Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
/votekick in tower defense has already caused a loz of controversy but today I will suggest to remove it.

So I was recently playing tower defense and as almost everyone does upgrading my towers at the front to increase my gold income. The other team noticed this and started mocking my team in global chat about it. Then my team votekicked me.

So why was /votekick implemented. As you know tower defence is a game from the chunk but after the chunk merged with cubecraft it was put onto here. /votekick was added as a protection method against trollers that placed towers ineffeciently and occupied spots with intentionally bad placed towers. Thats what I belive is the reason
@Mac you were,as far as i know the owner of the chunk. Can you tell us why it was implemented. Mine is just a theory.

So why should we remove it.
I have gotten into so many games and as usual taken the best places at the front with my artillery towers to have a good gold income. My other team members were all friends and salty that I took those spots and votekicked me. That is not the original intention of /votekick. Recently a player out of my team was kicked because he placed 2 mages next to each other. But he didnt know how the game work. That is still not the intention of votekicking.
Recently 3 members in my team were spamming mages everywhere and intentionally so that you couldnt place any other towers. Since they were 3 we couldn't get the majority needed for a votekick.

So lets sum it up
-salty players kick players occuping the good spots
-players kick new players because they dont know how the game works giving new players a bad experience
-trollers just go as groups and since a majority is required you cant votekick them.
So /votekick rarely helps.
Now lets get to the counter arguments:
-Then what should be done about the trollers. Simple: Make bad towet placement bannable. Before anyone goes commenting "But then new players will be banned a lot". I am not done. To get someone banned for bad tower placement you need to give them 3 warnings. Each warning at least 30 seconds after the other and you have to explain why its bad. If someone then doesnt stop its his/her own fault. Forcing the tutorial once would help. Also giving players a warning when placing mages poison or ice next to each other. And even if it cost me a win. I would rather lose more game then getting votekicked every 3rd game. Also trollers always find a way to troll the team. If /votekick inside your team was as a pfotection then all team games would get /votekick with that explanation.
-eggwars: spleefer and hoggers
-skywars: spleefers or just simply killing yourself.
etc.

I think everyone gets a point. The reasoning for tower defence to have / votekick would also apply to any other team game.

N

Nikboo

I currently am not a fan of the warning system as players who don't understand english may find it difficult to understand your warnings. However, this would probably take warnings too far.
Many Dutch players who do not understand english and who have recently started playing Tower Defence would be disadvantaged.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I currently am not a fan of the warning system as players who don't understand english may find it difficult to understand your warnings. However, this would probably take warnings too far.
Many Dutch players who do not understand english and who have recently started playing Tower Defence would be disadvantaged.
But the warning by the plugin(which could be translated to dutch) they should understand. But ok you got a point. However there are still enough arguments against /votekick to remove it.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on Fodjdkd999's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member! :D
Reesle wrote on jtdogzone6843's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! :)
UncleSpect wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
Top Bottom