1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Newsletter / Weekly Podcast - I'm Being Nice

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JTheComputerNerd, Jul 25, 2016.

?

Do yo agree?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. JTheComputerNerd

JTheComputerNerd Member

Web Developer
    Home Page:
    I know I'm not meant to make "drama" but I need to get my point across and I will not stop until you at least take into consideration what we, the server, are asking.

Everyone that knows me knows recently I've been banned, banned for being offensive to staff. I've got my side out there which most of the staff have read, by now I hope they understand I don't mean to be offensive. Now countless times I've asked the owners/administrators to take into consideration that we need information about what is going on, For example, what's in the works, what's going to be fixed, what has been fixed, just simple stuff. We don't need every single bit of detail we just need to know that your listening and actually care about your users, I know a lot of people do care about what is happening and that you're listening to us, so I'm not just saying this because I want to cause trouble.

An Example:
    Everyone knows Runescape/Jagex, so I wont go into detail there, but they are a games company with about the same amount of daily players, they bring out small little updates to keep their users happy and they tell their users what is going on to keep them happy. They do all of this in weekly newsletters and a weekly 45 minute long podcast. I'm fully aware that Runescape have far more staff, and money income and is vastly different service, but what they do works. It only takes an hour of your time to inform us and find out what we want on the server, that is all we ask.

A Solution To The Example:
    Now obviously I'm aware that you might not want to do this and you think it's a waste of time, so I suggest hiring a new staff set, say a category that is dedicated to finding out what users want and telling them the upcoming and current news. It doesn't require many people at least one at most 3. We only ask that you just read and discuss.

Benefits To CubeCraft:
    From what I'm aware no server has ever done this, from a business stand point I have no idea why, it would increase happiness, it would increase users and it would increase staff to user interaction. It would do a lot of things for the server, that you should want from a community. Obviously there are draw backs, for example; yes it does take time, yes it could fail and be a waste of time and resources, but what is the point of having a community if you don't do something for them once in while. They are the ones that spend money on your server and pay your income.

Clarification - At the end of every post I make from now on, I will make sure I add the following:
    This post is not meant to come across as offensive or rude. To anyone that gets offended by this thread or this section. I'm sorry for that, I do not intend to offended anyone or come across as sarcastic and rude. I've made a back up of this thread that will be posted to me site in the near future.

Sincerely, James Walmsley.

Camezonda and iLoveYouu like this.
  2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    This is neat, but I'm pretty sure moderators could do it right now.

3. hgbf

hgbf Member

⎝Duck⎠
    I like the idea with the newsletter, but in my opinion a podcast would be unnecessary. There's another problem with this, and it's that upcoming games would be better kept as a secret. Why? Because some servers (mineplex) likes copying games and releasing them as their own. If they get information, they might try to release a similar game before cubecraft. Informing about future updates, however, would be quite nice.

4. JTheComputerNerd

JTheComputerNerd Member

Web Developer
    Home Page:
    A news letter would only be a verified account thing, so people from other servers less likely to copy it, yes of course people could still copy but it's not the end of the world, it comes down to who does it better anyway.

hgbf likes this.
  5. mateu9999

mateu9999 Member

Anime or Minecraft......
    What is up Cubecraft Nation welcome toooooooooooooooo CubeAlert!....
    *Jokes aside*
    Ok it sounds fun a weekly paper maybe it could be a book in Minecraft that you could open and read the news or something.. You could find it in Daily Chests :p and every week it will be enchanted so you know you didn't read it yet...
    Also... You play Runescape...?
    Didn't know that :/
    Another thing they bring out sometimes news about updates on their Twitter :/
    TacoBeFriends had a Suggestion to add NPC that bring out their Tweets on Lobbies...
    That could help...
    But I like the Newsletter idea way more :p

JTheComputerNerd likes this.
  6. iLoveYouu

iLoveYouu Mod Staff Member Moderator

I agree with you on this one to be honest. We barely get to know what happens behind the scenes, what the developers are working on and what actually gets done on a weekly basis. I feel like letting the community know what's going on will help out a lot, currently what we see is things like Freebuild, it's been in maintenance for longer than a year now? I don't even know anymore, but a lot of players ask for this game and we don't get to know anything about it, so we instantly get the feeling like they're not working on it or something. If the developers or some other people could let us know what's going on we will see what other things they're busy with etc.

I'm not even sure why the server should be scared to publish things about new gamemodes before they release it, I don't think many other servers would want to ruin their reputation by copying something and even if they are planning on copying things they'll copy it when it gets released. If we get to know more things about the new gamemodes beforehand we can also make suggestions and changes before it gets added, and you just get good feedback from people what they think of everything. Maybe it's even idea for the staff members to pick the best suggestions every week and they give an answer to what they think of the suggestion and they add a strawpoll what the players think of the suggestion. I just feel like the server should communicate way more with the community before adding things and just in general, we don't see what staff members see behind the scenes so if we complain don't blame us as that's how we see things happen.

7. TlmeLord

TlmeLord Member

Taming the wild Rororoyourboat
    First reason would probably be it being delayed by a decade (for example SkyBlock), the other would probably be other servers copying the gamemode...

Rororoyourboat likes this.
  8. iLoveYouu

iLoveYouu Mod Staff Member Moderator

They don't have to say when its going to get released, and if a big server would copy one of the features they'd probably ruin quite a bit of their reputation and else they will copy it after it gets released. Anyways I probably don't understand anything about this, but I personally just think it'd be nice if there was some more communication with the community for upcoming things and just solutions in general, but that's probably just me.