Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they use 1.8 combat on all versions and make it cross playable across versions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Layout108

Apr 18, 2020
I think it would be cool if they did this like how it is in hypixel.

Edit: Sorry I didnt know it was playable across every version if 1.9+. So this is now basically asking to add 1.8 combat to every version, I know people are gonna disagree with this, but eh many people thing 1.8 combat is better so idk. Also make it cross playable across ALL versions. Including 1.8

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I don't think this is a good idea since Cubecraft has both 1.8 and 1.9 combat right now. If you prefer spamclicking, you can easily join 1.8, and if you prefer the 1.9 combat, you can easily join 1.9+. There isn't really a need to switch to 1.8 combat only, since most people prefer 1.9+ combat and you can easily switch versions to play the combat style you prefer.

Layout108

Apr 18, 2020
I don't think this is a good idea since Cubecraft has both 1.8 and 1.9 combat right now. If you prefer spamclicking, you can easily join 1.8, and if you prefer the 1.9 combat, you can easily join 1.9+. There isn't really a need to switch to 1.8 combat only, since most people prefer 1.9+ combat and you can easily switch versions to play the combat style you prefer.
I guess that makes sense, I was mainly saying this so more people can play together.

Reactions: elchuii and East

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
1.8 and 1.9 PVP is an extremely controversial topic. Why I play on CubeCraft is because of their unique games along with giving players an option between 1.8 and 1.9 PVP. Personally I prefer 1.9 PVP and I know a lot of people who have a mutual feeling. What I'm saying is that everyone has their own choice and since most players in the CubeCraft Java network prefer 1.9 PVP, it's best to just keep it as an option if you'd like to play in 1.8 PVP.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
1.8 combat is for people with very low IQ scores.
In my opinion the 1.8 server should be removed entirely. You are free to disagree.
i disagree, mainly because i feel like it is unfair to classify people by what style of gameplay they prefer. 1.9 is current. 1.8 is what a lot of people are used to. There is no "better" version

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
i disagree, mainly because i feel like it is unfair to classify people by what style of gameplay they prefer. 1.9 is current. 1.8 is what a lot of people are used to. There is no "better" version
There is a better version. One that defines skill in a far more reasonable way. One where the entire community is not entirely filled with gatekeepers, or tryhards, or people who say "XD" every time they get a kill. It's called 1.9+

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
There is a better version. One that defines skill in a far more reasonable way. One where the entire community is not entirely filled with gatekeepers, or tryhards, or people who say "XD" every time they get a kill. It's called 1.9+
both are good in their own way, its obvious you are kinda close-minded and only think that your way is good but you need to accept that not everyone wants to play the same way as you

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think it would be cool if they did this like how it is in hypixel.

Edit: Sorry I didnt know it was playable across every version if 1.9+. So this is now basically asking to add 1.8 combat to every version, I know people are gonna disagree with this, but eh many people thing 1.8 combat is better so idk. Also make it cross playable across ALL versions. Including 1.8

I don't think this is a good idea. If you prefer spamclicking, you can easily join 1.8, and if you prefer the 1.9 combat, you can easily join 1.9+. There isn't really a need to switch to 1.8 combat only, since most people prefer 1.9+ combat and you can easily switch versions to play the combat style you prefer.

Layout108

Apr 18, 2020
Why are you guys arguing about which PVP is better? They are both good, I would rather be good at both than just one, I do prefer 1.8 pvp mainly because I am better at it, doesn't mean I think 1.9 pvp is trash. And you some of you are acting like people who like "One of the styles if for idiots, and the other is for smart people." like, there is no way that is true at all. People can like what they want, doesn't mean they are brain dead.

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
Cubecraft is the ONLY large network that has kept 1.9+ combat. It would be a great opportunity for the management of the Java Edition server to invest on the 1.9+ competitive PvP community, update to the latest version (1.16, which would finally introduce all the new features to the PvP scene) and get rid of the 1.8 server. The people who play on 1.8 could go to pretty much any other server, whereas 1.9+ players have very few alternatives (for 1.9+ combat minigames there is no other server).

Cubecraft has the potential to become the main 1.9+ PvP Minecraft server (which would bring together all the 1.9 combat players that currently have nowhere else to go). Right now, many competitive 1.9+ players have lost faith to this server due to the lack of focus on the PvP community (fixing major bugs, imbalances and bad map layouts) and have moved to much smaller servers that lack the large playerbase. It’s really that simple, stop trying to cater for the 1.8 community. Other servers are doing that much much better than you. Focus on 1.9 where you can have monopoly and try to improve the 1.9 combat gamemodes in order to make them more appealing and original. It would be a big step to take, but it’s certainly worth giving it a shot. You already made the choice (unlike all other large networks) to support 1.9 combat years ago. You should at least do it right!

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Cubecraft is the ONLY large network that has kept 1.9+ combat. It would be a great opportunity for the management of the Java Edition server to invest on the 1.9+ competitive PvP community, update to the latest version (1.16, which would finally introduce all the new features to the PvP scene) and get rid of the 1.8 server. The people who play on 1.8 could go to pretty much any other server, whereas 1.9+ players have very few alternatives (for 1.9+ combat minigames there is no other server).

Cubecraft has the potential to become the main 1.9+ PvP Minecraft server (which would bring together all the 1.9 combat players that currently have nowhere else to go). Right now, many competitive 1.9+ players have lost faith to this server due to the lack of focus on the PvP community (fixing major bugs, imbalances and bad map layouts) and have moved to much smaller servers that lack the large playerbase. It’s really that simple, stop trying to cater for the 1.8 community. Other servers are doing that much much better than you. Focus on 1.9 where you can have monopoly and try to improve the 1.9 combat gamemodes in order to make them more appealing and original. It would be a big step to take, but it’s certainly worth giving it a shot. You already made the choice (unlike all other large networks) to support 1.9 combat years ago. You should at least do it right!

Ex. Actly.

Cubecraft is not just well known because of eggwars, but also because they are one of, if not the best 1.9 server.
This is a really important advantage for them to have. This means that, ideally for them, the people who will play their server will be the ones who all agree that 1.9 is better, or at least prefer it.

1.8 is completely unnecessary. I am sure many 1.8 players would adapt to 1.9 to carry on playing here, or just up and leave.
Cubecraft did not need to diversify their versions to 1.8 pvp to make everyone happy. They need to fixate on those whom love their server.

It's like when you are trying to become a president. You don't waste your time making everyone happy, but, those who already support you, or whom are likely to.

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
Ex. Actly.

Cubecraft is not just well known because of eggwars, but also because they are one of, if not the best 1.9 server.
This is a really important advantage for them to have. This means that, ideally for them, the people who will play their server will be the ones who all agree that 1.9 is better, or at least prefer it.

1.8 is completely unnecessary. I am sure many 1.8 players would adapt to 1.9 to carry on playing here, or just up and leave.
Cubecraft did not need to diversify their versions to 1.8 pvp to make everyone happy. They need to fixate on those whom love their server.

It's like when you are trying to become a president. You don't waste your time making everyone happy, but, those who already support you, or whom are likely to.

Actually, I'm an advocate of 1.8 / 1.7.10 PvP. I can speak on behalf of a lot of 1.8 pvpers, that we normally outright refuse to play 1.9+ combat. The only time you ever catch 1.8 pvpers switching from 1.8 is to play game modes that don't involve PvP skills. Modes like quakecraft don't apply as it isn't a form of pvp requiring alot of clicking etc. Removing 1.8 PvP & only supporting 1.9+ is a very bad move for CubeCraft. They would most definitely lose a very large portion of their player base/network.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Ex. Actly.

Ok you say we just adapt? Cubecraft had about 15k players in the 1.8 era. What happened when Cubecraft almost dropped all support for 1.8, and just a few bigger ones? We are now on 4k players on avarage.
Secondly, 1.8 isn't unnecessary. There are 1.8 players who love this server. I've been here since 2013 and wouldn't want to leave for any other server. But, when this server becomes solely 1.9+, don't be surprised that a large part of the playerbase leaves. A lot of mods, helpers and the majority of the devs (sentinental) play on 1.8, so the server also takes a large hit. See what happened to mineplex when the devs split up.

And when you're running for president, you have to make everyone happy. If you just go for the people who would already vote for you, but they're just 10% of the country, you won't win. You have to get the majority of the people, even if you lose some that were on you're side previously.

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
While it's true that dropping 1.8 will lose the server a significant portion of its playerbase, it's worth taking into account all the potential new players it could get by sticking to the latest version (with the latest features, including combat). Those who play on 1.8 will, sooner or later migrate to hypixel, a server that has the resources to satisfy the 1.8 community better than any other server. On the other hand, many of the 1.9 players are scattered across small PvP and/or vanilla servers and are struggling to find a large network that would satisfy their needs. Considering Cubecraft is the only one of the big networks that supports 1.9, it could easily gather the whole 1.9+ community of Java Edition which is much larger than Cubecraft's current 1.8 playerbase. In other words the potential players the server would bring would be much more than those who might leave for the sake of 1.8 PvP.

banana69

Jul 8, 2020
Exactly how does 1.9+ require more skill?
If you've ever fought a good 1.9+ player you would understand (ideally in a fight that takes longer than 10 seconds). Sadly, many such players don't play on Cubecraft for various reasons. All I have to say is that the introduction of the cooldown has added many other factors (along with the inclusion of 1.8's strafing and w-tapping) to PvP such as the obvious timing and s-tapping. Timing is the most important factor now as it has completely redefined the so-called "combos". Unlike fast-clicking, timing is not a process that you could automate by the use of macros/autoclickers. It's all dependent on your relative position to the opponent and their previous move. Each fight feels unique as different opponents use different mindsets based on the situation. It's also worth mentioning that making mistakes in a 1.9 fight can easily affect the outcome of the battle/your opponents next move, whereas in 1.8 small mistakes are barely noticeable. This is the reason why a new player can easily familiarize themselves with 1.8 in a few hours whereas learning 1.9 properly takes weeks to months.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom