Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I just thought this needed to be pointed out, because I think this issue needs to be more looked in to and actually paid attention to.

You may have seen my other post about how AmyFove_714 was inappropriately banned for no reason, but I thought I'd better get this message across to make you aware (in case you aren't) of a problem that I think is poorly neglected.

AmyFove_714 made an appeal as soon as she was banned, and it didn't get reviewed until 5 days later, (which was almost the length of the ban itself)! which to me, is beyond ridiculous.. What's worse, is that her appeal got denied! Come on CubeCraft? I have also witnessed many other people complaining about being falsely banned, which suggests to me that this problem has been ignored.

Another thing to mention, after Amy's appeal finally got reviewed, she messaged CrazymanJR who I believe is the developer of sentinel. He didn't get back to her at all, and the last time he was active was the 27th of May? People have said that he is 'a very busy man on here' so it would take some time for him to get back to her. To say he has been inactive all this time says otherwise...

I never thought I'd have to make bad points about this server because it is one of my favourites, but guys, this really needs to be sorted. You would think that 'helpers' would say the sort of stuff I'm saying right now to ensure everyone is noted and so that things like this (that shouldn't happen) are prevented in the future.

Again, I'm sorry, but I just needed to get this off of my chest; thank you and have a great day/night wherever you are.

~ Foxy011

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
It would be nice that Mods or Sr. Mods at least review appeals of banned people by Sentinel as well. To be honest, the Dev's decision is sometimes bad and wrong and we can't say anything because he has the last word.

I'd suggest to add more people or Staff members to review those appeals instead of an only person who couldn't be right all the time. So people will receive a response quickly and then they will be able to have more time to get in contact with a Staff members to talk about their bans in case the appeals get denied.

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
I can only imagine how frustrating it would have been for your friend to be falsely banned, only to have to wait several days before anything is done about it.

There is a myriad of issues that staff must fix and tend to on the server; however, I'm sure this issue will be improved upon in time.

I like @Jeff_Bllkth idea about utilizing staff to handle appeals to improve response time.

Thanks for posting this, though, because it's important to express ourselves and any issues that are occurring to better improve the server.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I am sorry to hear this.

Normally such a Sentinel ban appeal should get reviewed within 1/2 day(s), it's sad that her ban appeal got reviewed after 5 days and got denied. Also, about CrazymanJR, he maybe isn't online often on the Forums but he's online often on Discord.

Reactions: Foxy011

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hello @Foxy011

Her appeal is denied. That is true that he is a busy man, But he can't be active every day. Yes it is a long time And There are less developers. There is a person joined And after 2 hours he was become a developer. We have less And There are less people that know how you can make an anti-cheat. @CrazymanJR and @GingerGeek are the people that have made this anti-cheat. It is certainly annoying that you have to wait a long time withou you have done anything wrong :(.

Reactions: Foxy011

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
It would be nice that Mods or Sr. Mods at least review appeals of banned people by Sentinel as well. To be honest, the Dev's decision is sometimes bad and wrong and we can't say anything because he has the last word.

I'd suggest to add more people or Staff members to review those appeals instead of an only person who couldn't be right all the time. So people will receive a response quickly and then they will be able to have more time to get in contact with a Staff members to talk about their bans in case the appeals get denied.
How unfortunate, ive avoided tnt junping jittering etc because im afraid of sentinel

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom

Yes I agree with you, hopefully they will sort it out eventually. :)

Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello @Foxy011

Her appeal is denied. That is true that he is a busy man, But he can't be active every day. Yes it is a long time And There are less developers. There is a person joined And after 2 hours he was become a developer. We have less And There are less people that know how you can make an anti-cheat. @CrazymanJR and @GingerGeek are the people that have made this anti-cheat. It is certainly annoying that you have to wait a long time withou you have done anything wrong :(.
Ah yes I understand your point - hopefully things will improve soon. :)

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I can only imagine how frustrating it would have been for your friend to be falsely banned, only to have to wait several days before anything is done about it.

There is a myriad of issues that staff must fix and tend to on the server; however, I'm sure this issue will be improved upon in time.

I like @Jeff_Bllkth idea about utilizing staff to handle appeals to improve response time.

Thanks for posting this, though, because it's important to express ourselves and any issues that are occurring to better improve the server.
That idea does sound good, and I too hope that this issue will be resolved in time. It is just frustrating when you do nothing wrong and nothing gets done about it. :)

Reactions: Spleefy

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
That is true that he is a busy man, But he can't be active every day.
Not every week either it seems
upload_2017-6-9_17-31-44.png

I just used an alt while I was banned.. lol

Lucid137

Jun 12, 2017
We have had two accounts banned by cc_sentinel for cheating though we dont use any mods beyond optifine...

One of those accounts was banned for a second time resulting in a 30day ban :(
Our appeal got denied with no reason given. Communications with crazymanjr results in no answers (5days later)... but i am happy that other memebers of the staff at least reply and try to be helpful even if they cant look into it....

It would be so great to get a response on what caused the ban, because we are dumbfounded and bummed out by not being able to play on our favourite server...
I saw someone complaining that his account got banned because he simply was playing to well? Can this really be a reason for a sentinel ban? My oldest son is rocking eggwars and wins many and sometimes most of his games.... But then he lives and breaths Minecraft, so it doesnt really surprise me....

But really, that must just be some speculation that the sentinel bans out of winning streaks or by someone being "too" good at the game?

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your information.

Since I don't have the facts in my hand, I don't know if the information is true or false. However, I'm sorry for anyhow that has been falsy banned. It's something that shouldn't surprise us, coding is not perfect therefore mistakes will happen yet reading some comments above, it would not be a bad idea to have certain Sr. Mods have access to sentinel information to attend these appeals.

Another thing, the sad reality that we face is having a small development team. That being said, the process of making better things can take time as it's not an easy task. Making a really efficent anti-cheat system takes couple of months even years to make, because it has to pass diferent phases so it's function can be accurate.

Hopefully this thread is looked at and taken under considerstion. In the meantime, I suggest you guys to be patient no matter how long it takes (hope thats never me) and to keep on sharing your feedback.

Reactions: Lucid137

Lucid137

Jun 12, 2017
It bans people who play on 1.8

Wow, thats exactly what my son has been doing. He mostly plays 1.8 because he likes the rythm more and feels that the PVP is more intense.

So this could be due to fast clicking (or something else) which is available in 1.8?
But if this is a problem, then why have those game modes available at all? Or rather, why would the sentinel pick that up as cheating?

Seems like something that seriously needs to be corrected or make an exception to those logging in with 1.8.

BTW, i want to add that we are greatful for the community creating an anti-cheat system. Because some games are just ridiculous with fly-hackers/teleport and other stuff going on. Buts it sucks being in the position of getting snatched as a false alarm :( and not being able to use his account over a month.

Maybe ill just tell him to stay away from 1.8 in the future :-P

Reactions: Hypixel Network

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Wow, thats exactly what my son has been doing. He mostly plays 1.8 because he likes the rythm more and feels that the PVP is more intense.

So this could be due to fast clicking (or something else) which is available in 1.8?
But if this is a problem, then why have those game modes available at all? Or rather, why would the sentinel pick that up as cheating?

Seems like something that seriously needs to be corrected or make an exception to those logging in with 1.8.

BTW, i want to add that we are greatful for the community creating an anti-cheat system. Because some games are just ridiculous with fly-hackers/teleport and other stuff going on. Buts it sucks being in the position of getting snatched as a false alarm :( and not being able to use his account over a month.

Maybe ill just tell him to stay away from 1.8 in the future :p

Jitter clicking is pretty much allowed, butterfly clicking isn't. Although I think both practically almost have the same result, butterfly clicking tends to trip up Sentinel, as you probably know by now. However, unless your son, was clicking at around 14-15+ for a constant time, or maintaining a really high CPS, I doubt Sentinel will call that hacking. Probably because managing an anti cheat for separate game modes is pretty hard to do.

Also, I'm not sure if Sentinel is completely ready for 1.8. Don't quote me on that.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
I myself have strayed away from tnt jumping and doing crazy stuff on skyways in fear of a sentinel ban.

From what i heard it takes longer to appeal than the actual ban because ... i might not be allowed to say

Lucid137

Jun 12, 2017
Well, i've been learning alot about cubecraft and the sentinel for the last week at least and now i know that butterflyclicking is and that it isnt allowed... ^_^ LOL CPS=clicks per second... just googled it and found a handy tutorial on butterfly-clicking youtube on how to do it (and what not to do on Cubecraft)... :D

My son says he hasnt been butterfly clicking....but off course stuff can get intense when you're PVPing...

And i just found a loooooong postand realise we are far from the only ones being falsely banned by the sentinel.... seems to be many affected...
I guess the Devs will sort it out in due time...

iBqnaan

Dec 22, 2017
I just thought this needed to be pointed out, because I think this issue needs to be more looked in to and actually paid attention to.

You may have seen my other post about how AmyFove_714 was inappropriately banned for no reason, but I thought I'd better get this message across to make you aware (in case you aren't) of a problem that I think is poorly neglected.

AmyFove_714 made an appeal as soon as she was banned, and it didn't get reviewed until 5 days later, (which was almost the length of the ban itself)! which to me, is beyond ridiculous.. What's worse, is that her appeal got denied! Come on CubeCraft? I have also witnessed many other people complaining about being falsely banned, which suggests to me that this problem has been ignored.

Another thing to mention, after Amy's appeal finally got reviewed, she messaged CrazymanJR who I believe is the developer of sentinel. He didn't get back to her at all, and the last time he was active was the 27th of May? People have said that he is 'a very busy man on here' so it would take some time for him to get back to her. To say he has been inactive all this time says otherwise...

I never thought I'd have to make bad points about this server because it is one of my favourites, but guys, this really needs to be sorted. You would think that 'helpers' would say the sort of stuff I'm saying right now to ensure everyone is noted and so that things like this (that shouldn't happen) are prevented in the future.

Again, I'm sorry, but I just needed to get this off of my chest; thank you and have a great day/night wherever you are.

~ Foxy011
omg this is 100% the same to me!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom