Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they use 1.8 combat on all versions and make it cross playable across versions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Actually, I'm an advocate of 1.8 / 1.7.10 PvP. I can speak on behalf of a lot of 1.8 pvpers, that we normally outright refuse to play 1.9+ combat. The only time you ever catch 1.8 pvpers switching from 1.8 is to play game modes that don't involve PvP skills. Modes like quakecraft don't apply as it isn't a form of pvp requiring alot of clicking etc. Removing 1.8 PvP & only supporting 1.9+ is a very bad move for CubeCraft. They would most definitely lose a very large portion of their player base/network.
A very large portion? This is simply not true.
The 1.8 java network ranges from 170-780 players online on a typical day.
The 1.9 java network ranges from 800-3700 players online on a typical day.

On average the 1.8 playerbase is 20% the size of the 1.9 playerbase. A big number, sure, but not a "very large portion" as you say. In addition, if the 1.8 server was to liquidate, not all the players would be lost. Something similar happened on another server, smaller than cubecraft, but when they disbanded their 1.8 server, their 1.9+ server boosted by 35% of the 1.8 server's playerbase. I believe something similar would happen on this server were this to happen.
Now, that is still the majority of the 1.8 players gone, but this would introduce more benefits to the server as a whole. One java server to focus on so the playerbase isn't split. Less developer time needed as only 1 version needs catering to. Staff will be able to monitor the server much easier. These are just a few benefits you should take into account.

(I got the number of players on each version by monitoring the numbers found on https://stats.cubecraft.net/ for a few weeks and took means)

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
While it's true that dropping 1.8 will lose the server a significant portion of its playerbase, it's worth taking into account all the potential new players it could get by sticking to the latest version (with the latest features, including combat). Those who play on 1.8 will, sooner or later migrate to hypixel, a server that has the resources to satisfy the 1.8 community better than any other server. On the other hand, many of the 1.9 players are scattered across small PvP and/or vanilla servers and are struggling to find a large network that would satisfy their needs. Considering Cubecraft is the only one of the big networks that supports 1.9, it could easily gather the whole 1.9+ community of Java Edition which is much larger than Cubecraft's current 1.8 playerbase. In other words the potential players the server would bring would be much more than those who might leave for the sake of 1.8 PvP.
Yes, I do think the server should be a 1.9 pioneer. But you can't just say that we'll leave to hypixel. First off al: ping. I would prefer 9 ping over 109 ping. Just makes everything feel much smoother. And the largest part of the multiplayer base prefers 1.8 pvp. So I don't think potential players would not

On average the 1.8 playerbase is 20% the size of the 1.9 playerbase. A big number, sure, but not a "very large portion" as you say. In addition, if the 1.8 server was to liquidate, not all the players would be lost. Something similar happened on another server, smaller than cubecraft, but when they disbanded their 1.8 server, their 1.9+ server boosted by 35% of the 1.8 server's playerbase. I believe something similar would happen on this server were this to happen.
Now, that is still the majority of the 1.8 players gone, but this would introduce more benefits to the server as a whole. One java server to focus on so the playerbase isn't split. Less developer time needed as only 1 version needs catering to. Staff will be able to monitor the server much easier. These are just a few benefits you should take into account.

(I got the number of players on each version by monitoring the numbers found on https://stats.cubecraft.net/ for a few weeks and took means)
Large part of the multiplayer community. Look at all big (and big pvp servers). Hypixel is all on 1.8 combat. GommeHD, Hive, Mineplex. On cubecraft the 1.9 part is the mayor part, but over all servers its the 1.8 combat community.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
If you've ever fought a good 1.9+ player you would understand (ideally in a fight that takes longer than 10 seconds). Sadly, many such players don't play on Cubecraft for various reasons. All I have to say is that the introduction of the cooldown has added many other factors (along with the inclusion of 1.8's strafing and w-tapping) to PvP such as the obvious timing and s-tapping. Timing is the most important factor now as it has completely redefined the so-called "combos". Unlike fast-clicking, timing is not a process that you could automate by the use of macros/autoclickers. It's all dependent on your relative position to the opponent and their previous move. Each fight feels unique as different opponents use different mindsets based on the situation. It's also worth mentioning that making mistakes in a 1.9 fight can easily affect the outcome of the battle/your opponents next move, whereas in 1.8 small mistakes are barely noticeable. This is the reason why a new player can easily familiarize themselves with 1.8 in a few hours whereas learning 1.9 properly takes weeks to months.
Yeah I sometimes fight 1.9+ pvp (some random uhc with randomizers). But I don't prefer it, and it doesn't require more skill.
First of all, s-tapping was already a thing in 1.8 combat, and is used in it a lot. Timing you could modify with autoclickers, and some aim hacks. Because come on, if you hack you probably do both.
I honestly don't even understand what is ur point with combo, maybe explain it in a longer threat. But, you say mistakes aren't as heavy an impact on 1.8 combat. When I play on 1.8 and my opponent misses just one hit, I can combo him the f out of this world. I've had combos (not in the combo gamemode obvious) of 15+ hits. Can you do that on 1.9+? Yeah probably, but it takes as much skill to combo on 1.8 as on 1.9+.
Also on 1.8 fights feel unique. Everyone has a different mindset here to. Some people like to play passive but with bow, I like to be aggresive with a fishing rod and a sword. There are lots of different strats.
And newer players can familiarize with both quite easy, because it isn't hard to understand. But just as on 1.8 as on 1.9+ it takes skill to become better.

A lot of people say, it is just spamclicking, but it isn't. Did you see fruitberries 1 cps combo. He combo'd a guy so hard with just 1 cps. Cps isn't as important as you guys all say. Yes it plays a factor, but if you focus on some other things. I click just 6-9 cps, something which is in the pvp community really low. But I combo some guys with triple my cps. Why? Because I also time right. When I combo, I either blockhit, or s-tap, because there I trained the most for. If I mistime one of my taps, I'm just screwed, because he is out of my combo, and we have to traid hits with which he'll probably win.

I'm not here to argue that one is better then the other, I'm just saying, both require skills, both are fun for different people, and that you calling it just 'spam pvp' is just not true. It requires the same amount of skill to learn as 1.9.
And if you do you're research, there's also a short cooldown on 1.8 pvp. Just watch someone like tenebrous once (yes he's really one sided), because he really makes good points.

Also when y'all say ping is a factor, again I refer to tenebrous.

Reactions: The_TecnoKing

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
First of all, s-tapping was already a thing in 1.8 combat, and is used in it a lot.
I read what you had written afterwards about combos, fair enough.
Timing you could modify with autoclickers, and some aim hacks. Because come on, if you hack you probably do both.
Are you saying that setting an autoclicker at 1.6CPS is going to help you win a fight in 1.9? I can assure you it doesn't work like that.
I honestly don't even understand what is ur point with combo, maybe explain it in a longer threat.
I simply meant timing your hits is very important to perform a combo now. It's not just strafing and key-tapping. Basically, there is a new important factor you need to take into account as well.
But, you say mistakes aren't as heavy an impact on 1.8 combat. When I play on 1.8 and my opponent misses just one hit, I can combo him the f out of this world. I've had combos (not in the combo gamemode obvious) of 15+ hits.
Ok, let's assume mistakes are equally as detrimental on both systems. Is it really that easy to miss a hit in 1.8? When you are clicking 6-9CPS that seems very unlikely, unless you are already in a combo (which is usually what happens when you've already made a mistake).
Also on 1.8 fights feel unique. Everyone has a different mindset here to. Some people like to play passive but with bow, I like to be aggresive with a fishing rod and a sword. There are lots of different strats.
I was referring to sword-only combat. It's obvious that "side items" can make playstyles more diverse regardless of combat system. Specifically,1.9 has added many new item combinations for both attack and defence (these are often used in UHC).
And newer players can familiarize with both quite easy, because it isn't hard to understand. But just as on 1.8 as on 1.9+ it takes skill to become better.
On a basic level (non-competitive) a 1.8 player is doing ok by simply aiming and clicking. For 1.9 it is really not that simple for a new player to follow the cooldown. If both systems were equally as easy in the beginning then newcomers wouldn't be struggling to kill mobs (like skeletons) in the latest versions. You could argue that PvE cannot be compared to PvP, but as I mentioned, I am talking about PvP at a beginners level.
A lot of people say, it is just spamclicking, but it isn't. Did you see fruitberries 1 cps combo. He combo'd a guy so hard with just 1 cps. Cps isn't as important as you guys all say. Yes it plays a factor, but if you focus on some other things. I click just 6-9 cps, something which is in the pvp community really low. But I combo some guys with triple my cps. And if you do you're research, there's also a short cooldown on 1.8 pvp.
I didn't say 1.8 is just spam-clicking. As for the 1CPS combo, I am not really surprised. It was a 1.9 style combo performed in 1.8, unnecessary but possible with the right timing and skill. Also, the "short cooldown" is common knowledge. However, that still raises the question: Why do 1.8 servers not allow autoclickers in the first place. Clicking faster must surely give some advantage.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I know people are gonna disagree with this, but eh many people thing 1.8 combat is better so idk.
More people prefer 1.9+ combat, hence why there is almost always 4-5 times the number of people on 1.9+ compared to 1.8. If you don't believe me, look at https://stats.cubecraft.net
1594849001331.png

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
I'm not here to argue that one is better then the other, I'm just saying, both require skills, both are fun for different people.
I do agree with you on this, the subject of this thread is not about that after all. I just think support for multiple versions is hurting the server (even the non-latest versions past 1.8) and is preventing a proper 1.9+ combat community from flourishing. While ping is an important reason to choose Cubecraft over hypixel for 1.8, there are many other candidates to join (you even mentioned some) with similar sized playerbases that are dedicated to the old combat.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
I do agree with you on this, the subject of this thread is not about that after all. I just think support for multiple versions is hurting the server (even the non-latest versions past 1.8) and is preventing a proper 1.9+ combat community from flourishing. While ping is an important reason to choose Cubecraft over hypixel for 1.8, there are many other candidates to join (you even mentioned some) with similar sized playerbases that are dedicated to the old combat.
True, but none of them have the nostalgia I have with cubecraft. The first large server. Used to all the maps (some new, some old which I wish came back). I wouldn't leave cube for any other server (as my prime server). Also with skywars as my main game, skywars is essantially the same over all servers, but loot, islands and throwables is all different. And I played a lot of different skywars, but Cube's just the best I think.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
More people prefer 1.9+ combat, hence why there is almost always 4-5 times the number of people on 1.9+ compared to 1.8. If you don't believe me, look at https://stats.cubecraft.net
View attachment 170657
On Cubecraft yes. On all multiplayer servers, no. Look at the top 10 servers (mccentral, mineplex, hypixel, gomme, and a lot more), 1.8 is the most used (by far) combat system.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
I read what you had written afterwards about combos, fair enough.

Are you saying that setting an autoclicker at 1.6CPS is going to help you win a fight in 1.9? I can assure you it doesn't work like that.

I simply meant timing your hits is very important to perform a combo now. It's not just strafing and key-tapping. Basically, there is a new important factor you need to take into account as well.

Ok, let's assume mistakes are equally as detrimental on both systems. Is it really that easy to miss a hit in 1.8? When you are clicking 6-9CPS that seems very unlikely, unless you are already in a combo (which is usually what happens when you've already made a mistake).

I was referring to sword-only combat. It's obvious that "side items" can make playstyles more diverse regardless of combat system. Specifically,1.9 has added many new item combinations for both attack and defence (these are often used in UHC).

On a basic level (non-competitive) a 1.8 player is doing ok by simply aiming and clicking. For 1.9 it is really not that simple for a new player to follow the cooldown. If both systems were equally as easy in the beginning then newcomers wouldn't be struggling to kill mobs (like skeletons) in the latest versions. You could argue that PvE cannot be compared to PvP, but as I mentioned, I am talking about PvP at a beginners level.

I didn't say 1.8 is just spam-clicking. As for the 1CPS combo, I am not really surprised. It was a 1.9 style combo performed in 1.8, unnecessary but possible with the right timing and skill. Also, the "short cooldown" is common knowledge. However, that still raises the question: Why do 1.8 servers not allow autoclickers in the first place. Clicking faster must surely give some advantage.
Yes it can help you win a fight, but the thing is, you need aim. Over all combat systems, aim is still the most important factor in pvp. And when someone uses an autoclicker, they'll probably also use some kind of aim modifier. Because they're hackers.

Yes timing is important, but it isn't as important as you guys all make it. You can hit someone, run away, and then hit again, because the timer already is reset (i can be mistaken, but on UHC that's what I do and i always works, bit of a pussy tactic but hey, i got some wins with it).

I think it is easier to miss a hit on 1.8 combat. You must remember that when you play on 1.8, you're crosshair must be at the opponent at all time, because if you miss a hit you're just screwed, and the other player get's a combo on you. While on 1.9 you can just run away without getting combo'od.

Cooldown is really easy to master (for me at least), because it is litteraly right on the screen. But the problem is, that the entire game is new. So even in 1.8 (for me at least in the beginning, like 1.2 or 1.1 or something), it was also very hard, because I had no idea how to play the game.

Yes 1.9 added new items, but some of them are just like what. Shields are just buffed, like you can hide the entire time, and then just hit once and hide again. And bows and other throwables are just worthless then.

And about PvP, some bigger tournaments (like mcc and mcu) are switching to 1.9 pvp because the skill ceiling is just a lot lower. So the top of 1.9 is less good against the avarage 1.9 player than the top 1.8 player against an avarage 1.8 player.

Maybe you didn't say it isnt spam clicking, but the first thing I hear about 1.8 players from 1.9 players is 'oh you're just a spam clicker'.

And why don't they allow autoclickers? Because it is unfair that you don't have to do anything while pvp'ing. It doesn't give to much of an unfair advantage, because if I come against a 14 cps autoclicker, I'll probably beat him if he doesn't know how to strafe and combo and all. But, it is just a hack. I don't really know how to explain it. If two players are exactly as good as eachother on aim, strafe, combo, movement everything, yes 14 cps has an advantage. But that is just training. Some players like me will never hit more then 10 cps (11 is my highest, my fingers just cant handle to much cps), and it is unfair if one of does players can hit that limit with some kind of modifier.
Yes of course gives cps a slight advantage, but, the thing is what most people on 1.9 don't understand, it is not the most important thing. Aim, just like on 1.9 is the most important. Movement, is also more important. And when two players are exactly as good on both of them, probably the one with higher cps will win because it gives a slight advantage because it is a bit easier to get in a combo. But there's where my beloved fishing rod get's in to place, if you just master a fishing rod, or bow or something else, it is easy to get out of a combo, traid hits, run away and then repeat the cicle, and there's an equel chance of winning.

Again, one is not better then the other, and both take a lot of time to master. But it isn't like one is harder and one is easier. It all depends on the opponent how hard it is for you.

Reactions: The_TecnoKing

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com

I would like to see factual evidence/statistic's disproving what I have stated. Because as far as I know, we can only go off what the placeholders above NPC's current state. I wasn't referring to 1.8 being as big. However, I was also implying that future players or other potential players who also like 1.8, won't like to play CubeCraft if they removed the support.

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
I would like to see factual evidence/statistic's disproving what I have stated. Because as far as I know, we can only go off what the placeholders above NPC's current state. I wasn't referring to 1.8 being as big. However, I was also implying that future players or other potential players who also like 1.8, won't like to play CubeCraft if they removed the support.

Nevermind I saw the stats for players. Either way, I still stand by my statement. Removing 1.8 protocol support on the server isn't an effective decision. It will have too much disruption in the network. As it stands CubeCraft's main player base is coming from bedrock. So they would also like to sustain the active community they have on Java. Removing 1.8 would cause for arguments and debates among the community.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
On Cubecraft yes. On all multiplayer servers, no. Look at the top 10 servers (mccentral, mineplex, hypixel, gomme, and a lot more), 1.8 is the most used (by far) combat system.
But we're not talking about other servers, are we? We're talking about Cubecraft, where it is more popular.

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
Yes it can help you win a fight, but the thing is, you need aim. Over all combat systems, aim is still the most important factor in pvp. And when someone uses an autoclicker, they'll probably also use some kind of aim modifier. Because they're hackers.
You can easily screw a hacker by simply blocking your shield every time their autoclicker hits. Then, they will either need to turn off the autoclicker and time manually or switch to an axe, both of which require some effort. That is if the cheater is using aim hacks as well. In 1.8 you could simply use an autoclicker without anything else (no need to download any clients) which made cheating very accessible.
Yes timing is important, but it isn't as important as you guys all make it. You can hit someone, run away, and then hit again, because the timer already is reset (i can be mistaken, but on UHC that's what I do and i always works, bit of a pussy tactic but hey, i got some wins with it).
This does work sometimes, but it is very risky. You may miss the hit or not manage to escape successfully leading to back-crits. This mostly works when fighting amateurs or as a last resort when you are low on health.
I think it is easier to miss a hit on 1.8 combat. You must remember that when you play on 1.8, you're crosshair must be at the opponent at all time, because if you miss a hit you're just screwed, and the other player get's a combo on you. While on 1.9 you can just run away without getting combo'od.
In 1.9 you need to be constantly aiming at the opponent as well (if they are somewhat decent). Running away is not as easy as it seems. If you can time crits properly you can easily do a lot of damage to a running opponent before they get out of your reach.
Cooldown is really easy to master (for me at least), because it is litteraly right on the screen. But the problem is, that the entire game is new. So even in 1.8 (for me at least in the beginning, like 1.2 or 1.1 or something), it was also very hard, because I had no idea how to play the game.
Understanding the cooldown is easy. It's just not easy to get used to it. If a new player is sourrounded by many mobs they are most likely going to ignore the cooldown hoping they'll get away by hitting the mobs quickly. Someone who is already used to it will instead start critting each one of them individually or sweep-attacking.
Yes 1.9 added new items, but some of them are just like what. Shields are just buffed, like you can hide the entire time, and then just hit once and hide again. And bows and other throwables are just worthless then.
Hiding behind the shield and hitting at the right time requires a lot of timing, especially if you are fighting a good sword-only player who goes outside your reach when you are blocking and hits you right after you unblock. There are also multiple other ways to counter a shield (aside from hitting from behind). You can use an axe to disable the shield (even "spam-clicking" the axe works), you can use splash/lingering potions or even a crossbow with the piercing enchantment. Shields are only OP if you don't have an axe.
And why don't they allow autoclickers? Because it is unfair that you don't have to do anything while pvp'ing. It doesn't give to much of an unfair advantage, because if I come against a 14 cps autoclicker, I'll probably beat him if he doesn't know how to strafe and combo and all. But, it is just a hack. I don't really know how to explain it. If two players are exactly as good as eachother on aim, strafe, combo, movement everything, yes 14 cps has an advantage. But that is just training. Some players like me will never hit more then 10 cps (11 is my highest, my fingers just cant handle to much cps), and it is unfair if one of does players can hit that limit with some kind of modifier.
Yes of course gives cps a slight advantage, but, the thing is what most people on 1.9 don't understand, it is not the most important thing. Aim, just like on 1.9 is the most important. Movement, is also more important. And when two players are exactly as good on both of them, probably the one with higher cps will win because it gives a slight advantage because it is a bit easier to get in a combo. But there's where my beloved fishing rod get's in to place, if you just master a fishing rod, or bow or something else, it is easy to get out of a combo, traid hits, run away and then repeat the cicle, and there's an equel chance of winning.
Clicking is obviously not the most important thing about 1.8. But why do 1.8 players make such a fuss about it? Why do people even practice jitterclicking? When part of a combat system (even a small one) involves clicking as fast as you can, you know it's flawed. A good 1.8 player who doesn't try clicking that fast can easily get an autoclicker to gain that extra advantage and nobody is going to do anything about it. The clicking part is an automated process that you can easily hide from anyone. There is zero skill about it, yet many 1.8 players still try to get "good" at it.

I remember a few months ago, in one of the combat experimental versions an integrated autoclicker was implemented. Yet, everyone seemed to complain that it took away part of the skill... What's your opinion on that?

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! I think that Minecraft's Algorithm says that you can't mix 1.8 & 1.9 combats at the same time. It's almost impossible & illogical. You have 2 choices: either 1.8 on all versions or 1.9. You can't mix both combats in the same version. Also, CubeCraft is a well-known 1.9 combat server. If you stopped 1.9, you would ruin the 1.9 community. In the end, CubeCraft is good as it's now, We don't need to to this idea.
Thank you!

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
You can easily screw a hacker by simply blocking your shield every time their autoclicker hits. Then, they will either need to turn off the autoclicker and time manually or switch to an axe, both of which require some effort. That is if the cheater is using aim hacks as well. In 1.8 you could simply use an autoclicker without anything else (no need to download any clients) which made cheating very accessible.

This does work sometimes, but it is very risky. You may miss the hit or not manage to escape successfully leading to back-crits. This mostly works when fighting amateurs or as a last resort when you are low on health.

In 1.9 you need to be constantly aiming at the opponent as well (if they are somewhat decent). Running away is not as easy as it seems. If you can time crits properly you can easily do a lot of damage to a running opponent before they get out of your reach.

Understanding the cooldown is easy. It's just not easy to get used to it. If a new player is sourrounded by many mobs they are most likely going to ignore the cooldown hoping they'll get away by hitting the mobs quickly. Someone who is already used to it will instead start critting each one of them individually or sweep-attacking.

Hiding behind the shield and hitting at the right time requires a lot of timing, especially if you are fighting a good sword-only player who goes outside your reach when you are blocking and hits you right after you unblock. There are also multiple other ways to counter a shield (aside from hitting from behind). You can use an axe to disable the shield (even "spam-clicking" the axe works), you can use splash/lingering potions or even a crossbow with the piercing enchantment. Shields are only OP if you don't have an axe.

Clicking is obviously not the most important thing about 1.8. But why do 1.8 players make such a fuss about it? Why do people even practice jitterclicking? When part of a combat system (even a small one) involves clicking as fast as you can, you know it's flawed. A good 1.8 player who doesn't try clicking that fast can easily get an autoclicker to gain that extra advantage and nobody is going to do anything about it. The clicking part is an automated process that you can easily hide from anyone. There is zero skill about it, yet many 1.8 players still try to get "good" at it.

I remember a few months ago, in one of the combat experimental versions an integrated autoclicker was implemented. Yet, everyone seemed to complain that it took away part of the skill... What's your opinion on that?
Yes you can screw a hacker by taking a shield. But the annoying thing is, you can do that to everyone which makes pvp more passive. And if the hacker has an iq higher then 5 he'll think at the start of the game, oh, an axe is twice as good nowadays (and thats coming from someone like me who barely plays it).

It isn't very risky, its just hit and run, hit and run etc. The fact that even I can do it says enough.

No you don't need constant aim, you only need to be aimed at the moment you click. During a fight in 1.8 combat, you have to stay at the hitbox at all time. During 1.9 pvp, while the cooldown is busy, you don't have to have you're crosshair on the opponent for like half a second. Aim is still the most important factor, but you don't have to have you're crosshair at the opponent on all time.

Hiding behind the shield and hitting is indeed timing, but so is switching bow and sword during a 1.8 fight. I know you can disable a shield using an axe. (Btw u see what I mean with people saying "spam-clicking", just say 1.8 pvp, I also don't say "boring and slow af pvp").
And, if a player uses an autoclicker, 99% of the time their movement, game-scence and aim is wack. So it does give a slight advantage, but even against good or above avarage players just an autoclicker doesn't work. And learning to click fast takes skill. Jitter clicking and butterfly clicking isn't something you just learn. Plus, you must reset a lot of settings because you're aim will be a lot harder.

I hate the fact that they wanted an autoclicker, but I understand it is better for the newer players, so I'd say you can use it in single player, but in multiplayer it must be toggable for the server. But it is nerfed as hell, so it doesn't give to much of an advantage just for lazy people.

But, let's finish it here. We can both counter argue eachothers arguments, both have pro's and con's. And everyone has his or her own preferences. Both requere skill to learn, and so on. Because if we're going thru like we are right now, this can take a few decades before we're finished.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Yes you can screw a hacker by taking a shield. But the annoying thing is, you can do that to everyone which makes pvp more passive. And if the hacker has an iq higher then 5 he'll think at the start of the game, oh, an axe is twice as good nowadays (and thats coming from someone like me who barely plays it).

It isn't very risky, its just hit and run, hit and run etc. The fact that even I can do it says enough.

No you don't need constant aim, you only need to be aimed at the moment you click. During a fight in 1.8 combat, you have to stay at the hitbox at all time. During 1.9 pvp, while the cooldown is busy, you don't have to have you're crosshair on the opponent for like half a second. Aim is still the most important factor, but you don't have to have you're crosshair at the opponent on all time.

Hiding behind the shield and hitting is indeed timing, but so is switching bow and sword during a 1.8 fight. I know you can disable a shield using an axe. (Btw u see what I mean with people saying "spam-clicking", just say 1.8 pvp, I also don't say "boring and slow af pvp").
And, if a player uses an autoclicker, 99% of the time their movement, game-scence and aim is wack. So it does give a slight advantage, but even against good or above avarage players just an autoclicker doesn't work. And learning to click fast takes skill. Jitter clicking and butterfly clicking isn't something you just learn. Plus, you must reset a lot of settings because you're aim will be a lot harder.

I hate the fact that they wanted an autoclicker, but I understand it is better for the newer players, so I'd say you can use it in single player, but in multiplayer it must be toggable for the server. But it is nerfed as hell, so it doesn't give to much of an advantage just for lazy people.

But, let's finish it here. We can both counter argue eachothers arguments, both have pro's and con's. And everyone has his or her own preferences. Both requere skill to learn, and so on. Because if we're going thru like we are right now, this can take a few decades before we're finished.
And it was more about changing 1.9 combat to 1.8 on the server, so we've dwindled a bit away from the point. My take on that is, no, there shouldn't be crossplay, but also dont remove the 1.8 part of the server.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations bro you can do it !! 🤍
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!
Top Bottom