Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is it good?

• Total voters

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Holy cow I forgot this, edit: one would open every hour, for example 10:00 then start at 10:05 as long as there are 3 players, so instead of waiting in the lobby you can wait for 10:00 and then join the lobby.

So I made a post yesterday in a very small thread (hardly anyone noticed) so what I was thinking was a total revamp of UHC, well, I personally don't think it would take too much work, but what do I know?

World settings
Vanilla world excluding oceans and possibly swamps. Border of 1000 in all directions of 0, 0. Takes 40 minutes to shrink to 100 out in all directions. 30 or 50 could be a voting option. "Game speed" is a good name of the voting paper?
Kits should be all removed (points be refunded?) Instead everyone gets a book and 10 steak, book for enchants
I wonder what the steak is for?
Players death, this is what I think players should drop on death
ONTOP OF EVERYTHING THE PLAYER HAD ORIGINALLY when someone dies they should
drop, 5 gold, 1 string, 1 diamond and 3 books and 16 arrows as well as the current health potion maybe as a voting option?
Voting options
Please suggest more of these, I'm all ears, (or eyes since I'm reading it).
Ok there's a lot of them, get ready, why so many? All these are simple and when mixed together can create an endless amount of different gamemodes so it's a new experience each game.

Cutclean
The HC vote is no change
The default is cutclean
ores and mobs dropped cooked and smelted ores
And OP Cutclean as the last one, ores drop double the amount, 1 iron ore gives 2 smelted ingots, same with everything.

Fire options
Water buckets are uncraftable for the HC option
Default fire
Fireless (everyone has fire res)

Diamond add ons
Blood diamonds, mining a diamond ore deals 1/2 a heart of damage to the person minging it
Default (no change)
Healing diamonds: heals a heart of the player mining a diamond for each ore.

Different border size, vote for normal, 200 bigger or 200 smaller.

True or false options, the following are all in the same voting thing and ranks each get to vote for one of them, obsidians get to pick 2?

Timber, breaking one block of a tree breaks the whole tree giving you all of it

No fall damage, self explanatory

Goldless, the only way to get healing is killing other players.

Bowless (self explanatory)
That's all I thought for now, I will update the main thread with any other ideas anyone has if I find it good or several others do.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
So I made a post yesterday in a very small thread (hardly anyone noticed) so what I was thinking was a total revamp of UHC, well, I personally don't think it would take too much work, but what do I know?

World settings
Vanilla world excluding oceans and possibly swamps. Border of 1000 in all directions of 0, 0. Takes 40 minutes to shrink to 100 out in all directions. 30 or 50 could be a voting option. "Game speed" is a good name of the voting paper?
Kits should be all removed (points be refunded?) Instead everyone gets a book and 10 steak, book for enchants
when someone dies they should
drop, 5 gold, 1 string, 1 diamond and 3 books and 16 arrows as well as the current health potion[
Voting options
Ok there's a lot of them, get ready, why so many? All these are simple and when mixed together can create an endless amount of different gamemodes so it's a new experience each game.
Cutclean

The HC vote is no change
The default is cutclean
And OP Cutclean as the last one, ores drop double the amount, 1 iron ore gives 2 smelted ingots, same with everything.

Fire options
(Not sure how to make this work but) water doesn't put out fire as the HC option
Default fire

Diamond add ons
Blood diamonds, mining a diamond ore deals 1/2 a heart of damage to the person minging it
Default (no change)
Healing diamonds heals a heart of the player mining a diamond for each ore.

True or false options, the following are all in the same voting thing and ranks each get to vote for one of them, obsidians get to pick 2?

Insta boom Tnt. Self explanatory, not very interesting, but fun to have

That's all I thought for now, I will update the main thread with any other ideas anyone has if I find it good or several others do.
Nobody is playing it anyway, so I am not sure if this has any impact on that...

D

Deleted member 377664

Not many players play uhc at the moment do it would be kinda useless xd

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
The regular time interval sounds good, however on peak days like Friday and the weekend, and at peak times (4-7 pm GMT) games will be starting much more regularly than in the morning / night. If we could fit hundreds players into a game as some servers do, this wouldn't be a problem, however currently the highest player limit on Cubecraft is 40 per game. Maybe if a game was guaranteed to start every hour, but additionally if the demand was high more games could be automatically scheduled between. There could even be a countdown timer to the next game when hovering over UHC in the compass menu, or at least holograms for the next few in the lobby.

I agree with your world settings.

I don't see the problem with kits, you have said that bows are OP but making them harder to obtain is just going to make them more OP when few others have one.
As for the book, it really isn't hard to find some sugar cane and a cow to kill - same goes for the steak.
If kits were to go, I would rather you had no starting items, otherwise why not let them decide what items they want depending on their strategy?

I don't support the idea of players dropping additional items and resources on death - they'll most likely have some on them anyway, and it's too repetitive and dependable if they are always the same drops. If you want certain resources, go kill a player who has collected them, or go them them yourself. I think killing players should be about getting their actual stuff (the quality and quantity of which depends on how experienced of a player they are) and healing to make fighting more sustainable. You shouldn't be rewarded so greatly for killing inexperienced players for example who often won't have picked up any of the items you suggest.

Voting options:
I don't see why cutclean should be the default when the most intuitive, traditional and vanilla why is to have to smelt items. I wouldn't mind it being a vote option for iron rank though.
We already have the no fall and double ore options which are popular and I agree should stay.
Fire resistance would be a good option, and would promote travelling to the nether for those games.
I'm not sure if you are suggesting you can't extinguish a player with fire, or that fire blocks cannot be destroyed by water. The first option would make flint and steel and lava unnaturally powerful, and also losing a fight much less fun and winning one much less deserved. The second meaning would just be a bit strange and confusing; I don't think it is what you mean.
Blood diamonds are okay I suppose, and could help balance the game for less lucky miners. Both diamond health suggestions seem a bit unnecessary. Sure, it would change the dynamics of the game a little but I don't think they would make it any more enjoyable.
Timber works well if implemented in the same way as in Speed UHC, but if there is no consecutive block/range limit it I think it is too powerful and may cause too much lag if for example after connecting up the trees you leave behind an entire forest of decaying leaves.
You say instaboom TNT is not very interesting. I also think it isn't so fun to have, and especially not to fall victim to. It ruins the feel of UHC as it is so overpowered, yet such an undeserved weapon for the lack of skill it requires. It would ruin so many people's games and make any fight in which it was used seem unfair - as soon as one player goes to heal the other can instantly blow them up. I'd much rather have a proper fight with someone than place 3 blocks and receive a tonne of unused healing.

Overall I like your ideas of what may interest players, by making every game more different, but I personally think rewarding players with kits and abilities made only available through their efforts in UHC (so not just global points) is the best way to keep players coming back. It then becomes a journey with goals and even if you don't succeed in a game, you have still made progress. Variety is still supplied by some voting options as you suggested, but it also comes from the options to use the kits you have so far unlocked for the strategy you want to perform, with the promise of achieving more kits and abilities, so more play styles and options, in the future.

However, I have a feeling they won't be fixing the current game-breaking bug for a long time (if ever), which has to be the main thing stopping people from playing.

Hopefully threads like this will bring their attention to the problems and how the community really does still care about UHC!

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The regular time interval sounds good, however on peak days like Friday and the weekend, and at peak times (4-7 pm GMT) games will be starting much more regularly than in the morning / night. If we could fit hundreds players into a game as some servers do, this wouldn't be a problem, however currently the highest player limit on Cubecraft is 40 per game.

I was thinking having higher limit, maybe 120?

Maybe if a game was guaranteed to start every hour, but additionally if the demand was high more games could be automatically scheduled between. There could even be a countdown timer to the next game when hovering over UHC in the compass menu, or at least holograms for the next few in the lobby.

Good idea, maybe if peak hours there could be 1 every half hour?

I agree with your world settings.

Thx :] I was also thinking boosted cave/ore spawns

I don't see the problem with kits, you have said that bows are OP but making them harder to obtain is just going to make them more OP when few others have one.
As for the book, it really isn't hard to find some sugar cane and a cow to kill - same goes for the steak.

It's just there to prevent early starving, and some games cane seems to be a spawn RNG, diamonds are in every chunk but cane usually isn't, there may be miles between them.

If kits were to go, I would rather you had no starting items, otherwise why not let them decide what items they want depending on their strategy?

I geuss kits are alright, but when there is 1 kit everyone always uses (usually bow kit) there really shouldn't be a point for selecting if everyone always uses the same thing. If the kits are 100% balanced, then I wouldn't care. (Also they can't be too overpowered).

I don't support the idea of players dropping additional items and resources on death - they'll most likely have some on them anyway, and it's too repetitive and dependable if they are always the same drops. If you want certain resources, go kill a player who has collected them, or go them them yourself. I think killing players should be about getting their actual stuff (the quality and quantity of which depends on how experienced of a player they are) and healing to make fighting more sustainable. You shouldn't be rewarded so greatly for killing inexperienced players for example who often won't have picked up any of the items you suggest.

I got this from the UHC option called Bleeding Sweets, they also drop all the items in their inventories too on top of the extra items, it gives more incentive to get kills as opposed to mining the whole game.

Voting options:
I don't see why cutclean should be the default when the most intuitive, traditional and vanilla why is to have to smelt items.

Every badlion and Reddit UHC I have done in the past (2 badlion and 3 reddits) have been cutclean, it simply speeds up the game,

I wouldn't mind it being a vote option for iron rank though.
We already have the no fall and double ore options which are popular and I agree should stay.
Fire resistance would be a good option, and would promote travelling to the nether for those games.
I'm not sure if you are suggesting you can't extinguish a player with fire, or that fire blocks cannot be destroyed by water.

Extinguishing players
The first option would make flint and steel and lava unnaturally powerful, and also losing a fight much less fun and winning one much less deserved.

I'll remove it from the thread, does seem too op

The second meaning would just be a bit strange and confusing; I don't think it is what you mean.
Blood diamonds are okay I suppose, and could help balance the game for less lucky miners. Both diamond health suggestions seem a bit unnecessary. Sure, it would change the dynamics of the game a little but I don't think they would make it any more enjoyable.

Meh, they could make the game interesting, makes it so you don't want to mine as many diamonds, a risk reward.

Timber works well if implemented in the same way as in Speed UHC, but if there is no consecutive block/range limit it I think it is too powerful and may cause too much lag if for example after connecting up the trees you leave behind an entire forest of decaying leaves.

Yeah, it only would cut blocks above and below it, or 4x trees :/.

You say instaboom TNT is not very interesting. I also think it isn't so fun to have, and especially not to fall victim to. It ruins the feel of UHC as it is so overpowered, yet such an undeserved weapon for the lack of skill it requires. It would ruin so many people's games and make any fight in which it was used seem unfair - as soon as one player goes to heal the other can instantly blow them up. I'd much rather have a proper fight with someone than place 3 blocks and receive a tonne of unused healing.

Okey will remove from thread.

Overall I like your ideas of what may interest players, by making every game more different, but I personally think rewarding players with kits and abilities made only available through their efforts in UHC (so not just global points)

Yes.

Is the best way to keep players coming back. It then becomes a journey with goals and even if you don't succeed in a game, you have still made progress. Variety is still supplied by some voting options as you suggested, but it also comes from the options to use the kits you have so far unlocked for the strategy you want to perform, with the promise of achieving more kits and abilities, so more play styles and options, in the future.

However, I have a feeling they won't be fixing the current game-breaking bug for a long time (if ever), which has to be the main thing stopping people from playing.

If cubecraft will add a /rejoin already ¶_∆

Hopefully threads like this will bring their attention to the problems and how the community really does still care about UHC!

Spread the word!!!

(You guys liked my first post where I brought this up @CommunistCactus and @CommunistCactusfanboy )

Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Cool suggestions, but I think players should just drop all their items on death, and no other things. One of the reasons no one liked it in the first place is because it was too different, with the custom world and such. Classic UHC is fine, why mess with it? But if some people like the extra featuresx , maybe that could be a separate game, similar to eggwars vs speed eggwars.

D

Deleted member 377664

Read the edit and rethink, besides these updates could bring players to want to play UHC.
People would play more then, but there would still be not enough players probably

D

Deleted member 377664

If everyone knew there was one game each hour, everyone would prepare for that time and then a game could be played then. It's not a full revival but it sure helps.
It's more like that the players were hyped in the beginning and they don't want to play it anymore. Not many players atleast

D

Deleted member 377664

The love for UHC remains in the Cubecraft community, people don't want to play it anymore because it crashes so often (though people believe it crashes more than it truthfully does - about 1 in 5 games).
As "people" would love it, there still wouldn't be that much players everyday. And it haven't even crashed once for me

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Sorry I am just curious how many spoilers can go inside themselves sorry if this message is useless

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Holy cow I forgot this, edit: one would open every hour, for example 10:00 then start at 10:05 as long as there are 3 players, so instead of waiting in the lobby you can wait for 10:00 and then join the lobby.

World settings
ONTOP OF EVERYTHING THE PLAYER HAD ORIGINALLY when someone dies they should
drop, 5 gold, 1 string, 1 diamond and 3 books and 16 arrows as well as the current health potion maybe as a voting option?
Voting options
Please suggest more of these, I'm all ears, (or eyes since I'm reading it).

Cutclean
The HC vote is no change
The default is cutclean

Fire options
Water buckets are uncraftable for the HC option
Default fire

Diamond add ons
Default (no change)
Healing diamonds: heals a heart of the player mining a diamond for each ore.

Goldless, the only way to get healing is killing other players.

Bowless (self explanatory)
I don’t think updating a dead game is the best idea no matter what. Unless they change the map to a vanilla world and make better gamemode options. No fall damage? No. That is just you having to be careful in the game! I dont think anything in this thread would help revive uhc. I like the timber idea though.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom