Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they use 1.8 combat on all versions and make it cross playable across versions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
Nevermind I saw the stats for players. Either way, I still stand by my statement. Removing 1.8 protocol support on the server isn't an effective decision. It will have too much disruption in the network. As it stands CubeCraft's main player base is coming from bedrock. So they would also like to sustain the active community they have on Java. Removing 1.8 would cause for arguments and debates among the community.
Those who come from Bedrock are mostly kids. It is very unlikely that they are going to figure out what's going on and attempt to launch the game on a previous version. If anything, they are simply going to ignore that. I see many players that don't use the cooldown in 1.9+ and I wouldn't be surprised if they came from Bedrock.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Those who come from Bedrock are mostly kids. It is very unlikely that they are going to figure out what's going on and attempt to launch the game on a previous version. If anything, they are simply going to ignore that. I see many players that don't use the cooldown in 1.9+ and I wouldn't be surprised if they came from Bedrock.
We can at least agree on one thing. Bedrock is the worst.

Reactions: banana69

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
And learning to click fast takes skill. Jitter clicking and butterfly clicking isn't something you just learn.
The same could be said about quickly pressing buttons and pulling levers at a factory. It's repetitive and could easily be automated. Back in the old days, I was able to jitter-click at 10CPS minutes after learning how it's done. I then realized that hurting my hand for the sake of gaining slight advantage in a fight was stupid. Even if you choose not to do it, other tryhards will do it instead and if they are good at the rest, they will certainly win.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Opinions never hold truth. They hold reason and logic, but no opinion is true.
To look which one is better isn't an opinion like 1.8 and 1.9 pvp. You can look which one gets updated first, for java you don't have to pay 10$ for everything you buy (I want a skin, oh well, that'll cost you 10$). We have dedicated clients such as lunar, laby, badlion. We have mods, such as optifine, but also gamemodes such as rlcraft. Java has original gamemodes and titles, while bedrock servers mostly copy from smaller or bigger java servers.
You can reason why java is better then bedrock.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Ok you say we just adapt? Cubecraft had about 15k players in the 1.8 era. What happened when Cubecraft almost dropped all support for 1.8, and just a few bigger ones? We are now on 4k players on avarage.
Secondly, 1.8 isn't unnecessary. There are 1.8 players who love this server. I've been here since 2013 and wouldn't want to leave for any other server. But, when this server becomes solely 1.9+, don't be surprised that a large part of the playerbase leaves. A lot of mods, helpers and the majority of the devs (sentinental) play on 1.8, so the server also takes a large hit. See what happened to mineplex when the devs split up.

And when you're running for president, you have to make everyone happy. If you just go for the people who would already vote for you, but they're just 10% of the country, you won't win. You have to get the majority of the people, even if you lose some that were on you're side previously.
By dropping the 1.8 server, cubecraft would also lose a majority of it’s creators. Most YouTubers play on 1.8 and if Cubecraft removed it, they would be very upset and maybe even leave Cubecraft. Creators are what bring Cubecraft a lot of players, because viewers want to play on the same server as their favorite YouTuber. It’s not as simple as just getting rid of a server. You would also be getting rid of players, creators, and staff, which would cause the collapse of Cubecraft.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
To look which one is better isn't an opinion like 1.8 and 1.9 pvp. You can look which one gets updated first, for java you don't have to pay 10$ for everything you buy (I want a skin, oh well, that'll cost you 10$). We have dedicated clients such as lunar, laby, badlion. We have mods, such as optifine, but also gamemodes such as rlcraft. Java has original gamemodes and titles, while bedrock servers mostly copy from smaller or bigger java servers.
You can reason why java is better then bedrock.
Bedrock does support creators and is many times faster than what optifine or sodium can bring out so it does have positives and actually does better at supporting minecraft far into the future due to continued payments from players. (Let microsoft get their $2bill back, at least they arent EAing this game)

We should get back on topic though

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Bedrock does support creators and is many times faster than what optifine or sodium can bring out so it does have positives and actually does better at supporting minecraft far into the future due to continued payments from players. (Let microsoft get their $2bill back, at least they arent EAing this game)

We should get back on topic though
The reason it is faster is because it is also supposed to run on phones. Which means the graphics (unless you us geforce) are wack.
But yes ea is worse.

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
The reason it is faster is because it is also supposed to run on phones. Which means the graphics (unless you us geforce) are wack.
But yes ea is worse.
I agree that ea is worse as they use microtransactions in games that already cost a lot (minecraft being $35AUD and having mt is okay for me, though $25 is about the point where below mt is basically fine)

This link and this link shows the difference

"Also bedrock really need to change a little details like the durability bar color, on Java it’s look brighter but on bedrock it’s just doesn’t look good, also when you break block, the breaking stage on Java I noticed that it’s have something different from bedrock, you could check and compare by yourself because I didn’t know how to explain it properly lol" - shown here basically sums up the difference

C++ does usually run faster than java which is why you can get way faster with nearly the same graphics

D

Deleted member 469419

So basically you're meaning make of this a hypixel style and therefore make just 1 version playable?

Some time ago I'd say yes to this suggestion, but over time I've realized that if this get finally added, something similar to 2016 would happen, this means, if you make 1.9+ as main and unique version, lot of 1.8 community would go to hypixel or any other server, and if you make 1.8 as main version, would happen the same in reverse.

Besides that, I like the current version variety of cubecraft.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
Top Bottom