Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, Y'all!

This suggestion will be about the unnecessary emergency meetings in among slimes. (Very annoying :3)

What's the problem?
I've noticed a lot of unnecessarily emergency meetings in Among Slimes in the first few seconds of the game. Most of the time it's someone trolling, standing AFK, Instantly leaving or something else. I don't think this should be allowed.

How do we fix this?
I think that there are 2 options.

1. Make the cooldown longer.
The emergency button is rarely needed in the early game. Mostly it's because someone doesn't know how to report a body or something. I think it's a good idea to make the button available after 1.30 minutes when the game starts. (I think that this is the best solution).

2. Make it reportable.
This is the "aggressive" solution. This will stop people from doing it. Everyone will report this because it is kind of the most annoying thing in the game right now xD.

Thanks for reading this suggestion.
Any other idea's or solutions? Tell me!

Credits to @FleurSchx

D

Deleted member 486250

I think it’s already reportable under trolling

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I don't agree with either of them. I mean, imagine a situation in which you get chased down by the imposter in the first minute of the game. It's very unlikely, but could still happen. How are you going to defend yourself? You wouldn't be able to defend yourself against any suspicious behaviour, which could be quite frustrating.

About the second suggestion: No please. People could be new to the game, and accidentally push the button or whatever. Anyhow, it'd basically be self destruction as you only get 1 emergency meeting per person, meaning that the 'troller' would have no meetings left.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Well I think making it reportable is the best solution here because it's basically trolling. I don't want to wait 1.30 minutes before I can press the button if I see someone venting or something. Option 2 seems the best to me now.

Reactions: Quis

eZPunish

Feb 17, 2016
Portugal
Hey!

As some staff already said above, I think the best option here is that if someone is abusing the emergency button, just because, then yes, players could record and report and the player be punished

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I disagree with the first solution, because of the arguments RemRemTheSheepeyy already mentioned, there is always a chance you’ve to call an emergency meeting in the beginning of the game. It’s possible that you catch the impostor in the very beginning, because you get get chased or you see the impostor venting.

I agree with making it reportable, it’s very annoying if someone calls an emergency meeting just to troll or because they are crewmate and wanted to get voted out, so they don’t have to leave. (Leave the game makes the chance of becoming an impostor in the next round lower.) But to prefent that people who are new to the game and call an emergency meeting by accident are getting punished, I think a solution could be a warning in the chat if someone wants to use the emergency meeting in the beginning of the game: ‘calling an emergency meeting as a troll is not allowed’.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree with either of them. I mean, imagine a situation in which you get chased down by the imposter in the first minute of the game. It's very unlikely, but could still happen. How are you going to defend yourself? You wouldn't be able to defend yourself against any suspicious behaviour, which could be quite frustrating.

About the second suggestion: No please. People could be new to the game, and accidentally push the button or whatever. Anyhow, it'd basically be self destruction as you only get 1 emergency meeting per person, meaning that the 'troller' would have no meetings left.
I understand. But it is about fun. It could be someone new, but they could at least say something.
When they don't, it is trolling. They just call the meeting and wait for the last second and then leaves. That is just trying to annoy other people.

When they do say something like asking a question about the game or something else, I wouldn't make it reportable. But when someone just waits or random vote someone, it should be reportable.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's not about the new players though- it's about those who press the button and straight after post the lyrics of Never Gonna Give You Up (this actually happened lmao)
That should be reportable, and it is already :)

• Haha
Reactions: remio

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I mentioned this myself in a conversation with Quis when we were playing Among Slimes together. A lot of games in a row, it was the case that at the very beginning of the game the button was pressed by someone who thought he was funny (trolling) or just suddenly was "afk". This was very frustrating and I think that we need a solution for this. Personally, I prefer the longer cooldown (because I don't use the button at all), but I think the second suggestion can also help a lot.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
2. Make it reportable.
This is the "aggressive" solution. This will stop people from doing it. Everyone will report this because it is kind of the most annoying thing in the game right now xD.
Hey!

This is already reportable for trolling as trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player. This is the case when you press the button without a reason.

I think making the waiting time longer is also not a good solution, I don't feel like it would solve the problem or make it occur less. I don't want to wait 1.5 minute to be able to press the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom