Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobfreyJoniam

Mar 19, 2020
Sorry right, but I was just killed by an invisible person on Skywars, I know they were purposely invisible because I both hit them and was hit, heard eating noises and saw blocks being placed and saw sprinting particles

They knew they were hacking as dictated by this screenshot after they killed me

Why does the anti-cheat suck so hard and allow this sort of thing to happen, but the slightest lag kicks you out?

My suggestion is to have a better anti-cheat basically

The best part is, I can't report them because they were invisible and i never had a chance to record video

Good job CubeCraft

Last edited by a moderator:

BobfreyJoniam

Mar 19, 2020
Untitled.png

This was posted in chat after I was killed, nobody else was alive at the time

Jospop

Novice Member
Dec 12, 2019
Mexico,Mexico
Friend, not everything is perfect, but to tell the truth the AntiCheat is failing a little but it is also minimal, the AntiCheat has to continue and catch it / The Moderators are more active in 1.14.4 since there will be more users consent and it does not reach the day for 1.8 but don't worry it will resolve sooner or later

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
@Jospop36 1) this is Bedrock, not Java.
2) Bedrock has normally the double if not even the triple of the average Java players online,
3) The anti-cheat is not perfect, because there's no anti-cheat on Bedrock currently.

@BobfreyJoniam you can't know if an invisible player is using hacks or an ivnisible skins. On Minecraft Bedrock 1.13+, there is a bug that somehow makes you completely invisible on skin, armor, items held and nametag. And for some reason, the player affected by this bug may not even see himself as invisible, like others does. Even if you suspect he knows it, without a video evidence is not enough to estabilish if he was cheating or not, and even with a video evidence, if I was the staff, I wouldn't ban them immediatly knowing what's going on Bedrock.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Even if there was an anti-cheat on Bedrock, it would not ban the offending player immediately. This is to ensure that whoever is hacking does not know what caused the ban, thus the developers of the hacked clients will not know where to improve.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
Sentinel (CubeCraft’s anti-cheat system) is currently on Bedrock. Sentinel on both platforms is being improved on by the developers regularly. The problem is that CubeCraft have to develop Sentinel to do the same thing in two different coding languages, Java being in Java, and Bedrock being in C++. Bedrock is slightly harder to program anti-cheat on, because the developers have to be aware of the different devices and what abilities they have. Apologies if you have been kicked for lagging, Sentinel detects that it’s teleportation cheating.
Anti-cheat is one of CubeCraft’s greatest concerns, and they are actually looking for more helpers and moderators for that very reason. However, if players do find a cheater on CubeCraft Bedrock Edition, they can report them at the Bedrock Report forum, which helps the server greatly.
Thankyou for you’re suggestion :).

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
There is no anti-cheat but rubik_cube_man said he is working very hard to implement it so hopefully it will be here in the future!! :)

I’m the meantime I’d like more staff to spend time in bedrock.. like helpers. We need more people to help the community and the hacker situation.

GratefulCoast

Jan 31, 2020
Bedrock has more members than java comparatively and also there is no fully working anti cheat system.It is still in development.Some use Invis skins for purpose but some have issues so can't tell that easily whether they are hacking or bugged.

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
@Jospop36 1) this is Bedrock, not Java.
2) Bedrock has normally the double if not even the triple of the average Java players online,
3) The anti-cheat is not perfect, because there's no anti-cheat on Bedrock currently.

@BobfreyJoniam you can't know if an invisible player is using hacks or an ivnisible skins. On Minecraft Bedrock 1.13+, there is a bug that somehow makes you completely invisible on skin, armor, items held and nametag. And for some reason, the player affected by this bug may not even see himself as invisible, like others does. Even if you suspect he knows it, without a video evidence is not enough to estabilish if he was cheating or not, and even with a video evidence, if I was the staff, I wouldn't ban them immediatly knowing what's going on Bedrock.
honestly it would be worse if sentinel was on bedrock because sentinel sucks at it's job.

Reactions: Dubby Plays

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Sorry right, but I was just killed by an invisible person on Skywars, I know they were purposely invisible because I both hit them and was hit, heard eating noises and saw blocks being placed and saw sprinting particles

They knew they were hacking as dictated by this screenshot after they killed me
View attachment 106743
Why does the anti-cheat suck so hard and allow this sort of thing to happen, but the slightest lag kicks you out?

My suggestion is to have a better anti-cheat basically

The best part is, I can't report them because they were invisible and i never had a chance to record video

Good job CubeCraft
This is a Bug not a Hack, i have screenshots to prove this, on The Mobile version of bedrock it gives you popups informing you of a render error

ED: I will get the photos and share them here

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Hi there,
Sentinel (CubeCraft’s anti-cheat system) is currently on Bedrock. Sentinel on both platforms is being improved on by the developers regularly. The problem is that CubeCraft have to develop Sentinel to do the same thing in two different coding languages, Java being in Java, and Bedrock being in C++. Bedrock is slightly harder to program anti-cheat on, because the developers have to be aware of the different devices and what abilities they have. Apologies if you have been kicked for lagging, Sentinel detects that it’s teleportation cheating.
Anti-cheat is one of CubeCraft’s greatest concerns, and they are actually looking for more helpers and moderators for that very reason. However, if players do find a cheater on CubeCraft Bedrock Edition, they can report them at the Bedrock Report forum, which helps the server greatly.
Thankyou for you’re suggestion :).
You don't get kicked by Sentinel by lagging, you get disconnected because the wifi connection was lost for a short second

Reactions: Zathelas

saztper9

Jan 6, 2020
Even if there was an anti-cheat on Bedrock, it would not ban the offending player immediately. This is to ensure that whoever is hacking does not know what caused the ban, thus the developers of the hacked clients will not know where to improve.
the problem is, alot of hackers know what hacks banwaves and what dont banwave, so its kinda pointless

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I don't see why if there is no active sentinel on bedrock why all of the staff members are focussed on moderating java and completely neglect Bedrock

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don't see why if there is no active sentinel on bedrock why all of the staff members are focussed on moderating java and completely neglect Bedrock
I know that I personally do not like Bedrock. I don’t like the changes mojang put in or the way it plays. Because of that, I would stick to exclusively java. Quite a few of the staff members also were staff before bedrock was a thing so they might feel the same way. Cube would just need more players to become staff that play bedrock.
Moderating is a volunteer position, so I do not support telling staff members who do not want to play java/bedrock to play that version. Plus it takes experience with that version to be able to tell cheats from bugs or skill. A mod who has never played bedrock might ban people for scaffold since they do not know that is a feature in bedrock.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I know that I personally do not like Bedrock. I don’t like the changes mojang put in or the way it plays. Because of that, I would stick to exclusively java. Quite a few of the staff members also were staff before bedrock was a thing so they might feel the same way. Cube would just need more players to become staff that play bedrock.
Moderating is a volunteer position, so I do not support telling staff members who do not want to play java/bedrock to play that version. Plus it takes experience with that version to be able to tell cheats from bugs or skill. A mod who has never played bedrock might ban people for scaffold since they do not know that is a feature in bedrock.
It's quite disappointing how there are only 18 staff members that mod this server overall most, if not all only play java and there is little to no focus on finding staff to moderate bedrock, there are plenty of people that would love to that but are just ignored because staff don't even want to consider it

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
It's quite disappointing how there are only 18 staff members that mod this server overall most, if not all only play java and there is little to no focus on finding staff to moderate bedrock, there are plenty of people that would love to that but are just ignored because staff don't even want to consider it
I don't believe they go out searching for staff. It is a volunteer position, so people have to come and apply for it if they meet the requirements. I believe one of the helpers currently (SoundToTheThirdPower) is a bedrock player, though I could be wrong about that. So it is not that they are ignoring people, it is just they have to meet the requirements and actually apply for the position.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I don't believe they go out searching for staff. It is a volunteer position, so people have to come and apply for it if they meet the requirements. I believe one of the helpers currently (SoundToTheThirdPower) is a bedrock player, though I could be wrong about that. So it is not that they are ignoring people, it is just they have to meet the requirements and actually apply for the position.
Yes Sound is a personal friend of mine, but she is literally the only person representing the bedrock community, there are plenty of people that want to apply but are rejected for reasons like maybe they said something that can be construed as offensive.
They really don't seem to have any sort of priority trying to find staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

May the 4th be with you
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom