Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello there!

The recent /report update just released, giving access to /report to a lot more players, which is very nice!
Limiting the amount of times /report can be used every day is a smart decision! It will let players think twice about making a report.

However, there is a big chance that there will be false reports, or too many reports to handle for the few staff that are active on Cubecraft. This might lead into a potential remove of the ability to use /report for any non plus rank. But before we get to that point, I'd like to make this suggestion (like some other members did, even before this update):

Make /report only available for the people that have an X amount of reports handled on the reports website and people with the Plus rank.

I'd suggest that people with 100 reports handled will have access this command.

-This will also encourage people to report others on the report site, so they would have access to the /report command.
-It will decrease the amount of false reports.
-These people know what is against the rules and what isn't.
-People with the Plus rank will feel more unique again.

Any opinions? I'd love to know why you would (not) agree to this!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hello there!

The recent /report update just released, giving access to /report to a lot more players, which is very nice!
Limiting the amount of times /report can be used every day is a smart decision! It will let players think twice about making a report.

However, there is a big chance that there will be false reports, or too many reports to handle for the few staff that are active on Cubecraft. This might lead into a potential remove of the ability to use /report for any non plus rank. But before we get to that point, I'd like to make this suggestion (like some other members did, even before this update):

Make /report only available for the people that have an X amount of reports handled on the reports website and people with the Plus rank.

-This will also encourage people to report others on the report site, so they would have access to the /report command.

Completely agree. Additionally, in the update thread Camezonda said adding /report for non-plus players was a community suggestion. And yes, it was. But the most well made ones and the ones that got most support where the ones that explicitly specified there should be a restriction to who uses /report and who doesn’t: handled reports.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Completely agree. Additionally, in the update thread Camezonda said adding /report for non-plus players was a community suggestion. And yes, it was. But the most well made ones and the ones that got most support where the ones that explicitly specified there should be a restriction to who uses /report and who doesn’t: handled reports.
I had the exact same thing in mind when reading the thread!

ItsMaxxie

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2017
Hello there!

Good idea

Reactions: SanCookie

WhoLetTheJakeOut

Oct 15, 2016
Hello there!

Reporting rulebreakers for not only to help the community but also for achieving a goal (100 handled reports) and an extra command for reports sounds great in my ears, but how are they're able to implement it? I'm maybe sounding stupid since I don't know the technical stuff about this, but how will they be able to give you the permissions and stuff? Will we have to create another department on the forums for requests for the command?

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Reporting rulebreakers for not only to help the community but also for achieving a goal (100 handled reports) and an extra command for reports sounds great in my ears, but how are they're able to implement it? I'm maybe sounding stupid since I don't know the technical stuff about this, but how will they be able to give you the permissions and stuff? Will we have to create another department on the forums for requests for the command?
Good question! I'm guessing that it could be linked with your report account (remember when you had to do /registerreports) in some way, the developers have made some pretty interesting stuff so I'm sure this isn't a hard task! :)

Chadowen

Novice Member
Feb 2, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello there!

I agree, besides plus rank, getting access to /report by X reports handled is a great idea
I love it <3

Er3bos

Dec 4, 2015
Hello there!

Yea i'd really love it

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
Great idea!

The first thing that came to mind when reading Camezonda's thread about the new update was: "How in the world is the staff going to deal with all reports they'll get in-game?"
I think the amount of reports going to be submitted in-game will be ridiculously high, way too high for staff to actually handle all of them, and not to mention that probably ¼th of all the the submitted reports will be fake due to the fact that most of those reports will be created by some salty twelve-year-old kids trying to report legit players because they can't stand theirs loss or don't know the rules at all. Or simply because they think it's funny to report their friends for no good reason.
(That's also how it used to go back in the old days of CubeCraft. It's the reason why they removed this feature in the first place.)

Only granting people who are actually dedicated to the server and to the report site acces to this command might be a good solution to this problem.
But like you said: this command should be kept as a future for Plus subscribers as well.

stippedbarbie69

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2019
Netherlands
Hello there!

I agree with u

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
The first thing that came to mind when reading Camezonda's thread about the new update was: "How in the world is the staff going to deal with all reports they'll get in-game?"
Exactly! And even more when it's a busy time for staff (exams, school, ...).

Reactions: Josher
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
Top Bottom