Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No! (Please explain why)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes to the chest hunt (Please explain why not the other)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes to the lobbies (Please explain why not the other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Alright, I don't really know how to do introductions so I'm just going to jump right into it. I also don't know if any of these have been suggested before so I apologize in advance if they have.

Lobby Chest Hunt

So, for the most part, this suggestion is so small it probably wouldn't even matter if it were implemented or not. Basically, for those who like to do the chest hunt in the lobby, it is difficult whether or not to know when the next chest will spawn. Yes, there is the tag that spams you like, "oh, chest with goodies" but I believe it'd be easier to have a figure with a timer saying when the next chest will spawn. Maybe when there is no chest, there could be a red X above the figure with a timer? I don't know, let me know what you think.

The Lobbies In General

Now, I'm going out on a whim here and fully assuming (Please correct me if I'm wrong). But there are at least twenty-five lobbies every day, all day. Half of them are closed, and the others have a maximum of five players. Is that really necessary? I really don't know how much lobbies and individual servers cost but isn't that a waste of money? Surely there is no need for twenty lobbies at a time.

I understand the fear of lag but even with a lobby of thirty people, I see no lag (I don't know about other people). What I'm trying to say is there really is no point for all of the lobbies, especially when most of them have only three players.

Thank you for reading this horribly put together thread, and please let me know what you think!

Credits to @PerryJ and @Siftenly for the ideas, love you two. <3

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree with the first one. This could also be an armor stand like the Lobby Fishing and Relic Hunting showing if there is a chest or not, or if you already found the chest and are in cooldown, it could also show for how long you will have a cooldown.

I can't really give an opinion on the second one since I don't really know how the lobby system of Cubecraft works.

Although, nice suggestions! ;p

Stablish

Jan 2, 2018
Planet Earth
www.cubecraft.net
Lobby Chest Hunt

So, for the most part, this suggestion is so small it probably wouldn't even matter if it were implemented or not. Basically, for those who like to do the chest hunt in the lobby, it is difficult whether or not to know when the next chest will spawn. Yes, there is the tag that spams you like, "oh, chest with goodies" but I believe it'd be easier to have a figure with a timer saying when the next chest will spawn. Maybe when there is no chest, there could be a red X
above the figure with a timer? I don't know, let me know what you think.
I did a challenge yesterday with my 3 party mates and first person finds the hidden chest will be the winner, the next thing is that I can fly and none of them can and what made it worse is that they all found their hidden chests and I couldn't xD.

Anyways, I love this idea because it would help me and everyone to find out when the next chest is gonna be available for the player. And when it's found, it will give a timer until the next one. I love this!

The Lobbies In General

Now, I'm going out on a whim here and fully assuming (Please correct me if I'm wrong). But there are at least twenty-five lobbies every day, all day. Half of them are closed, and the others have a maximum of five players. Is that really necessary? I really don't know how much lobbies and individual servers cost but isn't that a waste of money? Surely there is no need for twenty lobbies at a time.

I understand the fear of lag but even with a lobby of thirty people, I see no lag (I don't know about other people). What I'm trying to say is there really is no point for all of the lobbies, especially when most of them have only three players.
Basically, the server can have more than 25 lobbies at a time, so in my opinion that's too much!
I would like them to add maximum of 10 lobbies because sometimes lobbies are empty and it's obvious. Let's consider one day the first 10 lobbies will become full, but how about the other 15? I'm completely sure not all the 27 lobbies will be full at one time. I agree with this one too!

Reactions: CyberAutumn

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Having an Armor Stand in the lobby explaining when and if a new Chest will spawn seems nice. But on the other hand, isn't it supposed to be some sort of "special event"? Having it perfectly timed and forseeable for everyone would kind of kill the surprise effect of the thing. Kinda twisted on it so I guess I'm fine with both ways.

As for the lobbies, it is true that there is a dumb amount of lobbies during (european time) late hours. I don't know the reasoning behind this if there is one in the first place so I can't really comment on whether it's good idea to revamp the system or not. It does make the server feel extra empty tbh.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Lobby Chest Hunt
This would definitely make going for the chest hunt better, especially with your 2nd suggestion with more people being in the lobbies.

The Lobbies In General
I REALLY want this suggestion to be implemented though! I miss the time when I could join a full eggwars lobby, ask in chat if anyone wanted to party up, and find 4+ new people to play with. Right now, there isn't really enough people in lobbies for there to be an active chat at all because everyone is so spread out across different lobbies.

Also, another benefit of this is that lobby chats will be easier to moderate with fewer lobbies.

All in all, really hope they reduce the amount of lobbies for a more active community and easier moderation. :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Reesle wrote on Magda_Korra's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Real Verbramdt?! 😱
Either way, Welcome (or welcome back) to the Forums!
Top Bottom