• NO ):

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
I really like this map. The details are just WOW in my opinion.

Can't wait to play this map!! Good job guys ;)

Reactions: hgbf

Undead

Feb 10, 2016
My computer desk all day
Ah yes, Troy... So I've spoken to Roehban about my complaints about this map. Your color palette is WAY out there, there's way way way to many colors here. stick with just sandstone or just red sandstone. Just not having it splattered throughout the entire thing. Same thing with the terra on the island, it's just splattered blocks everywhere. Get down to blocks that looks similar and put them together to sort of create just more texture. For example Mushroom blocks, Sandstone, A full slab sandstone block. They all look very similar so it creates just little texture.

What to work on in my opinion :
  • Pick a palette and make a clean design not splattered blocks
  • Work on the terra

Other than that no other comments.

Reactions: hgbf and TeoVolcano

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
Ah yes, Troy... So I've spoken to Roehban about my complaints about this map. Your color palette is WAY out there, there's way way way to many colors here. stick with just sandstone or just red sandstone. Just not having it splattered throughout the entire thing. Same thing with the terra on the island, it's just splattered blocks everywhere. Get down to blocks that looks similar and put them together to sort of create just more texture. For example Mushroom blocks, Sandstone, A full slab sandstone block. They all look very similar so it creates just little texture.

• Work on the terra

So we should remove grass and put mushroom blocks. We put some grass because it looked boring with just sandstone but if we think about it, we could get some cool.ideas. We've put a lot of effort.in this map and we dont want it to just dissappear. imo, we must work on it so it can be added. What do you think guys?

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net

• Work on the terra

We built the wall from an image, and on that image the wall was in both orange and normal sandstone. I will edit this post if I find the picture again.

EDIT: http://www.evermotion.org/excluziv/troy/image013.jpg

Undead

Feb 10, 2016
My computer desk all day
We built the wall from an image, and on that image the wall was in both orange and normal sandstone. I will edit this post if I find the picture again.

EDIT: http://www.evermotion.org/excluziv/troy/image013.jpg
So we should remove grass and put mushroom blocks. We put some grass because it looked boring with just sandstone but if we think about it, we could get some cool.ideas. We've put a lot of effort.in this map and we dont want it to just dissappear. imo, we must work on it so it can be added. What do you think guys?

I will go into deeper detail later when I make a full tutorial. But, here's what I mean by cleaning up your block palette. Rather than removing blocks make them look good together, make them complement their colours by using other colours that work well together with them. I used the gate picture as shown in Hb's post to throw together my interpretation of the blocks you could use to recreate the structure you were doing.I used blocks that compliment each other regardless how hard they clash together when thrown together in a random palette. Utilize your lighting as well, the #1 issue I see in every single map well almost... Is that there is no lighting throw lights in spots to bring out those shapes and create depth in your build. Just in that single wall there is 11 blocks of depth, There is so minimalistic detailing to that pretty much anyone can do it.
2016-03-20_08.43.07.png
2016-03-20_08.43.35.png

Reactions: TeoVolcano and hgbf

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
I will go into deeper detail later when I make a full tutorial. But, here's what I mean by cleaning up your block palette. Rather than removing blocks make them look good together, make them complement their colours by using other colours that work well together with them. I used the gate picture as shown in Hb's post to throw together my interpretation of the blocks you could use to recreate the structure you were doing.I used blocks that compliment each other regardless how hard they clash together when thrown together in a random palette. Utilize your lighting as well, the #1 issue I see in every single map well almost... Is that there is no lighting throw lights in spots to bring out those shapes and create depth in your build. Just in that single wall there is 11 blocks of depth, There is so minimalistic detailing to that pretty much anyone can do it.
View attachment 80095 View attachment 80096
I will try to rebuild the wall in a couple days ;)

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
U

Unipotato

Wow this looks super nice! I can tell you guys put a lot of work into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom