Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
Anticheat is broken?

Hello, I am new to these forums, but not new to forums overall nor am I new to cube craft. I am aware that forums can be an upsetting place full of harsh criticism, so please don't send any hate or anything. I have read all the rules, and to my knowledge, it is not illegal to write a thread like this. I may be in the wrong thread though, and if so, please move it to the correct place - thanks.

I am writing this thread to try and point out how bad the anti cheat is. Before I begin, I am not appealing in this thread as I have already done that and was rejected. But just to make it clear, and while no one can ever know for sure, I know that I am innocent. And as I know that I am innocent and I have been banned, I want everyone to know that the anti-cheat needs fixing.

Firstly, I was playing egg wars yesterday with my friends. It had been a while since we had played Minecraft, CSGO was boring and so was all the other games I had. When we got on, we had a ton of fun, just like we did a year or two ago. Then, out of the blue, I was banned while helping my friend get across a bridge. I appealed to the forums and got rejected, then I asked support what to do. A friendly forum user known as icheeetah told me to ask CrazymanJR on discord for help. So I did just that.

CrazymanJR responded the next day asking for my username. Once he received the info, he stated that I was 'definitely using illegal modifications'. As I said before, you can never know for sure if someone is hacking. And me just knowing myself that I'm innocent doesn't provide any evidence. However, there isn't any evidence that I did hack besides the anti cheat allegation which is, to my belief, broken. It's just upsetting when you know other hackers who get off scot free then you get 'definitely' accused of using modifications.

In my opinion, I have been dealt with unfairly. I have had no information on what hack I was supposedly using. I am not trying to disrespect cube craft nor CrazymanJR. I believe he is a respectful developer who responded quick enough and asked for my username so he could investigate.

If I have been apparently using illegal modifications, that means many people might have apparently been using illegal modifications. And therefore, many people might have been banned unfairly without ever hacking. To help back up this whole problem, Here is a link to a thread which stated there was an anti hack glitch in egg wars, the game I was playing:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/anti-cheat-false-banning-people.193813/

I really think the moderators need to take this into account when viewing appeals. It highlights all the false sentinel bans. This ban isn't a huge deal to me. I just don't like it being on my record. It means that I look worse than I actually am. And to be banned unfairly, and to appeal twice with no success, it really hits you hard and is quite upsetting.

CrazymanJR also informed me that the ban happens in waves. Before the ban, I already had a few games of egg wars, so I suspect when I was spectating, it was noted down in the anti hack.

I hope this thread is met with in a positive way. Usually, when I make a thread on most forums, they are locked or rejected. I am genuinely trying to make a statement that I, and many other people have been banned unfairly.

Please feel free to comment your own opinions and experiences.

False eggwar ban links:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/randomly-banned-today-and-appeal-denied.194809/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/anti-cheat-false-banning-people.193813/

Edit: I use optifine and also I played a lot of the eggwars parkour track. Just some extra information that may end up useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
If crazy checked the sentinel logs about your user, and said that you definently hacked then either there is some insane glitch that no one knows about or you were hacking. You could also be using a mod that gives you an advantage over others, which you might think is allowed.

A lot of threads have been made stating that the anti cheat is not working properly or something.
I highly encourage you to go check out one of the more recent ones to see how everyone responded, and think of the anti cheat. I know there is a lot of negative comments about it, but also some positive which are all worth reading in my opinion.
Also, just because the anti cheat isn't perfect doesn't mean it's bad, it's impossible to make a perfect anti-cheat.

Reactions: CubeTale

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
If crazy checked the sentinel logs about your user, and said that you definently hacked then either there is some insane glitch that no one knows about or you were hacking. You could also be using a mod that gives you an advantage over others, which you might think is allowed.

A lot of threads have been made stating that the anti cheat is not working properly or something.
I highly encourage you to go check out one of the more recent ones to see how everyone responded, and think of the anti cheat. I know there is a lot of negative comments about it, but also some positive which are all worth reading in my opinion.
Also, just because the anti cheat isn't perfect doesn't mean it's bad, it's impossible to make a perfect anti-cheat.

Hey thanks for the reply. I agree it isn't possible to make a perfect anticheat. However, if many people are stating it isn't working correctly, maybe it needs an update.

Also I happen to be using optifine, could that be the reason?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
It isn't even a finished anti-cheat
It is slightly being updated every day

To answer your question
Of course multiple other people have been banned falsely
But as I said the anti-cheat isn't finished yet

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
No, optifine is an allowed mod because it only increases a players fps and it doesn't give you an unfair advantage over your opponent.
You can view the allowed mod list here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/list-of-allowed-mods.122155/

Thanks for the info!

It isn't even a finished anti-cheat
It is slightly being updated every day

To answer your question
Of course multiple other people have been banned falsely
But as I said the anti-cheat isn't finished yet

Ok, well if that is the case, maybe the moderators and owner need to take this into account. Perhaps setup a temporary system where moderators watch over some games. Or just keep the anti cheat and give people a chance if they appeal.

I know that I haven't cheated, and being banned is so annoying. This ban is like my first official ban on any game. And being told that I have 'definitely used illegal modifications' really frustrated me. I've owned a server before, I know how annoying it can be, but I would never state that I am absolutely sure someone is hacking. It may well be an insane glitch, and if so, it needs to be dealt with better than just a temporary ban with no remorse. A 7 day ban is not acceptable for an 'imperfect anti cheat'.

Cubecraft is a good server, and letting little stuff like this happen can potentially have a huge impact. My respect for this server is definitely declining, and if other players who have wrongfully been banned feel the same, Cubecraft could deal with a lot of hate.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Thanks for the info!

Ok, well if that is the case, maybe the moderators and owner need to take this into account. Perhaps setup a temporary system where moderators watch over some games. Or just keep the anti cheat and give people a chance if they appeal.

I know that I haven't cheated, and being banned is so annoying. This ban is like my first official ban on any game. And being told that I have 'definitely used illegal modifications' really frustrated me. I've owned a server before, I know how annoying it can be, but I would never state that I am absolutely sure someone is hacking. It may well be an insane glitch, and if so, it needs to be dealt with better than just a temporary ban with no remorse. A 7 day ban is not acceptable for an 'imperfect anti cheat'.

Cubecraft is a good server, and letting little stuff like this happen can potentially have a huge impact. My respect for this server is definitely declining, and if other players who have wrongfully been banned feel the same, Cubecraft could deal with a lot of hate.

They have
What make you think they haven't
As I said not finished he anti-cheat, but they are working on fixing it in small bits very commonly
It isn't exactly a 1 day project it takes a lot of time
Also to compare the amount of angry threads recently to now There have been way less false bans

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
They have
What make you think they haven't
As I said not finished he anti-cheat, but they are working on fixing it in small bits very commonly
It isn't exactly a 1 day project it takes a lot of time
Also to compare the amount of angry threads recently to now There have been way less false bans

Nothing makes me think they haven't been fixing it. I'm just confused that they aren't taking into account the fake bans with the anti cheat. I appealed twice and was rejected twice. Whether they're fixing it or not, they have not considered the damage it can cause while still being repaired. I had to play skywars on hypixel which sucks. And I'm being punished while I am totally innocent. As I said before, there's no way to tell if I'm lying or not which is why they need to take into account the false bans. And also maybe cut people some slack who have been playing egg wars. From some quick research, I've noticed egg wars is the only game that is currently having problems with anticheat recently - I think. This information has not been noted down during my appeal to my knowledge.

And even if the amount of threads are less, they're still recent and they still exist. So while the amount of false bans have minimised, I still don't believe people, including me, have been dealt with fairly. I mean... 7 days for a temporary ban? If the anticheat is still being fixed, they should at least decrease the tempban time and make sure it doesn't go down in records.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Well the Data said you were hacking even if the facts may not line up
The data Sentinel got which was legitimate data from your Sentinel logs says you were
When you got banned were you butterfly clicking (spam clicking on both the left and right sides of the mouse)

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
Well the Data said you were hacking even if the facts may not line up
The data Sentinel got which was legitimate data from your Sentinel logs says you were
When you got banned were you butterfly clicking (spam clicking on both the left and right sides of the mouse)

Butterfly clicking? I was using a triple click feature a couple of times that is a macro that my mouse uses. I use the Roccat Kova. However this is just an addiction that I used in the past on Star wars battlefront 3. Spamming it on guns felt like it was more effective. It is not effective on Minecraft due to the cooldown feature. The ban happens in waves so I may have performed the action subconsciously.

Just saying, bringing up something like butterfly clicking which I've never heard of is one step into solving why I was banned so thank you. The whole reason I am worked up about this is because it was an unfair ban and if the data thinks I was hacking then there is something wrong with sentinel that could ruin other peoples experiences.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Butterfly clicking? I was using a triple click feature a couple of times that is a macro that my mouse uses. I use the Roccat Kova. However this is just an addiction that I used in the past on Star wars battlefront 3. Spamming it on guns felt like it was more effective. It is not effective on Minecraft due to the cooldown feature. The ban happens in waves so I may have performed the action subconsciously.

Just saying, bringing up something like butterfly clicking which I've never heard of is one step into solving why I was banned so thank you. The whole reason I am worked up about this is because it was an unfair ban and if the data thinks I was hacking then there is something wrong with sentinel that could ruin other peoples experiences.
You can read all about Sentinel here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/introducing-sentinel.185224/

Reactions: Squimbles

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
Thanks so much for this. I have now told crazymanjr on discord about this. This was most likely the cause. I hope he finally reconsiders his decision. Even if it isn't the reason, the thread states:

We all make mistakes though, Sentinel will too!

Butterfly clicking/using macros is a bannable offence on our server. Having insane amounts of CPS will cause Sentinel to false ban you. According to what I've seen so far on the conversation, I think this might be the cause.

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
Butterfly clicking/using macros is a bannable offence on our server. Having insane amounts of CPS will cause Sentinel to false ban you. According to what I've seen so far on the conversation, I think this might be the cause.

Thankyou, I wasn't aware of this. I do ignore the chat often and therefore might miss any rules and regulations.

However something like butterfly clicking which is so easy to do by accident shouldn't be bannable with the new cooldown update. I don't know what advantages it can provide. I hope crazymanJR responds soon. I really want this lifted from my record if possible.

Thankyou, I wasn't aware of this. I do ignore the chat often and therefore might miss any rules and regulations.

However something like butterfly clicking which is so easy to do by accident shouldn't be bannable with the new cooldown update. I don't know what advantages it can provide. I hope crazymanJR responds soon. I really want this lifted from my record if possible.
It's not really like staff want you to get banned for butterfly clicking. It's just that it gives you a really high cps just like auto clickers and other illegal modifications, so the anti-cheat doesn't really see the difference between butterfly clicking and an illegal modification that well. Butterfly clicking is also not reportable. It's just recommend to not butterfly click to avoid getting banned for this meaningless reason. It's not really useful in 1.9+ anyways so it's against the Cubecraft rules (It's probably the best this way).

Squimbles

Aug 7, 2017
It's not really like staff want you to get banned for butterfly clicking. It's just that it gives you a really high cps just like auto clickers and other illegal modifications, so the anti-cheat doesn't really see the difference between butterfly clicking and an illegal modification that well. Butterfly clicking is also not reportable. It's just recommend to not butterfly click to avoid getting banned for this meaningless reason. It's not really useful in 1.9+ anyways so it's against the Cubecraft rules (It's probably the best this way).

Makes sense, thank you for the info. I guess I'll consider removing the double click macro feature to avoid future problems.

Reactions: CubeTale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
Top Bottom