces, vi el desastre y solitario (en el sentido de que me recuerda más al modo de un jugador) con las parcelas desconectadas y demás percal, y me fui directo a los juegos del hambre.

No he vuelto a entrar desde el lanzamiento... y al parecer ahora está todavía peor. Y la verdad, es jodidamente raro; cubecraft tiene sus cosas malas (como las sanciones tan ridículas respecto a la duración, tardanza del anticheat, algún que otro bug inaceptable de lanzamiento como el de las barreras en la última actualización de los SG, desequilibrios en Lucky Islands, prohibir el butterflyclick...) y son muchas, pero el del Freebuild se sale dentro del rango denominado ''marca cubecraft''. Si nos ceñimos exclusivamente a los modos de juego, a excepción de Lucky Islands en su reciente actualización, tienen unas mecánicas, funcionamiento y presentación excelentes. Sin embargo, Freebuild ha sido todo lo contrario, (opinión totalmente crítica y sana) una basura tardona, que no sólo se ha retrasado por mucho tiempo, si no que además ha perdido características y modos de juego por el camino, para acabar igual o realmente peor.

Mi voto es un claro si.

P.D: te arreglo un poco la encuesta xddd -->
*** Should freebuild be put into maintenance again to get rewritted/redesigned and/or roll back? ***

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
As most of you might know, freebuild is the creative server of cubecraft. It was hyped like crazy, but it died after only a few weeks. The reason for this is not because there are no interest in the server, but because the game was disappointing.

In 2015, freebuild were 3 gamemodes: Factions, Skyblock and Creative. In September, the games were so broken they had to be put into maintenance mode. After a while, we started to wónder what happened to these games. The release was promised to be in December 2015, but most of us know that never happened. After this, the staff team didn't want to give us any date for the release. One day, @Mac gave us a promise. It would be released by the end of the summer 2016. The months went by, and when the day finally came, we got a freebuild that was different for every other creative servers out there. I'll also mention that skyblock and factions did not make it to this release. Here's what was said about that in an info thread:

Now to the point of this thread; why freebuild failed. The first things that we noticed were the facts that the plots were not connected and that there was a new system to promote good plots. Nothing too bad, right? Wrong.

The first of these things, the disconnected plots, are not really that big of a deal. Some people love it, some people don't. In my opinion, they are not that good. Flying around the plotworlds and viewing others plots is fun and can often give you inspiration for your plot. But again, this is probably not the reason why freebuild failed.

The diamond system, however, was (and still is) a big problem. Why? People only cared about getting diamonds. Making a good plot was not important. If you played freebuild at the release, you will remember that you could barely chat due to all the "Come visit my plot and don't forget to give it a DIAMOND" spam (check the spoiler below if you don't believe me). Freebuild used to be a mix of chatting with friends and building. Now it was just building. This also lead to some horrible plots being on the best plots list. Some of them are still in the list of Hottest plots.

Not too long after this, we began to notice that there were no world-edit. This was another massive disappointment. World-edit makes building a lot easier and more fun, and it is something you would expecet on a server this big. But no, no world-edit. This was later promised to come out later, but it's been months now since the release, and no updates have been released.

Some of these above-mentioned things are bad, but what really destroyed it for me is that there are a lot of bugs. For example, take my plot. After hours upon hours of building, it got reset. This happened to a lot of other people too. Later, this same exact plot got reset again. Another bug is that your friends often go invisible while building on your plot. There is no way to know if they are there. Lightning bugs were annoying too. Now, later, creative is just as broken as before. Actually, it is more broken than before. Vanilla terrain is generating, floating grass and leaves can be seen, you can fly without any boarders etc. Even the chat system is broken...
This is my plot now.
View attachment 130962

Plots can in this freebuild be upgraded. Most players could not afford to upgrade the plot to the maximum size, 123x123. I did, however. 16k points. In my, and most other peoples opinions, that is way too much for two max size plots.

When freebuild was released, competitions would, according to the staff team, be frequent and fun. We have only seen one competition since the release.

There are also a few other, minor, reasons, but I don't want to make this thread too long.

Before any of you say "Maybe it would have been better if you didn't pressure the developers to work faster", I will defend everyone who were hyped about freebuild (including myself) with the simple fact that it took over one year. ONE YEAR. And yet, neither skyblock or factions were in the release. It had so much potention, but you didn't use it. Now freebuild is dead. It's just the game in the menu everyone ignores. There were 3 players playing while I made this thread. 3 players.

Here's my advice for you; Put freebuild back into maintenance. Yes, you heard me right, put it into maintenance. The game is even more broken than the last version. No one plays it, so it won't make a difference.

I am looking forward to what you have to say to defend freebuild :)

And, finally, sorry about the long post. Much love to you all <3

TL;DR: Freebuild is broken and I think it should be put back into maintenance.
Jup totally agree :p

Entré un par de veces, vi el desastre y solitario (en el sentido de que me recuerda más al modo de un jugador) con las parcelas desconectadas y demás percal, y me fui directo a los juegos del hambre.

No he vuelto a entrar desde el lanzamiento... y al parecer ahora está todavía peor. Y la verdad, es jodidamente raro; cubecraft tiene sus cosas malas (como las sanciones tan ridículas respecto a la duración, tardanza del anticheat, algún que otro bug inaceptable de lanzamiento como el de las barreras en la última actualización de los SG, desequilibrios en Lucky Islands, prohibir el butterflyclick...) y son muchas, pero el del Freebuild se sale dentro del rango denominado ''marca cubecraft''. Si nos ceñimos exclusivamente a los modos de juego, a excepción de Lucky Islands en su reciente actualización, tienen unas mecánicas, funcionamiento y presentación excelentes. Sin embargo, Freebuild ha sido todo lo contrario, (opinión totalmente crítica y sana) una basura tardona, que no sólo se ha retrasado por mucho tiempo, si no que además ha perdido características y modos de juego por el camino, para acabar igual o realmente peor.

Mi voto es un claro si.

*** Should freebuild be put into maintenance again to get rewritted/redesigned and/or roll back? ***
Maybe you can talk English so everyone understands you :\

Reactions: Spinnypoo

tiger101tiger

Jul 9, 2014
USA
I went onto my first plot yesterday, starting building random things, then logged off. When I got back on today, everything I build was gone, and every block that I could destroy turned into air, so my plot became a hole :/. It is also very laggy. I spent 2 minutes building something, then I got lagged back to only having a few bocks on my plot.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Amen. I appreciate it that the staffmembers decided to create a whole new system for freebuild, but it didn't work out the way they wanted it to (I think).

Reactions: hgbf

Itz_JDCMC

Sep 1, 2016
Como siempre lo dije, cubecraft tiene los peores developers, no solo lo digo por el penoso creative que ni world edit tiene.

* Parkour meses en "mantenimiento"
* UHC meses en "mantenimiento"
* Skyblock y Factions lo mas probable es que no vuelvan
* El nuevo anticheat ni hablar

* Porque no hay una sala de LIMBO? decenas de personas se la pasan afk en los lobbys
* Porque no hay un sistema de PARTY?
* Que hacer con los vanity points ?
* Porque nunca balancean los cofres de SkyWars ? da asco las 20mil tartas, cuencos y demas items que no sirven de nada (si van a dar comida solo den algo que se stackee)

como es posible que un servidor en el sus usuarios pagan hasta 170 dolares por un rango no tienen un equipo de desarrollo decente el cual no se limite a decir tonteri... como:

*Es que esto no es un trabajo
*Es que tenemos vidas
*Pues si lo puedes hacer mejor hazlo tu

Sigan así si quieren dejar morir mas el servidor ahora con suerte entran 20k usuarios, mientras hypixel tranquilamente sigue con sus 50k.

PD: Mientras los owners se dediquen solo a quedarse con el dinero de los rangos y los developers solo se dediquen a "vivir sus vidas" Cubecraft no volvera a ser el gran servidor que fue hasta finales de 2015.

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net

Mi voto es un claro si.

(GOOGLE) TRANSLATION:
I came in a couple of times, I saw the disaster and solitary (in the sense that it reminds me more in the way of a player) with disconnected plots and other percal, and I went straight to the games of hunger.

I have not re-entered since the launch ... and apparently now it's even worse. And the truth is, it's fucking weird; Cubecraft has its bad things (such as sanctions so ridiculous regarding duration, anticheat delay, some unacceptable launch bug like the barriers in the last SG upgrade, imbalances in Lucky Islands, ban the butterflyclick .. .) And there are many, but the Freebuild goes outside the range called "brand cubecraft." If we stick exclusively to game modes, with the exception of Lucky Islands in their recent update, they have excellent mechanics, performance and presentation. However, Freebuild has been the opposite, (totally critical and healthy opinion) a belated trash, which has not only been delayed for a long time, but also has lost features and game modes along the way, to end up equal or Really worse.

My vote is a clear yes.

P.D: I fix the survey a little xddd ->
Should freebuild be put into maintenance again to get rewritten / redesigned and / or roll back? ***

Como siempre lo dije, cubecraft tiene los peores developers, no solo lo digo por el penoso creative que ni world edit tiene.

* Parkour meses en "mantenimiento"
* UHC meses en "mantenimiento"
* Skyblock y Factions lo mas probable es que no vuelvan
* El nuevo anticheat ni hablar

* Porque no hay una sala de LIMBO? decenas de personas se la pasan afk en los lobbys
* Porque no hay un sistema de PARTY?
* Que hacer con los vanity points ?
* Porque nunca balancean los cofres de SkyWars ? da asco las 20mil tartas, cuencos y demas items que no sirven de nada (si van a dar comida solo den algo que se stackee)

como es posible que un servidor en el sus usuarios pagan hasta 170 dolares por un rango no tienen un equipo de desarrollo decente el cual no se limite a decir tonteri... como:

*Es que esto no es un trabajo
*Es que tenemos vidas
*Pues si lo puedes hacer mejor hazlo tu

Sigan así si quieren dejar morir mas el servidor ahora con suerte entran 20k usuarios, mientras hypixel tranquilamente sigue con sus 50k.

PD: Mientras los owners se dediquen solo a quedarse con el dinero de los rangos y los developers solo se dediquen a "vivir sus vidas" Cubecraft no volvera a ser el gran servidor que fue hasta finales de 2015.

As I've always said, cubecraft has the worst developers, not just say it for the painful creative that no world edit has.

* Parkour months in "maintenance"
* UHC months in "maintenance"
* Skyblock and Factions will most likely not return
* The new anticheat or speak

* Why is there no LIMBO room? Dozens of people are passing afk in the lobbies
* Why is there no PARTY system?
* What to do with the vanity points?
* Why do not SkyWars coffers balance? Disgust 20mil pies, bowls and other items that are useless (if they give food only give something to be stacked)

As it is possible that a server in the its users pay up to 170 dollars for a rank do not have a decent development team which does not just say nonsense ... like:

* This is not a job
* We have lives
* Well, if you can do it better do it yourself

Keep it that way if you want to let die more the server now with luck enter 20k users, while hypixel quietly continues with its 50k.

Cubecraft is not going to be the big server that was until the end of 2015, as long as the owners are dedicated only to keep the money of the ranks and the developers only dedicate themselves to "to live their lives".
Google

Reactions: Marieke2001

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I could put up with the huge point expenses and lack of world edit if it weren't for one thing.

I've made about 5 different plots using Freebuild, and 4 of them all bugged out and deleted themselves, including plots friends had helped build. And I'm not just talking about basic plots that were worked on for 30 mins and then left for all eternity - we literally spent hours working on them just for Freebuild to troll us and wipe everything.

I finally learned my lesson after it deleted a castle me and @PinkySan had been working on for days. Wanna get something built? Just use singleplayer or a different server altogether.

I'd love it if this mode was fixed in the near future, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. And like Jeroen said 'I don't think I can wait ANOTHER 8+ months'.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Great, now I'm annoyed again... Please keep in mind when reading this that these are just my opinions/stupid pointless rants, and that you're under no obligation to agree with them.

we got a freebuild that was different for every other creative servers out there.
Oh, it was different alright! The biggest fundamental difference is that it was incomplete!

Agreed. However what was a colossal issue, was the fact that they were islands, which was very problematic for builders.

The diamond system, however, was (and still is) a big problem. Why? People only cared about getting diamonds. Making a good plot was not important.
Sadly, this problem will persist no matter what, because people perceive a high number of diamonds to be like winning; it gives them satisfaction. What could have been done instead, was a dedicated Admin could've been assigned to the gamemode, thus actually giving the Admin rank a purpose again. Said Admins could've, if given the privileges to do so, hosted regular competitions on the forums, and listed each victor on the 'Diamonds' interface for the community to view them indefinitely.

This is how it used to work, in both Freebuild's three gamemodes, and in PvP's games: Admins would be given sufficient privileges to be able to update the games on their own accord, in minor yet convenient ways, without any expenditure of Developer resources. Why the Admin rank was made obsolete is beyond me.

And because of a severe lack of communication, the only reasonable conclusion we can come to in relation to world-edit is that they're too lazy to add it. It's a public plugin that's present on every. reputable. creative server. Why wasn't this added to Creative prior to its release?

So much effort went into making Cubecraft's Creative "unique" to other servers, and yet the dream of a populated Creative mode was shot in the head before the game was even released.

O_O I actually had no idea that this was a problem. If it's a regular occurrence that cannot be fixed, then Creative should just be reset again... With World-edit this time please.

I've said this countless times before, and I'll say it again: The upgrade algorithm automatically doomed Creative from the start, by alienating the hardcore builder demographic. Why would a builder spend countless hours try-harding Skywars to unlock one decently sized plot, which keep in mind is still severely limited but I'll get to that in a moment, when they could instead just find another server and be building, with world-edit, in minutes? Before anybody argues that they weren't trying to appeal to hardcore builders, this is a quick reminder that a system exists that is supposed to judge the quality of your plot, and showcase the best of the best to anybody online.

Now, about the plot limitations... While the islands-in-the-sky obsession makes the plots look decent, it prevents players from building any underground structures, because there's a ten-block depth restriction. How am I supposed to build a dungeon, cave or mineshaft, if I can build little deeper than a small wooden staircase before I'm unable to dig any deeper?

with the simple fact that it took over one year. ONE YEAR
That's also a year of suggestions that were posted on the official forums thread that announced Freebuild's original removal.

This ^

Put it into maintenance again, and:
-Reintroduce it with world-edit
-Perhaps offer a second "world", where players can build on overworld plots with the usual depth
-Replace 'Diamonds' with 'Recommended', or 'Hot', that features Admin-approved plots. This adds an incentive to build quality plots, rather than 18x18 parkour maps with signs that read 'Don't forget to give it a Diamond!!!' at the end
-Have Admins regularly host competitions on the gamemode

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I kind of felt.... mocked? When creative released
Are you actually serious or? I mean, MORE FLOATING ISLANDS? AW HELL NO
;-;
And why the lobby systems? You're just over-complicating stuff for yourselves! You need to copy blocks, rotate all containers the right way, keep container NBT tags, and keep mobs but heh here's the deal.... Mobs despawn...
So you decide to show off your plot! Not knowing wether you really wanna leave it like that or improve it. Right? R-Right? Well no, when the plot is open publicly it can't be edited (unless if via a rare bug because well that happens @TheJeroen ) and then you decide to put it back to private, losing your diamonds in the process... So you finish editing the plot, right? Well again no, you can't put it back up, because you need to wait before doing that again.... So you imagine there's a faster way to get your plots back on public, right? Lucky for you, there is! Unlucky for your wallet, it's buying a rank!
PAY PURCHASE DISBURSE ACQUIRE DONATE SPEND
Aaaaalright then! It's all good, you just have to wait.
What do you do in the meanwhile? You could always... expand your plot maybe?
Again, you're extremely lucky! And that's fortunate, because the default plot size is just microscopic!
Buut wait, there's a catch. You need to pay points, earned by years of grinding in other gamemodes.
Oh, it can't be that expensive to expand a plot right? Well, not for the first two upgrades, not super expensive... and then, you get to 70x70 blocks.... (average creatives server gives two free 1024x1024 plot) it costs 5000 points.
So you get on your expensively expanded, themed, CubeCraft™ Plot®.
And you need to make a big wall. Of one single material. "It's a multiplayer server, let's use World Edit!"
Well not so fast my boy, guess what, that plot you hardly farmed points in skywars for? Oh yeah well, it doesn't have World Edit.
Oh well, let's ask some people if they want to help me make that wall then.
Wait there kiddo, you need to know one more thing. You need players to be in your friends list to be able to invite them to your plot.
"B-but my friend list is full...."
Well no worries, you can buy a rank to increase the friend limit!
Well, look at the positive side... you can still build on it! And see what others build!
Hey wait, in case you didn't notice, you're alone on a floating island. An annoyingly boring, in any way, theme or shape you give it, floating island. like if we didn't have enough of those with Lucky Islands, Skywars and Eggwars... So you use the navigation tool to find someone else's plot and see what it looks like.... What you see in the first spots? A water slide. I'm not joking. A water slide. And a crappy one. Why is that? Because of this whole diamond thing, that turned even casual building into a competition, meaninglessly. It's not even a fun competition.
And the chat? Oh the chat. Whenever you want to talk, nobody is on. Whenever you don't want to talk, people advertising their plot 24/7 to get a diamond....

So here's my final points and please consider them? Lol, thank you.
Remove the floating island concept. I know it sounds absurd. But floating islands in every darn gamemode is more absurd.
Add World Edit, or an adapted version of it to prevent abuse.
Remove diamonds. They're bad for the builders, and for the casual players too.
Make expanding plots more effective, by increasing it more for each expansion, and make it more cheaper. Way more cheaper. Like 100, 200, 300 and finally 400 points.
Make default islands larger. 128x128 doesn't sound bad.
Remove the lobby system as a whole, and put the plots next to each other. This kind of comes back to point one.
Add some commands to receive special items like barrier blocks, mob heads, player heads and more.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Hey Ping, you're turning this into a normal creative server. Not fun. Pls ban urself kido."
And to that I say, hey, I don't know how somebody could screw up a gamemode like creative in such a miserable and lousy, uncomprensible and meaningless mess of floating islands, payments and expansions.
And who says there's no other way of turning things? You could host building competitions, you could let people place particle effects, or add a custom note block GUI so people can set up songs more easily! A tool to scroll through all paintings and find the exact one you want, or just something like an armor stand plugin that lets you edit their pose and how they look. It's really not that hard to come up with some more ideas than.... floating island.

Mega wall of text for the win

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
And why the lobby systems? You're just over-complicating stuff for yourselves! You need to copy blocks, rotate all containers the right way, keep container NBT tags, and keep mobs but heh here's the deal.... Mobs despawn...
After reading his I realized that cubecraft could easily make their creative mode a whole lot more simple and more reliable if they used multiple structure blocks to save plots but nope cube has to be 1.9.0 for some reason... :P They would also be able to save all the mobs as well in the plot with that. The into problem is if you have a really tall build it would require a lot more structure blocks but you could optimize the number used with plugins if an area is just air.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I kind of felt.... mocked? When creative released
Are you actually serious or? I mean, MORE FLOATING ISLANDS? AW HELL NO
;-;
So you decide to show off your plot! Not knowing wether you really wanna leave it like that or improve it. Right? R-Right? Well no, when the plot is open publicly it can't be edited (unless if via a rare bug because well that happens @TheJeroen ) and then you decide to put it back to private, losing your diamonds in the process... So you finish editing the plot, right? Well again no, you can't put it back up, because you need to wait before doing that again.... So you imagine there's a faster way to get your plots back on public, right? Lucky for you, there is! Unlucky for your wallet, it's buying a rank!
Aaaaalright then! It's all good, you just have to wait.
What do you do in the meanwhile? You could always... expand your plot maybe?
Again, you're extremely lucky! And that's fortunate, because the default plot size is just microscopic!
Buut wait, there's a catch. You need to pay points, earned by years of grinding in other gamemodes.
Oh, it can't be that expensive to expand a plot right? Well, not for the first two upgrades, not super expensive... and then, you get to 70x70 blocks.... (average creatives server gives two free 1024x1024 plot) it costs 5000 points.
So you get on your expensively expanded, themed, CubeCraft™ Plot®.
And you need to make a big wall. Of one single material. "It's a multiplayer server, let's use World Edit!"
Well not so fast my boy, guess what, that plot you hardly farmed points in skywars for? Oh yeah well, it doesn't have World Edit.
Oh well, let's ask some people if they want to help me make that wall then.
Wait there kiddo, you need to know one more thing. You need players to be in your friends list to be able to invite them to your plot.
"B-but my friend list is full...."
Well no worries, you can buy a rank to increase the friend limit!
Well, look at the positive side... you can still build on it! And see what others build!
Hey wait, in case you didn't notice, you're alone on a floating island. An annoyingly boring, in any way, theme or shape you give it, floating island. like if we didn't have enough of those with Lucky Islands, Skywars and Eggwars... So you use the navigation tool to find someone else's plot and see what it looks like.... What you see in the first spots? A water slide. I'm not joking. A water slide. And a crappy one. Why is that? Because of this whole diamond thing, that turned even casual building into a competition, meaninglessly. It's not even a fun competition.
And the chat? Oh the chat. Whenever you want to talk, nobody is on. Whenever you don't want to talk, people advertising their plot 24/7 to get a diamond....

So here's my final points and please consider them? Lol, thank you.
Remove the floating island concept. I know it sounds absurd. But floating islands in every darn gamemode is more absurd.
Add World Edit, or an adapted version of it to prevent abuse.
Remove diamonds. They're bad for the builders, and for the casual players too.
Make expanding plots more effective, by increasing it more for each expansion, and make it more cheaper. Way more cheaper. Like 100, 200, 300 and finally 400 points.
Make default islands larger. 128x128 doesn't sound bad.
Remove the lobby system as a whole, and put the plots next to each other. This kind of comes back to point one.
Add some commands to receive special items like barrier blocks, mob heads, player heads and more.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Hey Ping, you're turning this into a normal creative server. Not fun. Pls ban urself kido."
And to that I say, hey, I don't know how somebody could screw up a gamemode like creative in such a miserable and lousy, uncomprensible and meaningless mess of floating islands, payments and expansions.
And who says there's no other way of turning things? You could host building competitions, you could let people place particle effects, or add a custom note block GUI so people can set up songs more easily! A tool to scroll through all paintings and find the exact one you want, or just something like an armor stand plugin that lets you edit their pose and how they look. It's really not that hard to come up with some more ideas than.... floating island.

Mega wall of text for the win
Everybody like this post.

Reactions: Despacito 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom