Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SighCarlos

Aug 15, 2017
Hello.

As I was on the server I realized the word "gay" and "lesbian" are censored words..?
I understand, people use these words as an insult but I feel like as someone who is gay it's highly offensive. Just because people view it as offensive doesn't mean it should be. The word "gay" and "lesbian" aren't offensive words. I see it as slightly homophobic. It's like censoring the word (this is an example) "boat" because people use it in the wrong way. It makes no sense.

Reactions: Facelurite
F

Facelurite

I'm not going to discriminate, but I think there are more people who use "gay" and "lesbian" as an insult than that there are people who are really gay/lesbian.
Lies. 10 year olds who think its funny are the only people who say so.

Rational thinkers come up with better insults than that. Gay and lesbian should not be censored.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
I can see this being a potential argument...

I've seen so many people, young and old, calling others ''Gay'' ''Lesbian'' and ''Homosexual'' to insult them. I can't imagine how many people use it online.

I also think that if you're going to tell someone your sexualality, you'd know them first. Which means that you'd tell them in parties or private messages. I'm not for sure if it's censored in private conversations or not though.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I also think that if you're going to tell someone your sexualality, you'd know them first. Which means that you'd tell them in parties or private messages. I'm not for sure if it's censored in private conversations or not though.
It is not censored in private messages. Most of the time, nothing is censored in private messages, to my knowledge.

As for this thread, I do not know where I stand with this. I could see it being an issue if it was uncensored, but also I can see where you may be coming from too. Although @TriangleAttack makes a good point, you would probably know the person you are telling this to or at least would be communicating in private. For me I do not think this needs to be uncensored due to the majority of kids that would attempt to use this as an insult, but if it is uncensored I will not fight it either.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
I dont see any reason to divulge your sexuality in public chat as it is none of their buissness, and there are some people out there who are completely against gays for example. If you need to tell someone something or just mention the word then just private message them or add them to a party since the chat filter isnt enabled there. A big reason that you are not allowed to say it is because most of the kids that play this server who get mad use it as an insult, 9 times out of 10 the word gay is used as an insult in online gaming, in order to express their aggression onto you.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
Lies. 10 year olds who think its funny are the only people who say so.

Rational thinkers come up with better insults than that. Gay and lesbian should not be censored.
Cubecrafts target audience is 10 year olds, and the majority of the audience are 9 to 12 year olds, who will indeed do what you just said

Reactions: Maaarijn

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Gay and lesbian are in the swearfilter because it was more used to insult people than in a good way. Our staffteam isn't homophobic, we have a couple staffmembers that are gay, we just noticed that to many people got insulted with the word gay.

- Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Thank you sir! 🖖
RobinDn wrote on S4nne's profile.