should there be a /report command?

• Yes!

• No :I

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meower808

Feb 3, 2017
Recently I have noticed there are a lot of people teaming when the shouldn't team, hacking, etc. But I would be able to live with this if I could report them immediately but I cant, to report someone I would have to stop my game if the hacker/team hasn't already killed me, find proof to give, and then put it on forums. With this procedure ahead of me I don't even bother to report the person. Other players say things like "Your going to get banned." and "I'm reporting you!" but I personally don't think either of those things are going to happen.

It would be nice if we could use a command such as /report (player) (reason) [optional: type of hacks] or /ticket (note) and then a certain player's activity could be monitored? I don't know, on most mini-game servers when I see a hacker/teamer or anyone else breaking the rules, I have /report there so I at least have some hope that I wont be seeing that player again.

p.s. the player could be monitored like I said earlier to see if they are actually hacking in later games, we wouldn't want people miss-using this command

I hope you like my idea.

Reactions: Daniel_H212

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
This command was a command around one year ago, but it got removed due the amount of fake reports. People just make a report of somebody who isn't hacking at all, and than it can be frustrating for the staff members. Altough I understand your idea I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't come back.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
This has been recommended way too many times. This was a command in Cubecraft a long time ago but it was removed due to the fake reports. I don't think this will ever be added even if players would get only 1 report on the same person.

This command was a command around one year ago, but it got removed due the amount of fake reports. People just make a report of somebody who isn't hacking at all, and than it can be frustrating for the staff members. Altough I understand your idea I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't come back.
Thanks for commenting what I was gonna say while I was typing. ;-;

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
This has been recommended way too many times. This was a command in Cubecraft a long time ago but it was removed due to the fake reports. I don't think this will ever be added even if players would get only 1 report on the same person.

Thanks for commenting what I was gonna say while I was typing. ;-;
Type faster :x
I know those kinds of situations <3

Reactions: SkoodyDood

meower808

Feb 3, 2017

I understand, but I do feel that alot of people will go un-reported. :/
There is alot of rule breaking that is never put in check...
It might also be a good idea for false reports to result in consequences.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I understand, but I do feel that alot of people will go un-reported. :/
No, you think about it wrong. The persons that don't take the time to record the rulebreakers or just can't record, ofcourse let the rulebreakers do there thing, but what you said made me think. You said they go un-reported. I don't know a single rulebreaker that goes un-reported, they just don't get reported that game. I'm sure that rulebreaker will get punished if he keels hacking the next games he plays. It will take longer to get him banned, that's right, but un-reported is a bad word in this situation. ;)

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
As long as the community keeps reporting, hackers will keep getting banned. You may not know this, but there are thousands of reports every day. As for the suggestion, I'm against it. It'll be abused too much and staff cannot join games that have already started.

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
I will agree, in some circumstances I do believe it could be helpful, though us staff are always busy and can't always be monitoring a player. I do feel that this command could possible be a thing, but with definitely a sort of system so that it isn't abused. The way you're think about it, players can abuse the command and numerous of players have suggestion this before in the past.

Reactions: _Rogue_Killer_

_Rogue_Killer_

Novice Member
Nov 25, 2016
In a land Called NYC
www.youtube.com
Recently I have noticed there are a lot of people teaming when the shouldn't team, hacking, etc. But I would be able to live with this if I could report them immediately but I cant, to report someone I would have to stop my game if the hacker/team hasn't already killed me, find proof to give, and then put it on forums. With this procedure ahead of me I don't even bother to report the person. Other players say things like "Your going to get banned." and "I'm reporting you!" but I personally don't think either of those things are going to happen.

It would be nice if we could use a command such as /report (player) (reason) [optional: type of hacks] or /ticket (note) and then a certain player's activity could be monitored? I don't know, on most mini-game servers when I see a hacker/teamer or anyone else breaking the rules, I have /report there so I at least have some hope that I wont be seeing that player again.

p.s. the player could be monitored like I said earlier to see if they are actually hacking in later games, we wouldn't want people miss-using this command

I hope you like my idea.
This has been a topic time and time again, it's a good idea but people like to spam it, it will not happen:) please check others before you post:) it was a good idea at heart though getting hackers out is always a good thing!

Firewand

Oct 19, 2016
My iphone 8
Sorry I don't mean to be mean but I'm pretty much sick of this thread.

1. It would be abused.
2. The server is to big for the mods to handle it.
3. Full stop.

Lock please... @CyanYellow

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
Sorry I don't mean to be mean but I'm pretty much sick of this thread.

1. It would be abused.
2. The server is to big for the mods to handle it.
3. Full stop.

Lock please... @CyanYellow
This is a suggestion and I do want other people to give their thoughts and opinions even though this has been suggested numerous of times in the past, so this thread will remain open.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Let me give 5reasons not to add it
1)Abuse
2)more Abuse
3)even mote abuse
4)even even more abuse
5) /report is already occupied ._.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
Too much abuse with the old /report command. I do have an idea, that may work (but is a little bit unfair to newer players... but sort of works)

Users get a certain amount of reports per 24 hours. They can not report the same person more than once an hour (or some other small time frame.) Then, after they have completed a certain amount of valid hacker reports, they are trusted. They get more reports per 24 hours, because they are most likely able to spot hackers at this point and will (hopefully) not abuse. Maybe this could keep going on and on, or just leave it at Regular -> Trusted.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Not gonna happen
5 reasons:
1)abuse
2)more abuse
3)even more abuse
4) no matter how hard you regulate it staff would ban more abusers than actual hackers
5) /report already is occupied

A

Aventador

Was abused to much with fake reports.

People were falsely accused of hacking, so its removed.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
Not gonna happen
5 reasons:
1)abuse
2)more abuse
3)even more abuse
4) no matter how hard you regulate it staff would ban more abusers than actual hackers
5) /report already is occupied
You said the exact same thing twice...
Was abused to much with fake reports.

People were falsely accused of hacking, so its removed.
I know that. I suggested something that could lower the abuse, and if the need comes, you could punish abusers (or remove their ability to report.)

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
You said the exact same thing twice...

I know that. I suggested something that could lower the abuse, and if the need comes, you could punish abusers (or remove their ability to report.)
There is no way to regule abuse on such a powerful command. It wont be added back EVER. Deal with it:cool:

A

Aventador

There is no way to regule abuse on such a powerful command. It wont be added back EVER. Deal with it:cool:
Well i wonder why it keeps being suggested every week then, if they already know that its not gonna happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
Hoi, hoe gaat het?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!🎂
Basketman wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom