Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How many featured games should there be at a time?

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 13 44.8%

Votes: 2 6.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm sure many of you know that a lot of people like some featured games and don't like others. You may be one of those people yourself. I'm one of those people and I'd consider myself abnormal. I like the unpopular games like slime survival (I've played about 3k games of it), wing rush, line dash, and paintball. These are the most unpopular games, but this is not what I am talking about. What I'm talking about is, because of many people liking some games and not others, I recommend having two featured games active at a time. Maybe not all of them permanently, because people would all go into their favorite games and we'd not have very many people playing each game, plus that would cost the owner of cubecraft a lot of money they don't need to spend. However, the featured games I like are only active about 30% of the time, and I very rarely play them unless it's slime survival or wing rush. If we had two featured games active at a time, players would have their favorite featured games available double as often.

Also, some people (like me) almost never play anything on cubecraft except featured games. I, as my unusual self, do not play games like eggwars, skywars, tower defense, or lucky islands except in rare events. I only ever play featured games - the ones I like!

Beyner127

Novice Member
Jan 20, 2017
yeah but like you said people will just join to their favorite game, and gonna make the other game unable to start due to the players
but cubecraft is getting more players these weeks, so

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I don't really have a problem with the current system but it would be nicer to have more choose ye. I don't really like any of the games except quakecraft, layer spleef, line dash and wing rush.
If the games were to be split it should be in two, one with arcade and one with games like Blockwars.
They could also add 2-3 new games like Battle Zone and Bingo for the non-arcade games.
Parkour Minigame, Super Craft Bros, Hide and Seek or something.
Not too much so it won't take ages but then people have and more games to enjoy and it'll still take less time.

D

Deleted member 59979

I think that with the increased player count recently, this could definitely work.The server definitely has been growing and I reckon it could support this well, and it would be quite nice for those who dont enjoy some games. Personally I agree with what's said above with splitting up arcade and blockwars, and while I would like to add new games like bingo and battlezone, apparently they weren't introduced due to issues with compatibility rather than just that they didn't want to.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
I kinda had an idea like this, one game is generated by the randomizer while the other game is voted by players using the vote for featured game thread that is coming out soon.

Reactions: Beyner127

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I think that with the increased player count recently, this could definitely work.The server definitely has been growing and I reckon it could support this well, and it would be quite nice for those who dont enjoy some games. Personally I agree with what's said above with splitting up arcade and blockwars, and while I would like to add new games like bingo and battlezone, apparently they weren't introduced due to issues with compatibility rather than just that they didn't want to.

I think it's a great idea to split up the featured games into two sections. Non-arcade and Arcade games.
Since the player count has indeed increased, and still is, it may be more likely for multiple games to be filled equally as quick as they normally would.

They could also add 2-3 new games like Battle Zone and Bingo for the non-arcade games.
I would personally love to see the old games added again, such as the Parkour Minigame, Hour Glass, Bingo, et cetra. And if they were to add Battle Zone again, changing the player count from 100, to 20 or something like that would probably be better. That way, the game will fill up quicker and no one will have to wait about half an hour to start a game.
I know some of these gamemodes were bugged. However, problems can be solved in one way or another. Some fresh changes to some of the old gamemodes probably wouldn't do much harm. And it will give the games fresh additions. I'd most likely personally really enjoy these games.

So I agree to what is also stated above by others, having two split sections for non-arcade and arcade would, in my opinion, be a good option.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Some fresh changes to some of the old gamemodes probably wouldn't do much harm
As long as they don't do the same as they did with Quakrcraft, aka adding two modes that conpletely change the game.
The only mode that would be fun for Parkour Minigame is (except ofc classic mode) Infinty mode where you just have to get as many points as possible in an x amount of minutes.

Reactions: Hoshi

Maurijst

Novice Member
Oct 31, 2018
Netherlands
I don't really have a problem with the current system but it would be nicer to have more choose ye. I don't really like any of the games except quakecraft, layer spleef, line dash and wing rush.
If the games were to be split it should be in two, one with arcade and one with games like Blockwars.
Not too much so it won't take ages but then people have and more games to enjoy and it'll still take less time.

for the parkour minigame, they can better add it back to parkour and not make a whole new featured game of it if they really want it back.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
While the player count has increased we would probably only consider having 2 'featured' slots active when one of those slots were one of our seasonal games, or potentially if we managed to bring one of the games not currently in the featured games pool into it. We continue to monitor the popularity of all of our featured games and when appropriate will look at viability of them as standalone games (interestingly the game the OP thought was unpopular, Slime Survival, is one of the most popular featured games).

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
(interestingly the game the OP thought was unpopular, Slime Survival, is one of the most popular featured games).
Interesting. I have been looking at the featured game votes from a while back, seeing slime survival with only one or two votes. Though, now that I think about it, slime survival has recently been getting a lot of votes. (One of them is always me!)

Trixfut

Sep 8, 2019
Good idea, but there still wouldnt be a big population bc they still choose the popular games

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
happy birthday!
Evaluatiefout wrote on Kazwa's profile.
meow ^w^
I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
Top Bottom