Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
As we all know, not too long ago there was another recruitment revamp: The recruitment team tweaked the previous requirements and came up with stricter ones.

Though, the only place you can find this thread is on the featured post (front) page by scrolling down. The problem is that the official Helper Information thread still mentions the old requirements and hasn’t been updated since.

My suggestion is that the official thread should be updated with the new information as the non-updated thread may be the cause of misinformation for many users resulting in more applications from those certain applicants getting denied.

It’s a simple suggestion, but I think it could come in quite useful in some cases if adjusted or moved.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Though, the only place you can find this thread is on the featured post (front)
It's linked in the requirements here:
871A818E-F063-4A15-9C2F-191AE6B79B65.jpeg

So I don't think this is necessary.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
It's linked in the requirementsView attachment 191448
So I don't think this is necessary.
Ah, yes. I must have missed that. My apologies. Though, that would make me want to add more to this suggestion.

Considering the official Helper Information thread explains everything clearly on its own except for just that, I’d still prefer seeing this get added to the thread rather than just a link to the announcement that’s already there. I read over it, so others might too.

Furthermore, it shouldn’t be too much work, so I can’t see any reason why not to edit the thread and just add that tiny little section.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Ah, yes. I must have missed that. My apologies. Though, that would make me want to add more to this suggestion.

Considering the official Helper Information thread explains everything clearly on its own except for just that, I’d still prefer seeing this get added to the thread rather than just a link to the announcement that’s already there. I read over it, so others might too.

Furthermore, it shouldn’t be too much work, so I can’t see any reason why not to edit the thread and just add that tiny little section.
I mean I personally think it's fine the way it is, if you're going to apply for helper you'll be taking a look at the requirements either way, so you'll probably end up clicking the link while you're at it. It also just makes the requirements a lot less messy.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean I personally think it's fine the way it is, if you're going to apply for helper you'll be taking a look at the requirements either way, so you'll probably end up clicking the link while you're at it. It also just makes the requirements a lot less messy.
I can see where you’re coming from and I respect your opinion, but every requirement besides the platform specific updated ones are listed in the Helper Information thread, so why wouldn’t the newer requirements be listed there as well? It really wouldn’t hurt to add an extra few lines to the thread. It’s an information thread about the Helper recruitment process after all. In my opinion, it should contain this too, even if just briefly.

As an applicant, you should read through these type of threads various times and also understand what you are reading, yes, but it’s also kind of messy to list things for the same goal in different threads. I know these couple of lines aren’t that important, but it creates confusion. Some things may not be as straightforward for others as they are for you.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I know these couple of lines aren’t that important, but it creates confusion.
I don't see how it creates confusion at all, clicking on a link isn't that hard- they literally specified what you'd be finding through that link, and if anything you get a lot more information that way since it's a detailed thread. Applicants are expected to be diligent and knowledgeable anyway, if you can't even take a minute to read a thread then why even bother applying.

Reactions: Texbirds

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I don't see how it creates confusion at all, clicking on a link isn't that hard- they literally specified what you'd be finding through that link, and if anything you get a lot more information that way since it's a detailed thread. Applicants are expected to be diligent and knowledgeable anyway, if you can't even take a minute to read a thread then why even bother applying.
Considering most people don't even go to the effort of looking to find where to apply for helper, I doubt that they'll read a whole thread for some small requirements. It's not necessary and they should be competent enough and put in the effort to read it, sure, but every little helps right?

Reactions: Hoshi

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
It's not necessary and they should be competent enough and put in the effort to read it, sure, but every little helps right?
The thing is, all you have to do is click the link and you get sent to this thread, the first thing you see is all you need to know, which is this:
1618703799882.png

All the information is there already, and sure, you could add it to the requirements but it would be a messy chunk of text since you have to separate both platforms, I feel if you keep it the way it is now it would also just encourage applicants to read more.

Last edited:

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I'd hardly say that there being a bigger chunk of text to read is a good enough reason to not keep all the information in one clear place. As it stands, that thread is pretty much a giant chunk of text. Could use some reformatting and some better headers to separate the texts. If anything, separate the already existing information into replies to the thread, with the main thread serving as a table of content.

If I remember correctly, in the past there was some tricks used by the team to filter out applicants more easily. Except, it meant closing the doors on some other potential applicants because they either weren't clearly informed of the update or it was just too unnoticeable. It makes more sense for everything to be in one place for all to see.

Edit: Here's the questions from the application way back in 2017. As you may have noticed, the last question seems super random to ask applicant. There's a reason for it.

What is your current Minecraft username?

Do you have any previous Minecraft usernames?

Please provide a link to your forums profile.

What country do you live in?

What is your age?

On average, how much time do you spend on Cubecraft every day?

On average, how much time do you spend on the forums every day?

What is your favourite game on Cubecraft?

Do you have any past experience as staff on other servers?

If yes, what rank did you hold, and what server were you staff on?

Have you ever been demoted from a staff team?

If yes, please explain why.

Have you ever been banned, muted, or kicked on Cubecraft?

If yes, please explain why.

What languages do you speak fluently?

Why do you want to be a helper on Cubecraft?

What makes you different from other applicants?

Is there anything you would like to make us aware of when considering your application? Please include such things as school or work obligations, special skills that may be useful in this position, etc.

How cool is Cubecraft? (Note: Not a Real Question)
- ULTRA COOL, BRO
- Pretty chill, my man
- Not bad, dude
- Lame-o, amigo

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Could use some reformatting and some better headers to separate the texts. If anything, separate the already existing information into replies to the thread, with the main thread serving as a table of content.
Do you mean making the main helper application thread a sort of table of contents? if so, the thread isn't really that long and difficult to navigate through, so I don't really see why there should be a table of contents.
It makes more sense for everything to be in one place for all to see.
That's the way it is though. The link just provides more information to that specific requirement. Since it's a full list, it's just better to keep it separate.
AAB995AA-4D03-4DB9-A4CE-EC76C7507D4D.jpeg

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Do you mean making the main helper application thread a sort of table of contents? if so, the thread isn't really that long and difficult to navigate through, so I don't really see why there should be a table of contents.

That's the way it is though. The link just provides more information to that specific requirement. Since it's a full list, it's just better to keep it separate.View attachment 191471
I'm still lost on why it's better to keep it separate? The only reason I saw so far as to why it's better to keep them separate is because of the huge chunk of text. Which is why I even bothered mentioning a table of content. I see more good in keeping everything in one place to save the hassle of navigating around several threads when looking into applying. And in the event they wish to add further content to the application, such as future updates, there's already a preordained system for them to do so.

All I'm saying is, there might be not a very huge demand for this be changed, but there's also like no reason for it not to be changed for the better. It's a QOL suggestion.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I'm still lost on why it's better to keep it separate? The only reason I saw so far as to why it's better to keep them separate is because of the huge chunk of text. Which is why I even bothered mentioning a table of content. I see more good in keeping everything in one place to save the hassle of navigating around several threads when looking into applying. And in the event they wish to add further content to the application, such as future updates, there's already a preordained system for them to do so.

All I'm saying is, there might be not a very huge demand for this be changed, but there's also like no reason for it not to be changed for the better. It's a QOL suggestion.
I get what you mean and I agree. If everything could be in one place without having to go to this specific thread and possibly more in the future, that would be way more efficient, but I personally don't like the idea of having a table of contents to do so. The thread just simply isn't big enough and I have a feeling that it would look out of place, but maybe I'm just not really visualizing it the way you are.

I just don't think the thread should be something you're navigating through but rather a sort of rundown on the helper application process and requirements.

The reason why I also think it's best to keep them separated is because it would solve that issue with the big chunk of text and redirect you to more information if needed.

But maybe there's other ways to make this work, or you could provide a more detailed example on how your table of contents idea could work. Perhaps they could include a spoiler so that the full list of restrictions collapses? I dunno I'm trying to brainstorm here.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
I'm pretty sure the reason they do this is to make sure you actually read the post rather than just applying, that way you understand more about helper. Could be wrong, though

Reactions: Nammed
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom