Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Man, survival sucks... For the last seven years, Minecraft has been stagnant in regards to new content surrounding combat and end-game objectives. Remember when the big Minecraft YouTubers would get millions of views a video through just survival lets-plays? I believe that these videos have since died out as much as they have, because in seven years, we've had:

-Two bosses (Enderdragon + Wither)
-One “demi-boss" that can be killed in two hits, and has no interesting drops (Guardian)
-A new and combat system that divided the community
-Enchantments

Seven years… from a team worth over $2,000,000,000. Perhaps they just have no ideas? That can’t be the case, because I came up with this idea as I was writing it. Below is a boss concept that I came up with two months ago, that I have now decided to post, in light of the recent… “update” that has came out. Perhaps Mojang will see it, and actually erm… introduce an update that’s more than a handful of blocks.

Volcano, Hellhound and Obsidian Armour

upload_2017-2-9_19-35-24.jpeg

Two big problems that I currently have with Survival Mode are:

-No new meta in seven years (Diamond armour has been the best gear in the game since launch)
-No interesting PvE content or bosses worth killing (Even beacons aren't entirely necessary, as they just give permanent potion effects). I like a challenge. In fact, Super-Hostile map lets-plays used to be my favourite things to watch

How to resolve these two issues simultaneously? Make a difficult new boss that'll reside inside a volcano, which will drop an item that can be used to craft the much desired Obsidian Armour that everybody seems to speculate will eventually be released (7+ years, no Obsidian armour, Mojang what are you waiting for??).

Just a heads up: I am a very big Mythology fan, so if I ever make any more of these “Creative Writing suggestions for Mojang” threads, expect to see a lot of Gothic Mythological monsters such as the one described below.

On to the suggestion!
The Volcano will be a very rare structure that can be found deep within the Nether that requires a Fire Resistance Potion to explore (Entering without one will result in you overheating to death very quickly). Inside the structure, you cannot mine nor place blocks, meaning that the layout that you receive is the one that you are stuck with. Magma Cubes, automatically aggressive Pigmen, Skeletons that are hot to the touch (they are red, and can only be damaged from afar) and molten zombies that'll drain your Fire Resistance will all reside within the claustrophobic corridors of the Volcano Dungeon.

The dungeon will have three floors. The deeper you get, the faster your Fire Resistance effect will begin to deplete. All the while, every time you are damaged by the molten zombies, your current Fire Resistance duration will halve itself, so don’t get swarmed by them; keep your distance. Attacking a red-hot Skeleton with physical contact (i.e. Punching, sword-swinging, axe-swinging) will result in you taking three hearts of damage, so don’t try spamming them or you’ll find yourself dead in seconds.

The boss mate!
At the end of the dungeon, will be a large, open mausoleum filled with flowing lava. Super-charged Magma cubes will spawn in this lava, and will attempt to distract you from the main fight; a Hellhound Boss. This boss will attack with melee, and will also shoot fireballs at you. As with the rest of the dungeon, the boundaries of this room cannot be augmented. The boss, like with the Molten Skeletons, cannot be attacked directly, else you'll be inflicted with major damage; you have to attack it from afar.

You will be forced to use debris around the room to space yourself from the Hellhound and avoid its special attack, Cerberus' Demise. This attack will consist of a large AoE explosion that'll instantly shatter your Fire Resistance, causing you to die extremely quickly due to the intense heat.

Once the boss reaches around 50% of its health, it'll begin to approach the lava hot spring at the back of the room, wherein its health will begin to restore. Your job is to kill as many Magma Cubes as possible, and pick up the Cooling Crystals that they drop. Throw twelve of them into the hot spring to prevent the boss from healing throughout the rest of the fight, and you will be able to kill it.

Drops:

-1x Obsidian Chunk (100%)

-3x Cerberus Head (1%)

-1x Hades book (16%)

The Cerberus Head will be a decorative item.

The Hades book will be a book that, when held, will make you immune to the Fire Aspect and Flame enchantments. This makes it a valuable item in PvP, and can be used in place of food or a shield.

The Obsidian Chunk is a material that can be surrounded with obsidian blocks to create the Obsidian Crystal, which can be attached to any piece of Diamond armour to create Obsidian Armour.

Obsidian armour will have 25% more durability to the respective Diamond counterpart, with the added effect of having a built-in Fire Resistance I benefit. Furthermore, equipping a full set of Obsidian Armour will grant you full resistance to all fire and lava damage (Or 50% resistance in the Volcano Dungeon), and will also allow you to walk on lava. Obsidian armour will not give any added defence perks to the Diamond armour counterpart.

What are your thoughts on this idea? Obviously it'll never be added by Mojang, but if it was, would you be happy about it? :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I just had another neat idea, that would introduce a wider variety of bows, incorporate Herobrine into the actual game, and add a history behind the Villager NPC's if anybody is interested in it :)

Reactions: Power Ranger

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Honestly mojang just needs to make big updates again to get people interested rather than these tiny ones we've been getting. People are still playing around with things that came out in 1.9 they don't need more updates really. What would've been awesome is if the "Exploration Update" added more than like 2 structures and added more mini bosses like your suggestion :P

I would actually really like at least something like this to be added just for the volcanoes alone :P

I don't think minecraft should have armor as op as obsidian armor though :P might be ok if it took durability from fire damage as with it people would just swim around in the nether forever :P

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I just had another neat idea, that would introduce a wider variety of bows, incorporate Herobrine into the actual game, and add a history behind the Villager NPC's if anybody is interested in it :)
^what the exploration update should've included :P
(maybe not herobrine though :3 as we wouldn't get to see "Herobrine removed" after every update)

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
well , very good suggestion and very gut text with a lot of info , and yes , i would like to see your suggestions in minecraft survival , because the most famous youtubers like Pewds started with minecraft , also don't forget HEROBRINE !!!!
Finally if you saw the last updates in MC launcher it says < - removed Herobrine > , just wtf???
sorry for the bad language !

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Man, survival sucks... For the last seven years, Minecraft has been stagnant in regards to new content surrounding combat and end-game objectives. Remember when the big Minecraft YouTubers would get millions of views a video through just survival lets-plays?
Ay, good old Ethoslab is still going on with his survival let's play! :p

Imho the problem why survival "sucks" (it actually doesn't IMHO, at all) is because it's getting too.... linear. Adventure game-ish.
You see, Minecraft is a sandbox.... you're supposed to be able to do everything you want with what you're given... So like, it would be enough to get resources to farm, mechanics to build machines around... Mobs to use in contraptions, blocks to build with. Weapons to use. It's Minecraft.... the world is in your hands. It's supposed to be atleast.
But then we get this.... thing. An ending.... When there wasn't a beginning in the first place. Then the ending lost its meaning. It's just part of the infinite progression like anything else in the game.
Then more structures get added, more things supposed to fit in a story. But there's no story. You're supposed to make your own.
It's as easy as giving more freedom of gameplay.... It's a sandbox afterall...

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Ay, good old Ethoslab is still going on with his survival let's play! :p

Imho the problem why survival "sucks" (it actually doesn't IMHO, at all) is because it's getting too.... linear. Adventure game-ish.
You see, Minecraft is a sandbox.... you're supposed to be able to do everything you want with what you're given... So like, it would be enough to get resources to farm, mechanics to build machines around... Mobs to use in contraptions, blocks to build with. Weapons to use. It's Minecraft.... the world is in your hands. It's supposed to be atleast.
But then we get this.... thing. An ending.... When there wasn't a beginning in the first place. Then the ending lost its meaning. It's just part of the infinite progression like anything else in the game.
Then more structures get added, more things supposed to fit in a story. But there's no story. You're supposed to make your own.
It's as easy as giving more freedom of gameplay.... It's a sandbox afterall...
But once you've done everything, what next? In my opinion it doesn't need a story, it just needs new things to do every now and again.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
But once you've done everything, what next?
It's all your decision! You're free to do whatever you want, invent whatever you want. People are still coming up with new redstone machines since 2011, new building styles and techniques, play styles... It has a replay value. It doesn't end unless you want it to.
And then you can start again, with new goals.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom