Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
F

Facelurite

Hello cubenoobs of all kinds - Blockwars plebs , Midcampers , helper wannabes, attention seekers, Goderators ,duels tryhards and Salty 4chan FFA players! It's high time Cube updated fully to 1.12.

1.8 would be supported and update would be made but they wont have the same maps as 1.12 , neither should 1.8 updates be prioritized.

Us modern combat players mustn't be punished because few want to play in 1.8. Face it , that version is slowly dying.

Think of how epic minerware , freebuild and arcade could be in glorious 1.13 - new mobs (unconfirmed) , 1.12s parrots , illusioner and
Concrete blocks . 1.11s much needed hunger mechanics and easy to use commands ; courtesy of 1.13. I propose we shut down 1.9,10and11 compatibility and support only 1.12 and eventually 1.13

As I said , 1.8 will be playable , but updates and maps wont be the same. Face it- Cube's 1.8 is bad. No anticheat , no games and no players. Let Hypixel do 1.8 , you guys do what you do best ; 1.12.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Sylaval has said:
Cube's 1.8 is bad. No anticheat , no games and no players.

What is the reason that you find Cubecraft his 1.8 bad? Cubecraft has also an anti-cheat on 1.8. There are many games on 1.8, But less than 1.9. Think to skywars, eggwars, pvp. Cubecraft has certainly players that play on 1.8!

I don't know what the reason is that you can play on 1.9-1.12 and that is the reason why I haven't an opinion of your suggestion. It is nice that you can play on so many versions on Cubecraft.

F

Facelurite

Sylaval has said:
First off , thats not my name
Sylaval has said:
Cube's 1.8 is bad. No anticheat , no games and no players.

What is the reason that you find Cubecraft his 1.8 bad? Cubecraft has also an anti-cheat on 1.8. There are many games on 1.8, But less than 1.9. Think to skywars, eggwars, pvp. Cubecraft has certainly players that play on 1.8!

I don't know what the reason is that you can play on 1.9-1.12 and that is the reason why I haven't an opinion of your suggestion. It is nice that you can play on so many versions on Cubecraft.
Secondly , I invite you to go play on 1.8 cc. See how many hackers you'll find and how long it takes to find a game.

Third, 1.12'a concrete blocks are something builders would LOVE @Unstrafeless Am I wrong? @Efcluke94 , wouldn't you scream in joy if you could make maps with glazed terracotta , concrete powder and concrete?

Those blocks are reason enough tbh. Also parrots. Llamas , these things can be used fir vanity updates ; you guys have wanted one for so long after all.

The age of jitterclick is over.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
First off , thats not my name

Secondly , I invite you to go play on 1.8 cc. See how many hackers you'll find and how long it takes to find a game.

Third, 1.12'a concrete blocks are something builders would LOVE @Unstrafeless Am I wrong? @Efcluke94 , wouldn't you scream in joy if you could make maps with glazed terracotta , concrete powder and concrete?

Those blocks are reason enough tbh. Also parrots. Llamas , these things can be used fir vanity updates ; you guys have wanted one for so long after all.

The age of jitterclick is over.
You're right that many people will love the new blocks and animals. They should to make a lot of new gagdets in te lobby and new awesome maps with these blocks. If you look it so, I agree with your suggestion, but there is maybe a reason that Cubecraft is for 1.9-1.12 (and 1.8).

Reactions: Facelurite
F

Facelurite

Previously they were 1.8 too because if the controversy surrounding change in 7 years of the same combat system but lately the overall opinion has changed . 1.12 grows in popularity by the day.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
To be honest, 1.9 already died as a supported version for servers a while ago. I currently play on 1.10.2 since my mods support it, and I can't really update the mods since the next best available version is 1.12.
Problem with 1.12 for me: Corpses in SG are invisible. I don't really like that since corpses are an extremely useful thing to have in SG, and others would have an insane advantage over you if they use them against you. I don't know what causes this, but I think it's a 1.12 + Optifine issue.
I like having backwards compatibility, but it's also a pain sometimes considering we can't really make use of the newer features, meaning we'd effectively be suffering the same issues as the servers who stick to 1.8. I wouldn't hate updating to 1.12 too much, but I can definitely see some players being annoyed.
The 1.8 network is completely separate from the 1.9+ network, and I don't necessarily think they should remove the support for 1.8 since there's plenty of people that play 1.8 Skywars and Eggwars. It's a different experience which you can't get by playing 1.10 over 1.11, or 1.9 over 1.12. 1.8 is probably the most different version from the ones above, and definitely appeals to a certain player base. There's a huge difference in playing when you're comparing 1.8 to 1.9+, but you have a minor difference in playing when you're comparing 1.9 to 1.11 or something.

In short, dropping the support for 1.8 isn't something I want to happen. Dropping the support for all versions pre-1.12 is definitely something I wouldn't hate, but the corpse bug in SG is what's keeping me from updating to 1.12 myself.

F

Facelurite

To be honest, 1.9 already died as a supported version for servers a while ago. I currently play on 1.10.2 since my mods support it, and I can't really update the mods since the next best available version is 1.12.
Problem with 1.12 for me: Corpses in SG are invisible. I don't really like that since corpses are an extremely useful thing to have in SG, and others would have an insane advantage over you if they use them against you. I don't know what causes this, but I think it's a 1.12 + Optifine issue.
I like having backwards compatibility, but it's also a pain sometimes considering we can't really make use of the newer features, meaning we'd effectively be suffering the same issues as the servers who stick to 1.8. I wouldn't hate updating to 1.12 too much, but I can definitely see some players being annoyed.
The 1.8 network is completely separate from the 1.9+ network, and I don't necessarily think they should remove the support for 1.8 since there's plenty of people that play 1.8 Skywars and Eggwars. It's a different experience which you can't get by playing 1.10 over 1.11, or 1.9 over 1.12. 1.8 is probably the most different version from the ones above, and definitely appeals to a certain player base. There's a huge difference in playing when you're comparing 1.8 to 1.9+, but you have a minor difference in playing when you're comparing 1.9 to 1.11 or something.

In short, dropping the support for 1.8 isn't something I want to happen. Dropping the support for all versions pre-1.12 is definitely something I wouldn't hate, but the corpse bug in SG is what's keeping me from updating to 1.12 myself.
Whoa , we're not deleting 1.8 , were just not prioritizing it. 1.12 will be separate. I do not know whether corpses is a 1.12 problem , cubecraft's problem or Optifine's but it will most likely be fixed in 1.13.

Tried it in 1.12.1?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Whoa , we're not deleting 1.8 , were just not prioritizing it. 1.12 will be separate. I do not know whether corpses is a 1.12 problem , cubecraft's problem or Optifine's but it will most likely be fixed in 1.13.

Tried it in 1.12.1?
Oh, near the end I thought you meant completely dropping everything prior to 1.12/1.13.
Welp, opinion still stands!
(your previous reply convinced me so)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Agreed. CCG has arguably the best builder team of any server out there, it'd be insulting to restrict their creativity to appeal to a minority that's stuck in the past. Just remove the 1.8 server all together, and put the 1.8 versions of Eggwars and Skywars on the main server.

btw, I'm eating watermelon rn

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
1.8 is not what's keeping the server from updating. They could still support 1.8 and 1.13 if they wanted.

Most servers already support only 1.7, 1.8, or 1.12 if they only support one version right now so there isn't much a reason for them to stay 1.9 other than to avoid developing the plugins for these versions. I think they should still wait until 1.13 as that will be an optimization update and would probably change the usage of many minecraft classes. If they update to 1.12 they might have to recode a lot just to get 1.13. Also waiting for 1.13 would probably be better for the build team with all the texture changes. Some things will inevitiably look better/worse between versions using the default resource pack.

Reactions: ElPtricko

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Face it- Cube's 1.8 is bad. No anticheat , no games and no players. Let Hypixel do 1.8 , you guys do what you do best ; 1.12.
I don't think that it's the Anticheat's fault. I think that the problem with 1.8 having a higher amount of Hackers is due the amount of Hacked and Ghost clients that exist for Minecraft 1.7.x and 1.8.x. Also because most server are still in 1.8. That means that most Hacked Clients are made for 1.8.

To the actual thread:
I too agree that we should update to 1.12.1 or even 1.13 when it's released. But that will take a while. One of the main reasons being the fact that Cubecraft use Home made plugins. Cubes' Devs are the ones who make them. That means that updating a plugin can create various bugs and glitches (Great example being the Armor Stands being glitched and the SG corpses bug for users not using 1.12.1). For them to fix such bugs and glitches can take a while.

That's why I suggest them to begin right now with fixing bugs instead of waiting till they actually feel like updating.

I do not seem to have that problem with 1.12.1. Weird.
They really work fine to me.
I think they should still wait until 1.13 as that will be an optimization update and would probably change the usage of many minecraft classes. If they update to 1.12 they might have to recode a lot just to get 1.13. Also waiting for 1.13 would probably be better for the build team with all the texture changes. Some things will inevitiably look better/worse between versions using the default resource pack.
Agree.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
Also, some of the bugs that Cubecraft has would be gone. Some of the bugs that CC has they can't fix. It's a minecraft problem not a server problem. Also, 1.8 is dying.
The new features that Minecraft has added to the game in there updates would be cool to have on a popular server like Cubecraft.
The main reason why I joined Cubecraft was because how up to date it was
+1 for 1.13

Reactions: A pigeon

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I definitely think they should update the server to 1.12.
Most mods do support newer versions of minecraft and the new features in 1.12 are really cool.

Instead of just keeping 1.8 they should add it to the 1.12 version, this way more people will know that a 1.8 version of cubecraft exists, since the current one is kind of hidden (in some kind of way).

Agreed. CCG has arguably the best builder team of any server out there, it'd be insulting to restrict their creativity to appeal to a minority that's stuck in the past. Just remove the 1.8 server all together, and put the 1.8 versions of Eggwars and Skywars on the main server.

I agree. Cube's building team is way better than any other i've ever seen, and their build are just impressive.
Not leeting them use newer blocks and texture would really be sad.

Also waiting for 1.13 would probably be better for the build team with all the texture changes. Some things will inevitiably look better/worse between versions using the default resource pack.
Probably true. It would be a waste of time building and developing newer updated plugins and build for 1.12, then have the need to do it all over again for 1.13.

A

A pigeon

xD why was I tagged?
PvP tryhard thats why

i hate watermelon , huh.. I'd like a watermelon themed FFA map.
1.8 isn't dying, cube is dying
Arguable. It is the only good 1.9 aerver out there. Also earth is dying. My planet.

K , they need to update their lobby. It would symbolize great change in cubecraft. Preferably a watermelon themed hub.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom