Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• I disagree with that ^^^ (Explain why!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I disagree with that ^^^ (Explain why!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Disclaimer: By "map" I mean the geographical maps. Not the build itself.

Currently, the handheld battlezone map looks like this:
upload_2018-5-25_20-43-45.png

Because of the way it looks, it's difficult to work out where to drop with your teammates, even if you're in a voice chat.
I've got two different ways to make it a heck of a lot easier to discuss where to drop with your team, both in voice chat and team chat.

The first method is to add a giant map of the... well... map(?) in the waiting lobby. Since it can get pretty large, it should
be able to fit an image like this at a decent quality:
battle-zone-map-v1-3-jpg.146263
The idea is to have a map along with location names for all the existing hotspots, in order to make it easy for people to work out what the official names for said locations are. This will mainly help those in a voice chat, but there's also a good was for people who chat in Minecraft itself. (Also, keep the two axis (1-10;A-J) if this is added to the waiting lobby.
To make it easier, we could just as well paste the simplified version of the map with the hotspot names over them. After all, having the names of the locations is good info to have.
Shortened version: Add a big sign board for the existing detailed battlezone map in the waiting lobby. This allows people in a voice chat to discuss landing strategies with location names.

Secondly, a really simple yet incredibly beneficial one.
You know how most maps have a type of scale on it to make it easy for people to pin out certain locations?
You may not have seen this, but the official BZ map has it too. Vertically, there are boxes that are numbered from 1 to 10 with horizontal lines cutting through the map to show you 10 segments. There are also horizontal boxes named A through J. You can probably see where I'm going with this: Add these axis to the handheld map for improved communication.
These two axis make it very easy to pinpoint specific locations with something as simple as mentioning a number and a letter. This will work beautifully in minecraft chat.
Anyone could get away with a simple "Go C3 because there's..." to advise their team to go to misty mines.
Short version: Add two axis to the handheld map in-game to make discussing a landing space much more convenient in chat.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
You’re able to add and name banners to maps in 1.13. That could be a way to fix this issue.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
You’re able to add and name banners to maps in 1.13. That could be a way to fix this issue.
Correct, but we really don't know exactly when 1.13. This suggestion is built with the possible features in 1.9, so the banner names were left out for that. In the future though, when we update to 1.13, this banner mechanic will definitely come in handy.

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Yeah this could be a great idea, I personally haven't played Battle Zone yet so I dont have the greatest of experience but it does seem like something that needs to be improved, there should be a "marking" system with the game to just make it easier for call outs when in teams. So yeah I'd give this a +1

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Top Bottom