Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What CPU Brand

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I guess its similar to the apple/android discussion. If someone uses AMD and has never had any issues with it then why change?
0OBgCYT.jpg

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
When I started with gaming I had AMD, and my pc broke after a couple months. So stick with intel, a bit more expensive but worth it

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
They blow up at all? :p
They're different.
It's an console.
Just made for gaming it doesn't need to gather information about wifi or other programs. Not to mention that Microsoft and Sony make the CPU less powerful to prevent overheating.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
They're different.
It's an console.
Just made for gaming it doesn't need to gather information about wifi or other programs. Not to mention that Microsoft and Sony make the CPU less powerful to prevent overheating.

They customise a CPU for their needs, I highly doubt their boffins say to themselves "oh AMD are prone to overheating so let's configure them to be less powerful.
Anything has a chance of going wrong, a batch of products with the smallest of errors could cause big problems for that specific batch.
The main cause of any CPU overheating is poor care by the owner, not neglect by the manufacturers.
The bios on most computers will allow you to auto shutdown a computer if its overheating, but its only got a chance of overheating if you don't take care of it and try to do too many CPU intensive tasks.
All in all, buying a CPU all depends on what cash you have available to spend and your specific needs. AMD and Intel both have good products, just check out some reviews and compare different ones before you purchase.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
lmao alienware is nowhere near the best. they're overpriced garbage, you're only paying for the alienware brand, not the parts inside the pc.
That's true, a bit like Apple and their products. Far superior android phones, but some people just like the fact that it's an iPhone.
Best bet when looking at getting a new PC is building it yourself. Really simple to do and you get to fully tailor it to what you need/want.

GavinPlayzMCYT

Mar 5, 2016
if you want a cheap cpu that lasts for around 3 months before going up in flames, get AMD
if you want a cheap gpu that causes a global power outage on use right before turning into a puddle of molten silicon, get AMD
under any other circumstance get anything but AMD.
my AMD fx-8350 is amazing; dont go with standard cooling.

Listen; I have a full AMD build
Fx 8350
And
MSI Gaming X Rx 480 8gb
For the processor its laking in power but for a budget build where most of the cash went to the graphics card it is amazing; I can record minecraft at 60fps 16-32chunk render distance.
Again; If you go with a AMD processor either go with AMD Wraith or a Hyper 212 evo or Corsair H60I; I have never used the wraith but both of those coolers ran my CPU and 60 degrees and below.

AMD graphics cards are amazing especially at the price. But for a high end build obviously go with NVIDIA and Intel but on a budget definitley go AMD graphics and AMD processor unless you want to go i5; i5 is better but cost a lot more

Reactions: Henkle

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
my AMD fx-8350 is amazing; dont go with standard cooling.

Listen; I have a full AMD build
Fx 8350
And
MSI Gaming X Rx 480 8gb
For the processor its laking in power but for a budget build where most of the cash went to the graphics card it is amazing; I can record minecraft at 60fps 16-32chunk render distance.
Again; If you go with a AMD processor either go with AMD Wraith or a Hyper 212 evo or Corsair H60I; I have never used the wraith but both of those coolers ran my CPU and 60 degrees and below.

AMD graphics cards are amazing especially at the price. But for a high end build obviously go with NVIDIA and Intel but on a budget definitley go AMD graphics and AMD processor unless you want to go i5; i5 is better but cost a lot more
not gonna argue anymore. i prefer to pay a bit extra for higher quality products but if you have a very limited budget amd is the way to go
also 60fps is unplayable lol

GavinPlayzMCYT

Mar 5, 2016
not gonna argue anymore. i prefer to pay a bit extra for higher quality products but if you have a very limited budget amd is the way to go
also 60fps is unplayable lol

What monitor do you have; I'm looking to get a new one and assuming that you said 60fps is unplayable I think your monitor has 90+Hz

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
What monitor do you have; I'm looking to get a new one and assuming that you said 60fps is unplayable I think your monitor has 90+Hz
Monitors don't increase the FPS, the amount of RAM, GPU and CPU do.
If you're wondering I game on a Samsung smart TV

GavinPlayzMCYT

Mar 5, 2016
Monitors don't increase the FPS, the amount of RAM, GPU and CPU do.
If you're wondering I game on a Samsung smart TV
Hz is basically monitor fps. I know that FPS comes from that stuff (Sorry if that sounds harsh it's not meant to).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!