Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should freebuild be put into maintenance again to get fixed?

• Yes.

• No (Pleas e explain why)

• I'm not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Hey Freebuild Is Not Dead I Have Been In The Lobby A Lot Lately (Doing Something I Am Currently Trying To Keep As Secret As Possible)
I Have Clearly Seen That It Isn't Dead I Mean Look At The Tab List I Saw In The Lobby While Posting This Comment
2017-03-14_17.52.29.png

If That Doesn't Say Alive
Than I Don't Know What
Does

As most of you might know, freebuild is the creative server of cubecraft. It was hyped like crazy, but it died after only a few weeks. The reason for this is not because there is no interest in the server, but because the game was disappointing.
But In All Seriousness This Seems To Be Everybody's Thought On This Yet Did Anybody Think About The Fact That Players Could Have Just Left It Because Most People Finished Their Builds By Then

Reactions: Despacito 2

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hey Freebuild Is Not Dead I Have Been In The Lobby A Lot Lately (Doing Something I Am Currently Trying To Keep As Secret As Possible)
I Have Clearly Seen That It Isn't Dead I Mean Look At The Tab List I Saw In The Lobby While Posting This Comment
View attachment 130983
If That Doesn't Say Alive
Than I Don't Know What
Does

But In All Seriousness This Seems To Be Everybody's Thought On This Yet Did Anybody Think About The Fact That Players Could Have Just Left It Because Most People Finished Their Builds By Then
No. Some People Will Always Have Inspiration To Create Something. 3 Out Of 15 Thousand People With Inspiration? Hell No.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Nope, it's 100% the consequence of a poor and unfinished gamemode. The very continuation of Creative servers in general proves this.
This has no full proof because this is also a different point in the other way
if it was bad enough to be dead then that hype wouldn't have even lasted a week
Yes that is going to add to it but I refuse to believe that is the soul (Or sole) reason it is happening because it isn't

If I liked building (for ascetic reasons) I would have still been in it and I am not the only 1 I can assure you of that

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
The first of these things, the disconnected plots, are not really that big of a deal. Some people love it, some people don't. In my opinion, they are not that good. Flying around the plotworlds and viewing others plots is fun and can often give you inspiration for your plot. But again, this is probably not the reason why freebuild failed.
IMO, this is one of the main reasons why freebuild failed. The fun of creative servers is not only building your own plots, but also viewing other's. And you would probably say "well, then go to the menu and search for the best plots" well that's when the next problem begins:

The diamond system, however, was (and still is) a big problem. Why? People only cared about getting diamonds. Making a good plot was not important. If you played freebuild at the release, you will remember that you could barely chat due to all the "Come visit my plot and don't forget to give it a DIAMOND" spam (check the spoiler below if you don't believe me). Freebuild used to be a mix of chatting with friends and building. Now it was just building. This also lead to some horrible plots being on the best plots list. Some of them are still in the list of Hottest plots.
I would like to see other people's plots, but all the plots in the top most voted are either a staff member's plot, or a spammer's plot. There's nothing wrong with staff members making plots and being in the top, but the spammers' plots bother me a lot. They are often pretty bad, not inspirational at all, and sometimes even inappropriate. I think resetting the diamonds every day would be cool to see new plots every day. Even deleting the whole diamond system would be better...

Not too long after this, we began to notice that there were no world-edit. This was another massive disappointment. World-edit makes building a lot easier and more fun, and it is something you would expecet on a server this big. But no, no world-edit. This was later promised to come out later, but it's been months now since the release, and no updates have been released.
Now, in my oppinion, this is the biggest mistake. At first, the excuse was "well, it's against the EULA to give donators World-edit." So then the community said "Well, what about making it free for everybody?" then, the excuse was "Donators would feel scammed if stone rankers got world edit for free". But Cubecraft, didn't you think that the donators would feel even more scammed if we got nothing at all? Some people even got a rank just to get worldedit...

Freebuild is broken and I think it should be put back into maintenance.
Nope. It is indeed broken, but please, no more maintenance, for CCGN's sake. Somehow, people prefer a broken game than no game at all...
Fix it without putting it in maintenance.

And now one of the things I hate the most: When creative was released, they promissed to release skyblock shortly after. Where is skyblock? Well, we will never know, I guess. Perhaps they saw that creative's system did not work at all and they had to start skyblock again...

Reactions: hgbf

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Didnt need world edit for that wall did you?
I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

I Have Been In The Lobby A Lot Lately (Doing Something I Am Currently Trying To Keep As Secret As Possible)
Btw Jollow it's entirely your choice if you wanna build something using Freebuild, don't let me stop you. But take my advice - use singleplayer or a different creative server altogether if you can. Any day now you could return to your plot and ALL of your work will turn to dust in front of your eyes. I'd hate to see it happen to yet another person... Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
View attachment 130989

Btw Jollow it's entirely your choice if you wanna build something using Freebuild, don't let me stop you. But take my advice - use singleplayer or a different creative server altogether if you can. Any day now you could return to your plot and ALL of your work will turn to dust in front of your eyes. I'd hate to see it happen to yet another person... Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
that was not referring to actually building anything it is something else very top secret
also most people don't go back later try to build something again later anyways

For The "I See What You Did There Part" I See What You Did there with the picture

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
that was not referring to actually building anything it is something else very top secret
also most people don't go back later try to build something again later anyways
Ah okies, good luck with whatever this secret mission of yours is o/

Reactions: Injunction

RoboticToast

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2015
68374332.jpg
Didn't even notice since I never play this.

I find these good reasons why freebuild failed and most likely want it to be reset again for like another 5 months, till its actually fixed :P

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Yes. Everyone was hyped for free build and then it was kinda of like a bummer... I mean not like kinda a bummer IT WAS A BUMMER. I know for sure everyone I talked to was always hyped and talking about the update. When I joined Cube there was no freebuild. I saw that there used to be factions and skyblock. I thought to my self "Damn factions, that must of been so fun" The whole flow of the new freebuild is weird. I'm not saying the developers and builders didn't do a good job but it's kind of like they didn't really try. They just used the same connection system they use in pvp.

I also think as you stated @hgbf that the whole idea of solo plots was weird. I always thought of free build as a nice little way people could share cool things and be a community. I mean you could still go to people plots in the new update but it's not the same. As you said it was nice to just be able to fly around and see all the cool plots and even maybe get a little inspiration. It's just different.

Problem #3 you stated. The spam of people wanting you to come to their plot a give them a diamond it terrible. When the update came out you couldn't even see what real people where saying.

Anyways I totally agree with you. This mock of freebuild needs to be put back into maintenance and re-thought out. Thank you for starting this it really needed to be brought up. You have my 100% support.

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
Okay, I don't want to sound like a total nerd, but here's my input.

The first time testing out Creative I already knew that it would be a failure. All of the aspects that people loved about it was gone. I would have spoken out to the developers, suggesting what they should fix/add, but it was already too late at the time. They had already went such a long way, but they were going the wrong way. And I'm not trying to talk down to the developers; I really appreciate them for trying to remaster and reinvent the Creative experience. They just didn't really know what made Creative the "social heart" of Cubecraft.

The biggest reason, I think, why Creative flopped was because people weren't able to conveniently meet new people and talk to their friends. The tab list incorrectly displays the amount of players in the lobby, and the plots are floating, exile islands. No one was really able to chill and build.

By now, I'm fairly sure (or hope) that the developers realize that Creative is pretty much unplayable. I really hope the developers can prove us wrong, and take less than a year to fix this once-wonderful game mode...or they might just pick their asses, and keep on adding updates to Eggwars and Skywars, because that's where the money's at. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom