Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this added?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, with a few changes (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Stray.png

Stray

<< Strays would have normal speed (1.6) >>

<< Would be a mid game troop as the game already has enough early game troops and it isn't fit to be a late game troop in my opinion >>

<< Immune to the Ice Tower >>

<< Visual differences for levels can be made with armour pieces and/or an enchanted bow >>

<< Option to increase the speed of a Stray by changing it to a spider jockey starting from Level IV >>

<< Would give slowness to defending friendly troops in a certain radius of itself >>

Would you like to see this added? Vote on the poll above!
Please contact me if you are interested in working on new content for Tower Defence.

Last edited:

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
Yay, more 1.12 mob ideas. Here are some comments:

1. Although I agree that the game needs more mid-game troops, it may be a bit confusing to players to have Skeleton be an 'early-ish' game troop, and the Skeleton variant of Stray to come much later (then again, I suppose the Illager mobs Evoker and Witch would likely be the same issue). I guess I feel that Skeleton is more staple in MC than Illagers.

2. Immunity to Ice would certainly be a huge change, since nothing else is, so in effect I think this is a huge buff already. Would need to be careful about stats, since Ice is a huge part of defending well.

3. Visually differences on these will certainly be easier than on Witches, so it's a plus.

4. Spider Jockey would be cool as well, but would be hard to balance the logic of ice immunity of the stray with the ice vulnerability of the spider. Also, if it would be as fast as cave spider, and immune to ice, it would become the fastest mob in the game, maybe it should just remain a slow and slumbering mob that frozen mobs should be... (maybe even slower than 1.6)

5. The meat of this suggestion is with the defensive mob slowness idea, which is pretty interesting. I see this basically as the troop needed to balance the Parrot Tower suggestion you have, but even if the two effects cancelled, it would seem that stray would force the enemy team to build parrot towers where other DPS towers would be, ultimately making defending harder. Also worth noting is that ground defense is currently mobs (sorcerer), since TNT and archer aren't as cost / damage effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shotgun

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Yay, more 1.12 mob ideas. Here are some comments:

1. Although I agree that the game needs more mid-game troops, it may be a bit confusing to players to have Skeleton be an 'early-ish' game troop, and the Skeleton variant of Stray to come much later (then again, I suppose the Illager mobs Evoker and Witch would likely be the same issue). I guess I feel that Skeleton is more staple in MC than Illagers.

2. Immunity to Ice would certainly be a huge change, since nothing else is, so in effect I think this is a huge buff already. Would need to be careful about stats, since Ice is a huge part of defending well.

3. Visually differences on these will certainly be easier than on Witches, so it's a plus.

4. Spider Jockey would be cool as well, but would be hard to balance the logic of ice immunity of the stray with the ice vulnerability of the spider. Also, if it would be as fast as cave spider, and immune to ice, it would become the fastest mob in the game, maybe it should just remain a slow and slumbering mob that frozen mobs should be... (maybe even slower than 1.6)

5. The meat of this suggestion is with the defensive mob slowness idea, which is pretty interesting. I see this basically as the troop needed to balance the Parrot Tower suggestion you have, but even if the two effects cancelled, it would seem that stray would force the enemy team to build parrot towers where other DPS towers would be, ultimately making defending harder. Also worth noting is that ground defense is currently mobs (sorcerer), since TNT and archer aren't as cost / damage effective.
1. I don't really understand what your point is or how it could cause confusion

2. I actually meant it to be immune to the Ice damage, not the slowness.

4. It would indeed mean that it gets the speed of a Spider. This is, if I recall correctly, a speed of 2.0, which is at the faster side. It would most likely make the later levels a rush type kind of troop.

5. The Landmine Path of the Artillery Tower is pretty close to the Sorcerer's cost / damage effectiveness. Archer is more versatile so it seems pretty obvious to me that it has a lower cost / damage effectiveness.

dartz42

Novice Member
Aug 15, 2017
1. I don't really understand what your point is or how it could cause confusion

2. I actually meant it to be immune to the Ice damage, not the slowness.

4. It would indeed mean that it gets the speed of a Spider. This is, if I recall correctly, a speed of 2.0, which is at the faster side. It would most likely make the later levels a rush type kind of troop.

5. The Landmine Path of the Artillery Tower is pretty close to the Sorcerer's cost / damage effectiveness. Archer is more versatile so it seems pretty obvious to me that it has a lower cost / damage effectiveness.
1. I just mean that it might be more logical to me to have Stray and skeleton being relatively similar in terms of EXP and Coin costs (say, just like with pigmen and creepers). But if Skeleton 4-5 cost significantly less than Strays (if Stray is more expensive than Blazes), the mob type similarity might mislead people.

2. That seems much more reasonable, Ice damage immunity isn't a huge buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom