Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

On a scale of 0 to 5, how useful do you believe this will be?

Votes: 11 47.8%

Votes: 6 26.1%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
According to the Cubecraft official Player Reporting Guidelines and Formatting page, there are several punishable offences that require warning before they can be reported and punished. However, players from the server come from a diverse range of ethnicities and therefore speak a wide variety of languages, and it is difficult to tell whether or not your warning was received and understood by the player being warned. Also, it takes time to type out a full warning to a player, time that is valuable in the heat of a game. Therefore, I propose the addition of a /warn command to the server, which can be used to warn players more efficiently and suitably. Please read the entire following post before making a reply.

The /warn command would work as follows: it would be a command in the format of /warn [player name] [offence].

If the /warn command is entered before it is complete with the player name, the command shall reply in the chat of the player: "The /warn command is used as follows: /warn [player name] [offence]"

If the /warn command is entered before it is complete with a possible offence, the command shall reply in the chat of the player: "The list of offences that a player may be reported for in the lobby are the following:" followed by a list of offences that are possible in the current lobby. For example, it would be impossible to warn a player for skybasing in a waiting lobby.

If the /warn command is entered complete with all the necessary information, the command will then reply in the chat of the player "You have successfully warned player [player name] for [offence=e]." Meanwhile, the server would check the warned player's setting for the language they use on the server, and give a warning to the player in the following format: "WARNING: [offence] is not allowed [on this server/in this lobby]. Please stop now or you may be reported." (This is the example in English, but the actual language used for the warning would depend on the setting the player has chosen on the server.)

This command will likely reduce the likelihood of a player being reported and banned/muted for a offence they were not aware of, as well as problems of not being able to report a rule-breaker due to language barriers. However, currently, there are not many languages available on the server. The /warn command would not be used to it's full potential until more languages are added. I have a temporary solution to this as well, though it may be a bit difficult to implement.

When a player first joins the server, the language settings immediately opens up, so that those who do not understand the default language will not have difficulty finding the setting. On one side there will be the available language, on the other side there will be a larger list of preferred languages. The page automatically closes and reopens whenever the choice for the preferred language is changed, except translated to the preferred language chosen. If the preferred language is one of the available languages, the available language is automatically changed as well. Whenever the player logs back in, the server will check to see if the preferred language is now an available language, and change the language setting to suit the player's needs.

The preferred language setting of the player, if it is not fully available, will only be used on the language selection page, so that the player understands what the setting means, as well as when a player receives a warning in-game. These translations are much less work than to make a full translation for the entire server, especially because the syntax of the warning is simple. Therefore, it would be possible for all players to be properly warned in their language of choice.

Of course, the /warn command would still be a very useful command to have, even if the second part of my suggestion, the addition of more languages specifically for warnings, could not be completed. Most players on the server speak 1 or more of the languages currently available, and it would be a massive improvement if players were able to warn others and be understood correctly.

Thank you for the attention.

Reactions: Despacito 2

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
While i think this is a good idea, it would be abused so much. The problem is players could false warn others or spam the command. I do not think this would be a good thing to add. Also the warning requires the player name and usually the players will try to translate what you said since you mentioned their name, that has been my experience. Sorry, but I am fully against this command being added.
As for adding more language, that would be nice since their are a lot of people on the server that are different languages so I am for this idea.

Reactions: FluffyRoses

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
omfg, does this really need to be a thing, mmm i wonder how i can warn someone, oh i know, type in the chat "do not swear Pungi, 1/3", if you they are spanish then just go on google translate and send that. Anyway this will just get abused just like /report did and will be removed quickly once it is added.

Reactions: Quake_02

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Why should this be a thing. Like @Pingu_ said, you can just type "Do not swear (Playername)". That isn't so difficult. It will also be abused like Pingu said again.

However, players from the server come from a diverse range of ethnicities and therefore speak a wide variety of languages, and it is difficult to tell whether or not your warning was received and understood by the player being warned.
Well, if you report someone, you can choose what languages your report is. You have choices out of: English, Spanish, Dutch and Others. I think they will understand the warning then. ;)

t takes time to type out a full warning to a player, time that is valuable in the heat of a game.
And typing /warn (player) (offence) doesn't take time to type? I think that should take more time then just typing "Do not swear".

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
According to the Cubecraft official Player Reporting Guidelines and Formatting page, there are several punishable offences that require warning before they can be reported and punished. However, players from the server come from a diverse range of ethnicities and therefore speak a wide variety of languages, and it is difficult to tell whether or not your warning was received and understood by the player being warned. Also, it takes time to type out a full warning to a player, time that is valuable in the heat of a game. Therefore, I propose the addition of a /warn command to the server, which can be used to warn players more efficiently and suitably. Please read the entire following post before making a reply.

The /warn command would work as follows: it would be a command in the format of /warn [player name] [offence].

If the /warn command is entered before it is complete with the player name, the command shall reply in the chat of the player: "The /warn command is used as follows: /warn [player name] [offence]"

If the /warn command is entered before it is complete with a possible offence, the command shall reply in the chat of the player: "The list of offences that a player may be reported for in the lobby are the following:" followed by a list of offences that are possible in the current lobby. For example, it would be impossible to warn a player for skybasing in a waiting lobby.

If the /warn command is entered complete with all the necessary information, the command will then reply in the chat of the player "You have successfully warned player [player name] for [offence=e]." Meanwhile, the server would check the warned player's setting for the language they use on the server, and give a warning to the player in the following format: "WARNING: [offence] is not allowed [on this server/in this lobby]. Please stop now or you may be reported." (This is the example in English, but the actual language used for the warning would depend on the setting the player has chosen on the server.)

This command will likely reduce the likelihood of a player being reported and banned/muted for a offence they were not aware of, as well as problems of not being able to report a rule-breaker due to language barriers. However, currently, there are not many languages available on the server. The /warn command would not be used to it's full potential until more languages are added. I have a temporary solution to this as well, though it may be a bit difficult to implement.

When a player first joins the server, the language settings immediately opens up, so that those who do not understand the default language will not have difficulty finding the setting. On one side there will be the available language, on the other side there will be a larger list of preferred languages. The page automatically closes and reopens whenever the choice for the preferred language is changed, except translated to the preferred language chosen. If the preferred language is one of the available languages, the available language is automatically changed as well. Whenever the player logs back in, the server will check to see if the preferred language is now an available language, and change the language setting to suit the player's needs.

The preferred language setting of the player, if it is not fully available, will only be used on the language selection page, so that the player understands what the setting means, as well as when a player receives a warning in-game. These translations are much less work than to make a full translation for the entire server, especially because the syntax of the warning is simple. Therefore, it would be possible for all players to be properly warned in their language of choice.

Of course, the /warn command would still be a very useful command to have, even if the second part of my suggestion, the addition of more languages specifically for warnings, could not be completed. Most players on the server speak 1 or more of the languages currently available, and it would be a massive improvement if players were able to warn others and be understood correctly.

Thank you for the attention.

I belive this is for staff to warn other users about team trolling etc. But if we had it people would troll others and stack up warning's and get them banned.
I'm not even sure if we even have /warn or if its something else.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
How will this help people who speak different languages if the /warn command is in English? Also, chat warnings aren't that hard to do.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Typing messages like
Don't swear [insert name here]
Don't spam
Don't be rude
Don't advertise
When hitting tab can fill in their name is easier than typing
/warn [insert name here] spamming
People would also abuse this warning everyone for no reason and spamming people with it

Reactions: Siftenly

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
This will get abused by players and is why it won't get added. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Secondly, we as staff members already have the ability to do so when required. It is best to warn players verbally in chat and then report them.

Dynasty_Nyan

Dec 31, 2016
In my opinion is a very good idea, but the others are right! This command will get abused as fast as the command "/report" and will be removed as soon as possible.:(

It was a very good idea, continue with the good ones!:D
A cordial greeting,
Dynasty_Nyan.:cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN > Dynasty_Nyan
Rank > Obsidian
[YouTube]: my channel

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I simply don't understand how it would cause abuse. Players are already able to warn other players and are they abusing it?
I actually don't know. And I also haven't heard of any players abusing personal warns before. So how different would a command be to cause abuse of it?

On the other hand. You could simply say "Don't swear."/"Don't team" or just download a Macro mod like some staff/players have.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I simply don't understand how it would cause abuse. Players are already able to warn other players and are they abusing it?
I actually don't know. And I also haven't heard of any players abusing personal warns before. So how different would a command be to cause abuse of it?
That's what I thought. People could get reported and muted for spamming the command as they would for spamming the message in the regular chat.
Although the formatting would have to include the player that warns you, such as "%player warns you: no team noov".
On the other hand. You could simply say "Don't swear."/"Don't team" or just download a Macro mod like some staff/players have.
The benefit is that it would be translated so they can understand it. Also the formatting makes it more obvious to the player that they have been warned.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom