Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheHyperioniteYT

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
My mind was completely blown away when I received the information that camping is strictly forbidden on this game. Let's make this clear, there are 2 different types of camping:
1- Building traps and killing players with them, or building bases with traps also to kill players;
2- Hiding far away and/or making yourself inaccessible.

Maybe this one could be banable, but we must look at this from another point of view: I don't think anything should be banable as long as players are allowed to solve it by themselves. You can ban hackers and spammers because people can't runaway from that, but if they suspect someone is a camper, they might as well leave. Trying to keep playing with a camper and making the match last much longer is only the other players fault because they are 100% allowed to leave the gameplay. Besides that, it's the campers' choice to play like that. The non-campers are only making drama by saying there is a camper somewhere and not leaving, actually making a bigger problem than what it should be. Also, if the match does take longer, it's not the campers fault that you're not patient enough.
Accept it: camping is NOT banable.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Well first of all, the only styles of camping that are punishable are "skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate." as seen here. This means that the player(s) in question are strictly trying to ensure that it is impossible to kill them or that they want the game to end in either a draw or rage quit from the opposing player(s).

Building traps and killing players with them, or building bases with traps also to kill players;
As long as these bases/traps are not in the air, under the islands, or far away from the playable area then there are no issues with doing this.

it's not the campers fault that you're not patient enough.
In the cases where we actually do ban for camping, patience is not a factor as the people camping never do intend on leaving the safety of their base. This means that the player(s), that are camping, will then have either an easy win by the opposing player(s), that are not camping, quitting or them not being able to be reached/fought without easily killing the people coming for them.

camping is NOT banable.
According to the rules, which I linked earlier, "Camping is strictly prohibited." meaning it is very much so punishable and the players that are reported/caught breaking this rule will be punished accordingly.

All of that being said, we do encourage players to find ways to kill the campers in their games, but also to report them on the site.

Reactions: Twania

TheHyperioniteYT

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
In the air or under the islands, I don't see a problem with that because they can still be reached, somehow. I don't see a problem with making them far from the map either because you can add a building limit.
"Patience is not a factor as the people camping never do intend on leaving the safety of their base." You just contradicted yourself. Not leaving the safety of your base requires you to stay in the same place for a long time, which requires patience.
"The player(s), that are camping, will then have either an easy win by the opposing player(s), that are not camping, quitting (...)". If having an easy win is the problem then you could most likely remove kits or higher ranks, OP chests and so on. I don't think having an easy win is a problem since everyone should be allowed to do it.
"(...) or them not being able to be reached/fought without easily killing the people coming for them." That's where the fun begins. Trying to find a way of reaching a camper makes you turn your brain on and play smart instead of using only "physical" power. I'm sorry if most players are too dumb to fight a camper and as a result start making a big drama about it.
"'Camping is strictly prohibited.' meaning it is very much so punishable and the players that are reported/caught breaking this rule will be punished accordingly." This is something I forgot to talk about on my first post: something is only banable if it actually starts bothering people and, let's be honest, camping doesn't really bother anyone. If you see a camper, you can either start trying to have fun and destroying him with what you have and "solve the riddle" or either leave the match if you think you can't do it. I've camped in lots of other servers before and I swear: thinking out of the box and innovating by ignoring the PvP and doing things never done before were the keys to the best and funniest moments I've ever lived in SkyWars :D.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
In the air or under the islands, I don't see a problem with that because they can still be reached, somehow. I don't see a problem with making them far from the map either because you can add a building limit.
We have building limits, which do not stop people from camping.

"Patience is not a factor as the people camping never do intend on leaving the safety of their base." You just contradicted yourself. Not leaving the safety of your base requires you to stay in the same place for a long time, which requires patience.
Let me word that better, patience for what? For the game to end, which it never will? If the player(s) camping do not leave their skybase or other built base ever, then the other people are being patient for no reason except to spend hours doing nothing.

"The player(s), that are camping, will then have either an easy win by the opposing player(s), that are not camping, quitting (...)". If having an easy win is the problem then you could most likely remove kits or higher ranks, OP chests and so on. I don't think having an easy win is a problem since everyone should be allowed to do it.
If every player camps, then the games would never end, no one would win and it would be a constant battle of who can camp the longest. The point of the games we have is to fight and win with various strategies.

"'Camping is strictly prohibited.' meaning it is very much so punishable and the players that are reported/caught breaking this rule will be punished accordingly." This is something I forgot to talk about on my first post: something is only banable if it actually starts bothering people and, let's be honest, camping doesn't really bother anyone. If you see a camper, you can either start trying to have fun and destroying him with what you have and "solve the riddle" or either leave the match if you think you can't do it. I've camped in lots of other servers before and I swear: thinking out of the box and innovating by ignoring the PvP and doing things never done before were the keys to the best and funniest moments I've ever lived in SkyWars :D.
If no one was complaining, it would not be punishable. Also if no one was complaining, no one would ever be reported for it. Clearly people have an issue with it and do not enjoy this. There are still people that are irritated by it and they create threads to try and prevent it even more than just a ban would. I will say this again, camping is a punishable offence.

Reactions: remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
My mind was completely blown away when I received the information that camping is strictly forbidden on this game. Let's make this clear, there are 2 different types of camping:
1- Building traps and killing players with them, or building bases with traps also to kill players;
2- Hiding far away and/or making yourself inaccessible.

Maybe this one could be banable, but we must look at this from another point of view: I don't think anything should be banable as long as players are allowed to solve it by themselves. You can ban hackers and spammers because people can't runaway from that, but if they suspect someone is a camper, they might as well leave. Trying to keep playing with a camper and making the match last much longer is only the other players fault because they are 100% allowed to leave the gameplay. Besides that, it's the campers' choice to play like that. The non-campers are only making drama by saying there is a camper somewhere and not leaving, actually making a bigger problem than what it should be. Also, if the match does take longer, it's not the campers fault that you're not patient enough.
1. That's NOT up on you.
2. Trapping is fun and shouldn't become bannable.
3. It's annoying if someone hides the whole match.
You can report camping players, because it's not fair if you're hiding the whole match.
4. I think it's the camper's fault if a match takes longer, because he doesn't like to PvP.
I don't like your idea.
I think campers should be punished, because they take out the pace of the game.
Sorry, -1 from me.
(BTW camping is already bannable so why should we change it?)

TheHyperioniteYT

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
"We have building limits, which do not stop people from camping."
They do. Don't tell me there is no difference between a base 20 blocks away from an island and another one in the middle of the complete void. A building limit is already a drastic decrease in the chances of a camper winning the game, which removes the need of it to be banable.

"Let me word that better, patience for what? For the game to end, which it never will?"
You almost answered you own question. The game will end, in fact, most players I see who fight other campers give up in less than one hour which, let's admit it, it's not that long. If players don't leave when they see the match is taking too long, they can leave at their will.

"If the player(s) camping do not leave their skybase or other built base ever, then the other people are being patient for no reason except to spend hours doing nothing."
While the camping doesn't leave it, the other players can get more OP by increasing all their equipment for better chances to win. No one I met ever spent hours doing nothing. Besides that, there are compasses in your server, for gods sake. I think players know what they're for.

"If every player camps, then the games would never end (...)".
They would, as I stated previously.

"(...) no one would win and it would be a constant battle of who can camp the longest."
Someone would eventually win, and besides that, try to get 24 campers on the same map. What are the odds of that even happening? The amount of campers in your server is very low, another reason why I think camping shouldn't be banable. In my opinion you are seeing camping as a very negative thing, which is not. It's actually very funny :P.

"The point of the games we have is to fight and win with various strategies."
I know what the point of the games is, and that's exactly why I don't play according to it. It becomes boring at one point, the SkyWars matches are always the same. Try to prove me wrong: you open the chests, put armor, go to the middle or to other islands trying to kill players. It's always that normal sequence, and verybody knows that being normal is just boring.

"If no one was complaining, it would not be punishable. Also if no one was complaining, no one would ever be reported for it. Clearly people have an issue with it and do not enjoy this. There are still people that are irritated by it and they create threads to try and prevent it even more than just a ban would."
Then it shouldn't be punishable, because I never saw people complaining except when I would clearly tell them I was camping. The only time people complain is when someone on chat brings it up. The people who have issues with camping can just find another way of killing those players, there are enderpearls and TNT's for that. If they can't find those, as I already said lots of times, they can leave the match. Last but not least, camping doesn't affect people so much that you have to ban them for it. That seems like a pretty exaggerated punishment.

"I will say this again, camping is a punishable offence."
I find it funny when you call it "offence" but it's more like a defensive strategy. Read that correctly? STRATEGY! Makes part of the game!

Accept it: camping shouldn't be banable!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
"We have building limits, which do not stop people from camping."
They do. Don't tell me there is no difference between a base 20 blocks away from an island and another one in the middle of the complete void. A building limit is already a drastic decrease in the chances of a camper winning the game, which removes the need of it to be banable.

"Let me word that better, patience for what? For the game to end, which it never will?"
You almost answered you own question. The game will end, in fact, most players I see who fight other campers give up in less than one hour which, let's admit it, it's not that long. If players don't leave when they see the match is taking too long, they can leave at their will.

"If the player(s) camping do not leave their skybase or other built base ever, then the other people are being patient for no reason except to spend hours doing nothing."
While the camping doesn't leave it, the other players can get more OP by increasing all their equipment for better chances to win. No one I met ever spent hours doing nothing. Besides that, there are compasses in your server, for gods sake. I think players know what they're for.

"If every player camps, then the games would never end (...)".
They would, as I stated previously.

"(...) no one would win and it would be a constant battle of who can camp the longest."
Someone would eventually win, and besides that, try to get 24 campers on the same map. What are the odds of that even happening? The amount of campers in your server is very low, another reason why I think camping shouldn't be banable. In my opinion you are seeing camping as a very negative thing, which is not. It's actually very funny :p.

"The point of the games we have is to fight and win with various strategies."
I know what the point of the games is, and that's exactly why I don't play according to it. It becomes boring at one point, the SkyWars matches are always the same. Try to prove me wrong: you open the chests, put armor, go to the middle or to other islands trying to kill players. It's always that normal sequence, and verybody knows that being normal is just boring.

"If no one was complaining, it would not be punishable. Also if no one was complaining, no one would ever be reported for it. Clearly people have an issue with it and do not enjoy this. There are still people that are irritated by it and they create threads to try and prevent it even more than just a ban would."
Then it shouldn't be punishable, because I never saw people complaining except when I would clearly tell them I was camping. The only time people complain is when someone on chat brings it up. The people who have issues with camping can just find another way of killing those players, there are enderpearls and TNT's for that. If they can't find those, as I already said lots of times, they can leave the match. Last but not least, camping doesn't affect people so much that you have to ban them for it. That seems like a pretty exaggerated punishment.

"I will say this again, camping is a punishable offence."
I find it funny when you call it "offence" but it's more like a defensive strategy. Read that correctly? STRATEGY! Makes part of the game!

Accept it: camping shouldn't be banable!
Why should I accept it?
It's not up on you.

TheHyperioniteYT

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
"1. That's NOT up on you."
I can give my opinion about the subject. I'm not even being forced to write this, I do it because I think it's important.

"2. Trapping is fun and shouldn't become bannable."
Trapping makes part of camping, it's impossible to avoid that. If you don't ban traps you can't ban camping.

"3. It's annoying if someone hides the whole match."
If everything players do that's annoying could be reported, then nobody could even join the server. You can leave the game at your own will, the chances of getting a camper in another match is very low.

"You can report camping players, because it's not fair if you're hiding the whole match."
Same as 3.

"
4. I think it's the camper's fault if a match takes longer, because he doesn't like to PvP.
I don't like your idea."
It's also your fault if the game takes longer because you can leave. If you're staying on a match for a long time because of a camper you're just falling to his trap. Didn't you say trapping was fun? Also, I'm a pro camper (if that even makes sense xD) and I like to PvP, but find it funnier to build secret traps and bases.

"I think campers should be punished, because they take out the pace of the game"
That's exactly why I think they shouldn't be punished. Changing the pace of the game is actually something hard to do if you're not creative. Saying campers should be punished because they don't play SkyWards like everybody else is like saying black people should be punished because they don't look the same as us: it's just horrific.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
"1. That's NOT up on you."
I can give my opinion about the subject. I'm not even being forced to write this, I do it because I think it's important.

"2. Trapping is fun and shouldn't become bannable."
Trapping makes part of camping, it's impossible to avoid that. If you don't ban traps you can't ban camping.

"3. It's annoying if someone hides the whole match."
If everything players do that's annoying could be reported, then nobody could even join the server. You can leave the game at your own will, the chances of getting a camper in another match is very low.

"You can report camping players, because it's not fair if you're hiding the whole match."
Same as 3.

"
I don't like your idea."
It's also your fault if the game takes longer because you can leave. If you're staying on a match for a long time because of a camper you're just falling to his trap. Didn't you say trapping was fun? Also, I'm a pro camper (if that even makes sense xD) and I like to PvP, but find it funnier to build secret traps and bases.

"I think campers should be punished, because they take out the pace of the game"
That's exactly why I think they shouldn't be punished. Changing the pace of the game is actually something hard to do if you're not creative. Saying campers should be punished because they don't play SkyWards like everybody else is like saying black people should be punished because they don't look the same as us: it's just horrific.
1. You said just accept it.
I think you want to force it.
2. I made a thread about trapping, staff said trapping isn't bannable, because it's a strategy.
3. If you leave, the camper will win. He won't learn from his mistakes.

TheHyperioniteYT

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
I don't want to force anything, sorry if it sounded like that xD,
Everything OK to me about 2., but...
...3? Camping is not a mistake. And most part of the times I played as a camper I actually lost xD.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
@TheHyperioniteYT , someone who actually takes their time writing threads, +1.

Camping actually gives you 1 major disadvantage. In skywars (thread is tagged skywars so...) there is a finite amount of stuff in the map, a finite amount of food, blocks, durability on weapons/tools and projectiles. You can get infinite blocks and snowballs from a snow golem or cobble gen however you need tools to do this which will break making it finite, and you can also get an infinite amount of WATER (not water buckets) from water sources, however unless you make a food farm in a skybase, the camper will starve to death first. They will run out if blocks to patch up their skybase, they usually are outgeared. They won't have many projectiles to throw at the enemy, so they end up being a cat in a tree, a floating tree over the void. they can't camp forever.

I do agree when you say sw is the same thing every game, however when every game is just another campfest it is probably better to have every game a non camping game. While facing a camper does take brains, it either ends with the non camper being egged off or the camper being absolutely slaughtered since they were ubdergeared.

TheHyperioniteYT

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
Well, at least we know one thing that will never happen: lots of campers in a single match :P.
No, a camper won't starve to death because campers barely move around on their bases, so it's almost impossible for that to happen.

Another thing that I remembered: people say trapping is not banable...
How the hell to you distinguish between trapping and camping? Except some cases, it's almost mandatory for you to camp in order to make a trap. People have the wrong idea of camping: you can hide next to a trap you made to activate it when needed, it IS actually camping. Hiding somewhere almost impossible to reach is not camping, it's just hiding. HIDING yes, should be baned.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom