Votes: 7 100.0%
  • no (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
hey cubecraft players,

i think everyone with discord knows this problem; bots sending you DM's. it happened again a few minutes ago!
staff-help exploded once again because of this problem, which keeps other peopel from getting helped most of the times.

my solution to this?
verification. im in quite a few servers where you simply have to click on a reaction like '✅'to get a role, that gives access to the server. every server with this method has been DM-bot free in my experience, while others which dont have it arent.
its quick and easy to make!

how i've done it?
when you join the server, you'll only see a few channels:
- Rules/important information (before you get full acces)
- verification channel
after verification, you will see all the other channels, including a new "version" of the information/rules.

the double informatio/rules channel is so people cant DM others who are already verificated, except staff obviously.

before people say there are other ways to stay "safe"
- you can turn off DM's, but some people dont want to. they still like DM's from normal people who wanna play for example. on top of that, you wont get any DM's from other servers!
- this problem will only keep other people from getting the help they need in staff-help.
- some people dont even know how to turn off their DM's, which means they will still be spammed with these bots.

What do you guys think? should cubecraft take more action against bots, or leave it this way?
i'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
We already have a verification bot. You must complete a captcha before being able to join the server when it is enabled. There were some outstanding issues that will be resolved to prevent this from happening again. (The captcha bot is only on after we notice a bot raid)

Reactions: ReMD0G and Snowwyyy
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom