Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Deconator

May 21, 2016
Hi i was wondering if you could add like a /votekick [player] option to eggwars like they have in tower defence. I just played a game of teaparty and there is 1 gold generator on our island. I wanted to rush and destroy eggs with a diamond pickaxe but i couldnt because this guy on our team just sat on it and went afk.
Please add a feature where if say the entire team does /votekick [player] then the person could either be removed or given a warning or something.
Thanks

Reactions: CommandantSlime

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I would hate this very much.
For many reasons...

1) People could just kick the last guy and win, unless there were some other options and stuff.
2) People could just kick the most stacked guy in the game and eliminate that threat.
3) Peope would abuse this so much, if someone got killed, they would /votekick him because he killed him.

I would like this because...

1) You could kick hackers out of your game unless they get Sentinel banned
2) You could kick extreme campers, not normal ones because you could kill normal ones (acually maybe normal ones)
3) Kick people who are disrespectful to other players, such as swearing, death threats, etc.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
For many reasons...

1) People could just kick the last guy and win, unless there were some other options and stuff.
2) People could just kick the most stacked guy in the game and eliminate that threat.
3) Peope would abuse this so much, if someone got killed, they would /votekick him because he killed him.

2) You could kick extreme campers, not normal ones because you could kill normal ones (acually maybe normal ones)
3) Kick people who are disrespectful to other players, such as swearing, death threats, etc.
What he is saying is that players in a team can do /votekick for afk players in that same team.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I would like this suggestion if the /votekick would only work for afk players and if the whole team voted for him to go. This means that the server should detect him to not have moved for over 2 or 3 minutes. But im not even sure if i like that, because what if you have to go to the toilet, then you come back and your kicked from a game that was going so well, only because you were afk at your base at the diamond generator that you had just started up.
I don't like this so much, as it might be used for trolling and players will get real mad.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I suggested a similar feature in a post I made myself, and I have to say, it is not as simple as you think. This feature can be abused, and sometimes, a few people will decide to vote in favor of the person hogging the generator, so it is not a perfect solution.

Specifically for the scenario where an afk player is hogging the generator. A player will start with /votekick [playername] afk, and a message will be shown to all players (not including the person who is afk) for them to cast their vote. Other players will simply have to repeat the same command as above to kick the offending player. No vote automatically counts as a vote against kicking. Note that as soon as the player moves for more than 5 seconds, the votes are reset.

I believe that to prevent abuse as much as possible, you need a lot of votes to kick a player. You can only use /votekick on a player who has been afk for more than 1 minute. I can make a chart for a time vs. vote requirement chart below:
Afk time (in minutes): Minimum # of /votekick required: Minimum percentage of votes:
1 5 100%
2 4 90%
3 3 80%
4 3 70%
5 2 60%
6 2 50%
7 2 40%
8 1 30%
9 1 30%
10 1 30%
Values continue to be the same afterward
These values are adjusted to prevent trolling, and also the accommodate maps with less players per team, or teams that had few members to begin with.

Another idea is that a similar method could be used on team games to kick team griefers and annoying teammates. Types of detectable team-offense is as follows:
1. Repeated breaking of blocks in the same location when the blocks were placed by teammates*. (/votekick [playername] griefing)
2. Repeated placements of blocks to obstruct a teammate's way, detected by their teammate's repeated attempts to destroy a block*. (/votekick [playername] blocking/obstructing)
3. Using offensive language in team chat or chat spam. (/votekick [playername] swearing/spam)
4. Placing tnt to destroy blocks placed by teammates. (/votekick [playername] tnt)
This detection, of course, will be handled by sentinel. The minimum number and percentage of votes required to kick a player depends on how the frequency and number of times a player was detected to commit an offense, like above.

*Number 1 and number 2 cannot be a reason to kick a player on a team with 2 players, as one player can /votekick the other for griefing, while the other can /votekick the first player for obstructing.

Reactions: ElPtricko

Noochie705

Apr 13, 2017
Hi i was wondering if you could add like a /votekick [player] option to eggwars like they have in tower defence. I just played a game of teaparty and there is 1 gold generator on our island. I wanted to rush and destroy eggs with a diamond pickaxe but i couldnt because this guy on our team just sat on it and went afk.
Please add a feature where if say the entire team does /votekick [player] then the person could either be removed or given a warning or something.
Thanks
I do see your point here, but then again if the person that was hogging the gen got kicked, he would be mad probably. Also they may not do it on purpose, like they could just be sitting there afk.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I suggested a similar feature in a post I made myself, and I have to say, it is not as simple as you think. This feature can be abused, and sometimes, a few people will decide to vote in favor of the person hogging the generator, so it is not a perfect solution.

Specifically for the scenario where an afk player is hogging the generator. A player will start with /votekick [playername] afk, and a message will be shown to all players (not including the person who is afk) for them to cast their vote. Other players will simply have to repeat the same command as above to kick the offending player. No vote automatically counts as a vote against kicking. Note that as soon as the player moves for more than 5 seconds, the votes are reset.

I believe that to prevent abuse as much as possible, you need a lot of votes to kick a player. You can only use /votekick on a player who has been afk for more than 1 minute. I can make a chart for a time vs. vote requirement chart below:
Afk time (in minutes): Minimum # of /votekick required: Minimum percentage of votes:
1 5 100%
2 4 90%
3 3 80%
4 3 70%
5 2 60%
6 2 50%
7 2 40%
8 1 30%
9 1 30%
10 1 30%
Values continue to be the same afterward
These values are adjusted to prevent trolling, and also the accommodate maps with less players per team, or teams that had few members to begin with.

Another idea is that a similar method could be used on team games to kick team griefers and annoying teammates. Types of detectable team-offense is as follows:
1. Repeated breaking of blocks in the same location when the blocks were placed by teammates*. (/votekick [playername] griefing)
2. Repeated placements of blocks to obstruct a teammate's way, detected by their teammate's repeated attempts to destroy a block*. (/votekick [playername] blocking/obstructing)
3. Using offensive language in team chat or chat spam. (/votekick [playername] swearing/spam)
4. Placing tnt to destroy blocks placed by teammates. (/votekick [playername] tnt)
This detection, of course, will be handled by sentinel. The minimum number and percentage of votes required to kick a player depends on how the frequency and number of times a player was detected to commit an offense, like above.

*Number 1 and number 2 cannot be a reason to kick a player on a team with 2 players, as one player can /votekick the other for griefing, while the other can /votekick the first player for obstructing.

I like the top part, but not the bottom. Sometimes I use TNT and destroy my own teams buildings. Maybe an enemy team is rushing our bridge, and that's the best way to stop them? What if you're holding TNT and misclick? (That has happened to me more than once.)

Reactions: Daniel_H212

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
I like the top part, but not the bottom. Sometimes I use TNT and destroy my own teams buildings. Maybe an enemy team is rushing our bridge, and that's the best way to stop them? What if you're holding TNT and misclick? (That has happened to me more than once.)

If there were a reason for you to destroy the bridge, just explain to your teammates. If they are smart, they will be thankful and would not /votekick you. If you did do it to troll your team, then you should be kicked.

If you are holding tnt, and you misclick, it wouldn't be too big of a problem. You need to at least destroy a certain amount of blocks, plus place at least 2-3 tnt for your teammates to try to /votekick you. At that point, you will need at least 5 teammates voting to kick you and 100% of the votes of every other player on your team. You would need to place a lot more tnt and destroy a lot more blocks for people to be able to kick you with a few votes. Most people are reasonable and would forgive you for a small mistake.

abalone2

Apr 18, 2017
YES this is a great idea! WE NEED VOTEKICK! WE NEED VOTEKICK! WE NEED VOTEKICK! WE NEED VOTEKICK! WE NEED VOTEKICK!
(Sorry for spam)

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
For many reasons...

The person meant /vote kick to kick afk generator hoggers on people's own teams. /vote kick can never be implemented for use against people not part of your team, for the reasons you stated.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
The person meant /vote kick to kick afk generator hoggers on people's own teams. /vote kick can never be implemented for use against people not part of your team, for the reasons you stated.
Yes i know, like @Gabriel7Patrick said.
But what they should really do is add a feature to have a "5 minute afk auto-kick" thing.

Before you say "What if they are in the restroom it wont be fair", they could go before hand.
TBH im not even sure about the auto-kick afk thing myself, even though i brought it up, mainly because if the player has a family emergency...

Reactions: ElPtricko

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
Yes i know, like @Gabriel7Patrick said.
But what they should really do is add a feature to have a "5 minute afk auto-kick" thing.

Before you say "What if they are in the restroom it wont be fair", they could go before hand.
TBH im not even sure about the auto-kick afk thing myself, even though i brought it up, mainly because if the player has a family emergency...

I believe there is a time-out, but the time is very long. I do understand if someone has to go afk in the middle of a game, as I have had to do so many times. Coincidentally, all those games were games in which I was dominating the entire lobby for my team, and when I went afk, it was the only time when the other teams got some breathing room. I still won all those games, but they were more fun, because the other teams had diamonds, whereas if I didn't go afk at base and stayed mid, no other teams would have had diamonds...

D

Deleted member 204478

Teammates can be a pain in the butt sometimes, if not, ALL the time.
I don't come across gen hoggers too often in eggwars, surprisingly.
But I just have a feeling people will abuse this if they are in a whole group or someone votes and another person does it and another person, so it may be like a chain or something.
Meh, if I do see one, I mainly just try and deal with them and do something else like get gold for the egg etc.
Overall I don't think this should be added.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom