Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Total voters

GabrielFoxerd

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2018
1a53kZS.png

Some of the reasons why blockwars should come back.

A fun game

• Blockwars is a very funny game when you understand it, that is why many people have suggested doing a tutorial on how to play, I have met people who are very good at pvp but who lose because they do not know how to capture.
  • There are two mode games: Capture the flag and Break the core
  • It's a game that unites everything.
  1. non-pvp: build phase - building a good defense can make a difference throughout the game.
  2. pvp and strategy: fight phase - some try to go for the enemy flag, others to defend their flag.
  3. pvp and confidence: overtime - some people stay to defend and others go for the enemy flag (in this phase the blocks are eliminated), trusting that their team will defend the flag.
    It is a game in which you need to work in a team since that will lead you to victory.
  4. (You can change the word flag by core)

A game with many players

• First of all, blockwars had a large player base. I played almost daily more than 10 hours, and blockwars still hits 100 players, and even, sometimes more than tower defense.
  • While blockwars was a featured game, mineware was released as a permanent game. When that happened I thought "they want to hurt blockwars", many people would think that blockwars would be dead, but surprisingly not.
  • While tower defense hits 160-180 players, blockwars hits 130-150 players and mineware hits 80-100 players or even I got to see 120. With this I do not mean that they eliminate mineware, but the communities of blockwars and mineware are different, and in short, blockwars community is bigger.
    Why not bring back a game with many people?
2018-11-30_08.23.34.png

2018-11-30_08.23.37.png

An unique game

• Tower defense, mineware and blockwars are those games that give cubecraft an identity. They were since the server was called TheChunk, why not keep them all? They are like a family, without them cubecraft is like any other server.
  • When you do not know what to play, you can always try this game mode, the server should have more variety.

A constant game

• Blockwars was a featured game for only 10 days, something totally unfair, I know it was for Christmas but in spite of that it remained constant in its player base
  • Despite the months that have gone by without a real update BlockWars has remained alive.
  • Many of the players have left their ideas in the forum of suggestions, yes, many of them have also been ignored, but likewise, the community of blockwars continues to make threads to improve this great game.

Here you can find some threads made by the community:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/some-blockwars-suggestions.210759/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockwars-suggestions-long-post.214451/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/compilation-of-block-wars-suggestions.206007/

You can add your thread on the comments!

You can see this thread, it was very supported:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bring-block-wars-back.212629/

#BringBlockwarsBack
#SaveBlockwars

You can leave your feedback, if your vote is no please explain why.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I am personally not such a fan of blockwars, but I can see the points why this should be re-added. I am sorry for the TD players, but when BW was back it reached a higher amount of players than TD. (This may of may not be due to the game only being available for a limited of time.) In my opinion cube should replace parkour or TD with BW.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
First of all, thank you for including my threads! #BringBlockWarsBack #SaveBlockWars
I totally agree with everything you say, all of the reasons are very logic.
While I was reading this I realized something. The only reason Block Wars doesn’t get as many players as MinerWare during non-peek hours (which was a decisive factor to not make the game a permanent one) is because MinerWare requires less players to start up.
Management, if you reduce the waiting time for BlockWars and change the team balancing system at the beginning so it automatically rebalances teams without waiting an additional few seconds to wait for players to change teams Block Wars would be more dynamic, therefore more popular.
I may be a little extreme with this one, but you could also make it so Block Wars can be played with only two players. Maybe you could code it so the minimum player requirement changes throughout the hours or depending on the amount of players online.
At the end, as Block Wars took longer to start up on not so popular hours, it made the few players trying to play it leave. Making it so no games at all start. If that is changed, I am very sure Block Wars will be more popular at all hours, and more popular than MW and TD.

GabrielFoxerd

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2018
if you reduce the waiting time for BlockWars and change the team balancing system at the beginning so it automatically rebalances teams without waiting an additional few seconds to wait for players to change teams Block Wars would be more dynamic, therefore more popular.

This could work, great idea

Reactions: Eli
D

Deleted member 59979

When blockwars came back as a featured game it wasn't getting many people at all. When I tried playing it games very rarely filled and sometimes didn't even get enough people to start. I wouldn't mind having it back but from what I saw when it was a featured game, there just aren't enough people all day round for it to become permanent.

Ibraa

Novice Member
Jan 26, 2017
Virgin Islands
When blockwars came back as a featured game it wasn't getting many people at all. When I tried playing it games very rarely filled and sometimes didn't even get enough people to start. I wouldn't mind having it back but from what I saw when it was a featured game, there just aren't enough people all day round for it to become permanent.
Well it depends on the time you get online and play the game, but whatever the time is, blockwars always had more players that minerware, at peak times blockwars would get up to 90+ players at least and minerware didn't really catch up to it, I personally think it wasn't fair to make minerware a perm game without actually comparing the numbers between minerware and blockwars. So I hope staff are aware of that next time.

D

Deleted member 59979

Well it depends on the time you get online and play the game, but whatever the time is, blockwars always had more players that minerware, at peak times blockwars would get up to 90+ players at least and minerware didn't really catch up to it, I personally think it wasn't fair to make minerware a perm game without actually comparing the numbers between minerware and blockwars. So I hope staff are aware of that next time.
It doesn't matter how many people minerware was getting. That doesn't change the fact that games were not starting all day round. If minerware games aren't starting then that is a separate issue that needs to be addressed. Also, we aren't just looking at overall player counts we are looking at game starting times. It doesn't matter if a game has one player or a thousand if it takes an hour to start.

GabrielFoxerd

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2018
It doesn't matter how many people minerware was getting. That doesn't change the fact that games were not starting all day round. If minerware games aren't starting then that is a separate issue that needs to be addressed. Also, we aren't just looking at overall player counts we are looking at game starting times. It doesn't matter if a game has one player or a thousand if it takes an hour to start.

to be honest I have seen blockwars hits 0 players at the same time that mineware hits 6 players, but maybe it's because as elivat says that mineware games need less players to start

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
The easily overlooked point here is that the BlockWars player count above the NPC was actually the player count for 4 separate game modes. Core and Capture the flag across both 1.8 and 1.9 networks. When you compare this figure to the MinerWare figure you aren't comparing apples to apples. One of the biggest hurdles to get over is the number of game types for each game, the more there are, the more fragmented players are and the longer it takes games to start. With BlockWars there were some game types that I don't think started even once during the entire time they were featured (1.8 Core I think was in this boat). In the future we will feature core and ctf separately and see if the numbers change, but at this point there just isn't the player base there to keep games starting, this may change in the future though.

Shomita

Dec 29, 2016
Perú
Maybe for now there will be no BlockWars, but in the future when the server recovers the players, it can come back! Since the games will be filled quickly. I hope he comes back, I liked him a lot.

Reactions: God.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Maybe for now there will be no BlockWars, but in the future when the server recovers the players, it can come back! Since the games will be filled quickly. I hope he comes back, I liked him a lot.

When the server recorders the players? More like big if the server recovers.

The multiplayer scene in Minecraft Java has been losing players left and right. I really don't see them recovering in a big way. Especially now that there might be a better alternative on the way.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
The easily overlooked point here is that the BlockWars player count above the NPC was actually the player count for 4 separate game modes. Core and Capture the flag across both 1.8 and 1.9 networks. When you compare this figure to the MinerWare figure you aren't comparing apples to apples. One of the biggest hurdles to get over is the number of game types for each game, the more there are, the more fragmented players are and the longer it takes games to start. With BlockWars there were some game types that I don't think started even once during the entire time they were featured (1.8 Core I think was in this boat). In the future we will feature core and ctf separately and see if the numbers change, but at this point there just isn't the player base there to keep games starting, this may change in the future though.
Just add 1.9 ctf mode back, core mode is not that interesting and 1.8 didn't really fit blockwars anyways.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom