1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use maps in my server

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by AdrianGamerHD, Mar 18, 2016.

1. AdrianGamerHD

AdrianGamerHD Member

Hello staff cubecraft I have a server and use your maps with your permission can continue to use them or not

2. Skillful_

Skillful_ Member

You are allowed if something is not copyrighted howell it's considered "bad" to copy other people their work without giving them credit so if I were you I would either remove it or give Cubecraft credit for building it.

I did find this:

"Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture."

"Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. "

"In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created."

3. CattyCat

CattyCat Member

Programmer, Mathematician
    Home Page:
    As far as I know, Minecraft maps are not copyright-able. When you think of it, Minecraft is just a video game that is seldom used professionally (and it's just YouTube/adfly ads).

But pleeeease give credit!

ps: stuff that are not copyrightable can still be protected via trademark. js

4. Livid

Livid Member

If cubecraft is ok with it I can give you some lol

5. AdrianGamerHD

AdrianGamerHD Member

Ok,Thanks for answers

6. Drew McNamee

Drew McNamee Member

You don't "have" to ask permission, but it's respectful of other peoples work to do so. If you've seen on the CubeCraft twitter a few times that if a server is using their maps they "ask" them if they could remove them because the builders spent a lot of time on them.

We have a build team so that the network can have custom maps for us only as an incentive to play on our network and using the maps without asking is seen as stealing. I think it would go against the whole point of having a build team if we just gave them out to other servers to use.

7. YounB

YounB Mod Staff Member Moderator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If you are caught using the maps, you will be told to get rid of it. Simple. It's not your work, it's CubeCraft's, and they'd recommend that you do not take credit of their work for your wellbeing.