Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

jermii5957

Jun 10, 2021
Hello, I believe that at the moment the discord punishment track against misuse of channels is too strict. The current rule has the punishment track of Warning → 3 days ban → 7 days Ban → 30 days ban → Permanent ban - and I believe, as the title suggests, that the punishment track should contain two warnings rather than one.

The reason I think this is too strict is because it's so much easier to break this rule than any other rule in the discord, to be in the wrong channel is a normal thing that happens to everyone and I think having two warnings instead of one is more reasonable than having one warning and then bans after it.

Rules with punishment tracks very alike to the misuse of channel rule are the likes of swearing and spamming, the difference between these is being in a wrong channel is so much easier than literally typing out a swear word or spamming five messages or more.

A lot of people may say "shouldn't people learn from one warning", well maybe they should learn from one warning but I don't see why misuse of channels should require a ban anyway, while people maybe should have learned from one warning I still don't see it as right to ban people if it happens a second time. People are never effected by people misusing channels or answering questions correctly in staff help etc. it should not require a ban in any circumstance, but Cubecraft does ban people so I think it would be much more reasonable to have it as two warnings and then bans.

This used to be the case for staff help misuse and I believe it was a much more fair punishment track than what now, bans people after there first warning rather than second.

In conclusion I believe the old way of having two warnings for misuse of staff help was much better and I think it should be pushed out to the whole rule of "Using Channels Incorrectly". if you agree :agree: please vote below
:agree:

Reactions: Matriox

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Hello, I believe that at the moment the discord punishment track against misuse of channels is too strict. The current rule has the punishment track of Warning → 3 days ban → 7 days Ban → 30 days ban → Permanent ban - and I believe, as the title suggests, that the punishment track should contain two warnings rather than one.

The reason I think this is too strict is because it's so much easier to break this rule than any other rule in the discord, to be in the wrong channel is a normal thing that happens to everyone and I think having two warnings instead of one is more reasonable than having one warning and then bans after it.

Rules with punishment tracks very alike to the misuse of channel rule are the likes of swearing and spamming, the difference between these is being in a wrong channel is so much easier than literally typing out a swear word or spamming five messages or more.

A lot of people may say "shouldn't people learn from one warning", well maybe they should learn from one warning but I don't see why misuse of channels should require a ban anyway, while people maybe should have learned from one warning I still don't see it as right to ban people if it happens a second time. People are never effected by people misusing channels or answering questions correctly in staff help etc. it should not require a ban in any circumstance, but Cubecraft does ban people so I think it would be much more reasonable to have it as two warnings and then bans.

This used to be the case for staff help misuse and I believe it was a much more fair punishment track than what now, bans people after there first warning rather than second.

In conclusion I believe the old way of having two warnings for misuse of staff help was much better and I think it should be pushed out to the whole rule of "Using Channels Incorrectly". if you agree :agree: please vote below
Nah dude. The punishment is very fair and isn't too strict. I accidentally said hello in #staff-help and get an instant ban even tho I said it was on accident!!

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

I disagreed only bc u asked me to agree

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Support. This is the easiest rule to break and it's also easy to not realise what channel you're in until you're warned.

Also, anyone that says "Support" from here on was banned from the Discord for breaking this rule. (Joke so I'm not banned from the forums)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I agree, it's really not a major infraction and people could even end up banned without them realizing they were doing something wrong.

Jumping onto a 3 day ban so quickly just scares people away, I think most people who get banned don't even come back. So, it's not really beneficial for Cube to make their discord community smaller for things as small as these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."