Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should it be possible to make your forum name the same as a mini game?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I recently found out that I couldn't change my forum name to "Ender" because it is a seasonal game (halloween) that I didn't even know existed. At first I kinda understood, but now that I think about it, why can't people have the same forums name as a mini game? Lets make a hypothetical situation and say that my Minecraft name was "Minerware". If I decided to join the forums I would assume that most people (including myself) would like to have the same forum name as their IGN. But because you cannot have the same name as a mini game, poor "Minerware" needs to come up with a different name for forums. I don't exactly see why this rule was put in place and I feel like it wouldn't cause any harm to allow people to have the same name as a mini game.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I recently found out that I couldn't change my forum name to "Ender" because it is a seasonal game (halloween) that I didn't even know existed. At first I kinda understood, but now that I think about it, why can't people have the same forums name as a mini game? Lets make a hypothetical situation and say that my Minecraft name was "Minerware". If I decided to join the forums I would assume that most people (including myself) would like to have the same forum name as their IGN. But because you cannot have the same name as a mini game, poor "Minerware" needs to come up with a different name for forums. I don't exactly see why this rule was put in place and I feel like it wouldn't cause any harm to allow people to have the same name as a mini game.
This is SUCH a rare occurrence that I don't think that they will put in the coding effort to attend to this. If you have an issue they could make an exception somehow.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
What coding effort? It’s just changing a rule
I'm a coder and some web developer would have to go into the code and find the "Not allowed names" part and go through and change some of the words and I'm sure that they're there for a reason. But I see your argument so if someone wants to do that I have no issue with it.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
It’s something simple, really and wouldn’t happen very often but for the few times it does it might be a nice option to allow this,
Now just a little theory: This might just be to avoid confusion or because some coding, like that in windows your folder and files can’t have a specific name since it will mess with system files. The forum might have so (invisible) user names that one for something something..?
Any staff that’s willing to say, ooh boy you’re wrong? And give the real reason? Or say I’m right but I highly doubt that to be fair.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I'm a coder and some web developer would have to go into the code and find the "Not allowed names" part and go through and change some of the words and I'm sure that they're there for a reason.
They are using xenForo. xenForo is configurable.

And that’s a poor practise, you should have a database (or file) for storing forbidden names

Reactions: ItzEnd3r and Fesa
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game